Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Tea and Conversation (Forum Locked Forum Locked)
 4Real Forums : Tea and Conversation
Subject Topic: Christmas Gift for Husband Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
stacykay
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Online Status: Offline
Posted: Dec 08 2011 at 9:06am | IP Logged Quote stacykay

MicheleQ wrote:
...He's a weight lifter so I'll be buying him the whey protein he likes (but doesn't buy for himself very often because of the cost) and also schedule him a massage at the Y.

Just an aside, our 21yods is a lax player and works out all of the time...and he has a huge bag of whey protein for his shakes (he got it at Costco, so maybe it's a less expensive source-and he pays for it himself!) But anyhoo, we refer to it as his "curds and whey." Silly, I know, but we all started laughing one day when dh told him to put away his "curds and whey" and that is what we call it now.

In Christ,
Stacy
Back to Top View stacykay's Profile Search for other posts by stacykay

Erin
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Dec 08 2011 at 1:52pm | IP Logged Quote Erin

Just received mail that half price sales are on photo canvases etc. Dh has a very big, boring office with blank walls. I'm wondering about a big picture of the children and a lovely pot plant to brighten the room. Also one year he bought me one of those digital photo frames, it is never used. Thinking I could buy a card, snap lots of photos and re-gift to dh, also for office.

But now my mind is also thinking more ideas, lots of home-made gifts as well as purchase ones on pinterest, just type in "Christmas Gifts for Men."

Love hearing all these ideas, such fun

Back to Top View Erin's Profile Search for other posts by Erin Visit Erin's Homepage

JennGM
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Dec 08 2011 at 1:57pm | IP Logged Quote JennGM

I struggle with this every year. One repeat gift is a photo calendar for his office. I make one at Snapfish or some other photo place full of photos from the year. I've filled it with the pertinent family dates and he loves looking at it. All year I hear comments about the pictures.

Since I'm so bad at printing out pictures, sharing pictures, and putting into albums, this is the best (and only) way he sees them.

Back to Top View JennGM's Profile Search for other posts by JennGM Visit JennGM's Homepage

JodieLyn
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Dec 08 2011 at 2:45pm | IP Logged Quote JodieLyn

oh Erin.. I have a picture to show you that I would have loved to have made a big poster sized print for the wall.. but I don't have a wall for it.

drat.. computers are being difficult.. I'll have to get on the other computer.

All men who have turned out worth anything have had the chief hand in their own education.
-Sir Walter Scott
Back to Top View JodieLyn's Profile Search for other posts by JodieLyn

JodieLyn
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Dec 08 2011 at 3:03pm | IP Logged Quote JodieLyn

Anyway Erin, I just wanted to share because it's one of my all time favorite pictures of the kids.. and it's not "portrait" but would make a great picture for the wall. So just to give you a bit of an idea..

I can't post it here because of the size.. but Here it is

It's from.. oh my.. 6 years ago now.. when my big kids were little.

All men who have turned out worth anything have had the chief hand in their own education.
-Sir Walter Scott
Back to Top View JodieLyn's Profile Search for other posts by JodieLyn

Donna Marie
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Dec 08 2011 at 4:21pm | IP Logged Quote Donna Marie

Dh's birthday is near Christmas, today actually so I have to think of good ideas TWICE!

I love the Guinness idea!   I snitching that one...he loves that! I want to make him a meal (Sunday as we will be out at Mass tonight and won't have time ) and I will use the recipes at the Guinness site! Now THAT should be FUN!
So maybe you could find something that your dh loves and make a theme around that that also involves food?

I made up a coffee basket for him once that had the scoop attached to the handle of the basket with a small carabiner so it wouldn't get lost...yeah, that happens a LOT and had his favorite coffee and all the accoutrements thrown in there with something to munch on. I am getting to his heart through his stomach...see a theme here?

Dh loves to grill so one year we bought him bandanas (they are a multi purpose tool, dontchaknow) and we used them to wrap around grilling spices of all kinds and put it in a basket. It was simple, but dh loved it and it was something the kids could "wrap" easily.

I know there are more ideas, but I am being called upon for my queenly duties.    I must go...but I am reading and hoping for a good idea for Christmas!!

Finding Elegant Simplicity
Back to Top View Donna Marie's Profile Search for other posts by Donna Marie Visit Donna Marie's Homepage

folklaur
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Dec 09 2011 at 1:31am | IP Logged Quote folklaur

CrunchyMom wrote:
SeaStar wrote:
I also like to buy him some specialty beer. Usually the World Market has the Beers of the World or something similar. He likes those. Along with that I will buy him a special treat- nuts or fancy pretzels, etc.

I saved this idea thinking it would be a cute husband or possible hostess gift.

link

Oh - this is awesome!!!! Thank you!!!!
Back to Top View folklaur's Profile Search for other posts by folklaur

folklaur
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Dec 09 2011 at 1:43am | IP Logged Quote folklaur

Okay, first you have to understand, my DH is totally into zombies.

ds got him a book, "The Philosophy of Zombies - Chicken Soup for the Soulless."

He also likes gnomes. DD9 made him a felt picture of a gnome, that she carefully stitched. It is adorable.

Oldest dd got him a zombie dice game, and a Carc dice game (he likes Carcassone too. Well, all games.)

I got him a handmade Gargoyle Mug (he likes gargoyles), a handmade gargoyle pendant, a handmade stained glass gargoyle, and a few other things. Almost everything I got this year was on Etsy or from local artisans, except for those things I couldn't (like books, etc.)

