Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Mothering and Family Life (Forum Locked Forum Locked)
 4Real Forums : Mothering and Family Life
Subject Topic: Moral issue? Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
CelesteMary
Forum Rookie
Forum Rookie

Online Status: Offline
Posted: Aug 05 2011 at 9:34pm | IP Logged Quote CelesteMary

By the way, I have just attended my second month for consecration the the Sacred Heart of Jesus. Unfortunately, we cannot all go as a family as we only have one car. Is it better if I go with some of the family rather than all or should I wait until we get another car and can all go together?

I have also been saying a lovely daily prayer to the Sacred Heart of Jesus that I found somewhere on this website.

Whoever posted this, when I was away and the original incident happened that triggered this email, I held onto this prayer each day. You see, we were 12 hours away and I had to do the best I could staying at my in-laws house.

This prayer really brought me through:

O Sacred Heart of Jesus, I present to Thee this day the dearest treasures I possess. I offer Thee the hearts of these tender little ones. Oh, make their hearts meek and humble thine own. Remember that, while on earth, it was Thy delight to caress and embrace such as these. Placing Thy pure hands upon them, Thou didst say: "Let the children come to Me, and do not hinder them, for of such is the kingdom of God" : and "Their angels always behold the face of My Father in heaven." Look, I beseech, O Divine and loving Heart, upon the innocence of these children, and mercifully deign to bless them. Grant them sobriety, piety, and Thy holy fear. Grant them grace to grow up in the observance of Thy holy Commandments. Purify their hearts, sanctify their lives, adorn them with chastity, and crown them with good works. Bestow upon them prosperity, peace, safety and a fervent charity. Preserve them from all dangers, and from the deceit of the devil. Defend them always with Thy powerful protection, and in the end conduct them safely to the joys of Paradise. Admit them now into the Sanctuary of Thy tender and loving Heart, both for time and for eternity. Sweetest Heart of Jesus, I claim them no longer as my own. They belong wholly to Thee. Do with them as Thou wilt. And may the blessing of the Father, Son and Holy Ghost descend upon them and remain with them forever. Amen.

I actually happened to bring a copy of this prayer tucked away in a book I was reading. Boy, did it come in handy. I try to pray it morning and night, so thanks to whomever posted it!   
Back to Top View CelesteMary's Profile Search for other posts by CelesteMary

Erica Sanchez
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Aug 06 2011 at 2:22am | IP Logged Quote Erica Sanchez

Celeste Mary and all,

God bless you! I read most everything written and agree with those who spoke about the beautiful way in which this difficult conversation has unfolded. What wise, loving advice from everyone!

I really have nothing to add except to share that we have had to make very hard and painful decisions (for other reasons) concerning members of my immediate family and have been persecuted because of it. No fun. I totally feel for you, but have great hope after reading your latest posts.

When I read your first post, I felt exactly as Servant. The heavy drinking at every family holiday gathering and the heavy drinking until the early hours of the morning with children present....this is not normal. Several beers/drinks over the course of an evening that ends before or around midnight....this seems normal. For what it's worth, I would never, ever leave my children in a situation like you've described. I don't mean to sound dramatic. And, we moms should remember to always trust our motherly insticts which I think you are doing very gracefully.

It sounds like you have a very good plan worked out with your husband. You will be in my prayers!

Back to Top View Erica Sanchez's Profile Search for other posts by Erica Sanchez

Pilgrim
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Aug 06 2011 at 7:16am | IP Logged Quote Pilgrim

CelesteMary, Thank you for posting that prayer again! I missed the original post it was in, and have never seen it. It is absolutely beautiful. Wasn't it God's great Mercy and Goodness you had it with you?

I second the idea of a novena we can pray together as CelesteMary suggested.

St. Clare Heirloom Seeds coupon 4Real 20% off

St. Clare Audio
Back to Top View Pilgrim's Profile Search for other posts by Pilgrim Visit Pilgrim's Homepage

Pilgrim
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Aug 06 2011 at 8:00am | IP Logged Quote Pilgrim

I was thinking we could do this novena maybe.

Maybe we could all do this novena starting on August 15, a feast day of Our Lady? (CelesteMary would be back by then, too. )

Just a thought.

