Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Tea and Conversation
 4Real Forums : Tea and Conversation
Subject Topic: Join Me in a Happy Dance!!! Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
kristinannie
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Online Status: Offline
Posted: March 20 2012 at 1:40pm | IP Logged Quote kristinannie

It is wonderful for someone just starting out to see the end result can be wonderful. Congrats! You must be so proud!!!

Katherine Elizabeth 8 months
Back to Top View kristinannie's Profile Search for other posts by kristinannie

VanessaVH
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: March 20 2012 at 3:25pm | IP Logged Quote VanessaVH

Congratulations!!!!!
You give me hope, just what I needed on a day when I was doubting if we are on the right path!

Elena
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: March 20 2012 at 5:07pm | IP Logged Quote Elena

Great news! Sometime hope you can share what you did and how you did it!

One Day at a Time

Back to Top View Elena's Profile Search for other posts by Elena Visit Elena's Homepage

Angel
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: March 21 2012 at 7:10pm | IP Logged Quote Angel

Oh, that is so awesome!!!!            

Didn't you once mention "extreme homeschooling" to me? (I'm pretty sure it was you! Just many years ago ). It's so great to hear that extreme homeschooling works!

Back to Top View Angel's Profile Search for other posts by Angel Visit Angel's Homepage

4 lads mom
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: March 21 2012 at 11:15pm | IP Logged Quote 4 lads mom

Angel wrote:

Didn't you once mention "extreme homeschooling" to me? (I'm pretty sure it was you! Just many years ago ). It's so great to hear that extreme homeschooling works!

Um...yeah, that was my quote....I had forgotten about that one! It was certainly like that for years at a time. We are far from done, but it is certainly easier now that Lily and Pete are trach free. One of mine asked me today, “Uh, Mom...are you going to be too old to teach Lily through high school?” When he saw my face drop, he said, “Geez, that sounded a lot different in my head!” Maybe I SHOULD start coloring my hair!!

I have to say, one of the most important things we have done as a homeschooling family in the midst of total medical meltdowns...is read...read a lot...my dh, after Pete was born, in the midst of navigating frequent surgeries, a new baby with a trach and g-tube...read the whole Narnia series every night to the kids for over a year. That brings back many fond memories...it anchored us...something familiar in what were very trying times. Lots and lots of conversations followed in reading that series. Great literature is available to everyone, either at the library....books on tape (or cd now, or mp3) and I feel it is the rock to a great education. I am NOT a super hero homeschooling mom...I am disorganized, easily distracted, impatient, but I LOVE books and I LOVE my kids. My kids love to read, even my late reader who has dyslexia...we all love good stories (It’s that Irish in us) and we meet there, in those books, and build relationships even when everything else is so darn hard.
So, if you ask “how did you do it?” I would direct you upwards....It is God that “did it.” But He certainly lead us to Him through some great books.
Young moms....read, read, read to your kids. If you do nothing else, if the day is shot, you feel like the day is a failed effort in herding cats.....get on that couch with your kids and read.
Sorry, I had to kick my soapbox up there for a minute...
The End.

juliana147
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: March 26 2012 at 5:34pm | IP Logged Quote juliana147

I know you are so proud!

I second the reading... my fondest memories of the early years are of the kids and I sitting on the couch together, reading.

Hooray, such good news!!!!

Back to Top View juliana147's Profile Search for other posts by juliana147

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

<< Prev Page of 2
  [Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version