Oh - and goat's milk fudge. I am an official fudge failure anyway, and my DH loves fudge. I have tried and tried, following recipes from simple to complicated. And I can not make a decent batch of fudge. Then I found a shop on Etsy that made goat's milk fudge, and I tried it - in butterscotch flavor. Now, my dh isn't even a huge butterscotch fan, but even he was raving about this fudge. It was so creamy, SO good, and it didn't bother my dairy sensitive stomach either. So, I got different flavors of fudge for everyone. I just have to be good and not sample each one as I am wrapping it all up!
Back to Top View folklaur's Profile Search for other posts by folklaur

Angie Mc
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Posted: Dec 09 2011 at 9:54am | IP Logged Quote Angie Mc

Laura, your dh is such a kid at heart! And one of the kindest, generous men I know. I can just picture him on Christmas morning (or will it be Eve...afternoon...because of his work schedule) happy, happy, happy.

My problem in finding a good gift for my dh is two-fold. He is very mum about saying what he likes or doesn't. And I'm not very sensitive or intuitive about gift-giving. Bad combination!

There will also be a watch for my dh under the tree from me. At least, that's what he informed me. Apparently, I have excellent taste. The surprise will be mine!

Love,

Back to Top View Angie Mc's Profile Search for other posts by Angie Mc Visit Angie Mc's Homepage

MaryM
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Posted: Dec 09 2011 at 10:57am | IP Logged Quote MaryM

Angie Mc wrote:
There will also be a watch for my dh under the tree from me. At least, that's what he informed me. Apparently, I have excellent taste. The surprise will be mine!

And let's hope no husbands are reading these threads or they won't be surprised....

Our Domestic Church
Back to Top View MaryM's Profile Search for other posts by MaryM Visit MaryM's Homepage

stefoodie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Dec 09 2011 at 6:09pm | IP Logged Quote stefoodie

Ugh, I'm again thinking of a towel warmer, for the nth year I think. I still haven't gotten it because I'm waiting for a model that's not going to cost $400 (+ installation) but will be "good enough". I just think that would be such a treat for hubby when he steps out of the shower and into a warm towel.

But it looks like I may have to default to socks etc and maybe a new sweater (since the 15-yo is "borrowing" his dad's a little too much these days).

Does anyone have any ideas how to DIY a towel warmer?

mom to five
Back to Top View stefoodie's Profile Search for other posts by stefoodie Visit stefoodie's Homepage

CrunchyMom
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Dec 09 2011 at 6:29pm | IP Logged Quote CrunchyMom

stefoodie wrote:
Ugh, I'm again thinking of a towel warmer, for the nth year I think. I still haven't gotten it because I'm waiting for a model that's not going to cost $400 (+ installation) but will be "good enough". I just think that would be such a treat for hubby when he steps out of the shower and into a warm towel.

But it looks like I may have to default to socks etc and maybe a new sweater (since the 15-yo is "borrowing" his dad's a little too much these days).

Does anyone have any ideas how to DIY a towel warmer?

I let my dh have the towel bar over the vent (I don't think he knows I covet his towel bar), so when the furnace is on, his towel gets blasted. It is always super dry and warm. Doesn't help you.

My dh is a safety pup and would probably deem heated towel racks a fire hazard, so I've never looked. He doesn't understand my love for headlamps, either. Fortunately our bathroom is directly over the furnace and is the warmest room in the house in winter, bordering on stifling Would headlamps overhead or something like that be cheaper and still make the bathroom cozier?

[URL=http://mysymphonygarden.blogspot.com/]Lost in the Cosmos[/UR
Back to Top View CrunchyMom's Profile Search for other posts by CrunchyMom

Pilgrim
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Dec 10 2011 at 8:44am | IP Logged Quote Pilgrim

Dh put the towel rack over the heat register here as well, it works beautifully. And when the furnace is going is the time of the year that a warm towel matters most anyway. If you have room on the wall Lindsey, you could put another rack right above his, this is what he did after we got married, so I'd have a warm towel, too.   

St. Clare Heirloom Seeds coupon 4Real 20% off

St. Clare Audio
Back to Top View Pilgrim's Profile Search for other posts by Pilgrim Visit Pilgrim's Homepage

kristacecilia
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Dec 12 2011 at 12:02pm | IP Logged Quote kristacecilia

My hubby got a new iPhone 4S for Christmas, but he got it in October. I affectionately refer to Siri as my sister-wife. She reminds DH to do things when I am not around. And give him grocery lists I made up for him when I need him to hit the store on his way home.

I did want him to have something under the tree, though, so I got him a nice, long sleeved shirt of his favorite sports team and a matching hat. Also, a video game he's been wanting for awhile. The kids are giving him Seasons 2 and 3 of The Muppet Show. My DH is also a kid at heart.

Wife to a great guy, mom to two boys ('04, '06) and three girls ('08, '10, '12!)

I blog at http://kristacecilia.wordpress.com/
Back to Top View kristacecilia's Profile Search for other posts by kristacecilia

JennGM
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Dec 14 2011 at 3:55pm | IP Logged Quote JennGM

Anyone have hints for Garage items? Dh is looking for one of those red light/green light to park the car -- I think for both us and his mother. We used to get a catalog, but in this area I'm completely clueless.

Back to Top View JennGM's Profile Search for other posts by JennGM Visit JennGM's Homepage

Sorry, you cannot post a reply to this topic.
This forum has been locked by a forum administrator.

<< Prev Page of 2
  [Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version