Novena in Honor of Our Lady of the Miraculous Medal

Leader: Come Holy Spirit, fill the hearts of Your faithful and kindle in them the fire of Your love. Send forth Your Spirit, and they shall be created.

People: And you shall renew the face of the earth.

Leader: Let us pray. O God, Who instructed the hearts of the faithful by the light of the Holy Spirit, grant us in the same Spirit to savor what is right, and always to rejoice in His consolation. Through Jesus Christ our Lord.

People: Amen.

Leader: O Mary, conceived without sin,
People: Pray for us who have recourse to you.

PRAYERS

Leader and People:
Lord Jesus Christ, Who has glorified Your mother, the Blessed Virgin Mary, Immaculate from the first moment of her conception, grant that all who devoutly implore her protection on earth may eternally enjoy Your Presence in heaven. Lord Jesus Christ, Who for the accomplishment of Your greatest works have chosen the weak things of the world, that no flesh may glory in Your sight, and Who for a better and more widely diffused belief in the Immaculate Conception of Your Mother, have wished that the Miraculous Medal be manifested to Saint Catherine Laboure, grant, we ask You that filled with like humility, we may glorify this mystery by word and work. Amen.

NOVENA PRAYER

Leader and People: Immaculate Virgin Mary, mother of our Lord Jesus and our mother, we have confidence in your powerful and never-failing intercession, manifested often through the Miraculous Medal. We your loving and trustful children, ask you to obtain for us the graces and favors we ask during this novena if they will be for the glory of God and the salvation of souls. (Here privately form your petitions.)

You know, O Mary, how often our souls have been the sanctuaries of your Son Who hates iniquity. Obtain for us then a deep hatred of sin and that purity of heart which will attach us to God alone so that our every thought, word, and deed may tend to His greater glory.
Obtain for us also a spirit of prayer and self-denial that we may recover by penance what we have lost by sin and at length attain to that blessed abode where you are the queen of angels and of men. Amen.

PRAYER TO OUR LADY
OF THE MIRACULOUS MEDAL

Leader and People: Virgin Mother of God, Mary Immaculate, we unite ourselves to you under your title of Our Lady of the Miraculous Medal. May this medal be for each one of us a sure sign of your motherly affection for us and a constant reminder of our filial duties towards you. While wearing it, may we be blessed by your loving protection and preserved in the grace of your Son. Most powerful Virgin, Mother of our Savior, keep us close to you every moment of our lives so that like you we may live and act according to the teaching and example of your Son. Obtain for us, your children, the grace of a happy death so that in union with you we may enjoy the happiness of heaven forever. Amen.

Leader: O Mary, conceived without sin,
People: Pray for us who have recourse to you.

CLOSING PRAYER

O Mary conceived without sin, pray for us:
O Mary conceived without sin, pray for us who have recourse to thee. (once

St. Clare Audio
Back to Top View Pilgrim's Profile Search for other posts by Pilgrim Visit Pilgrim's Homepage

Servant2theKing
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Aug 06 2011 at 8:06am | IP Logged Quote Servant2theKing

Celeste, Thank you so much for sharing that very touching and meaningful prayer! You can certainly entrust your family to the Sacred Heart of Jesus by praying this prayer. Someday, you might ask a priest to enthrone your home to the Sacred Heart of Jesus, but for now our Lord has truly blessed you by sending you that beautiful prayer. May you rest close to the Sacred Heart of Jesus, knowing that He cares deeply for you and your dear family. Our family will join you in praying this prayer for all your intentions!

CelesteMary
Forum Rookie
Forum Rookie

Posted: Aug 25 2011 at 12:11pm | IP Logged Quote CelesteMary

Hello, ladies. I am sorry to just get back. Though I definitely missed the 15th, I will start to pray the novena right away!

If anyone else will be praying this, I will start tonight, August 25th. If there is a more powerful day for prayer like a feast day coming up, please let me know. ( I admit, I need to do a better job at keeping up with my feast days.)

You all will never know how much this post has meant to me. Thanks and God bless you all.

Servant2theKing
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Aug 25 2011 at 2:13pm | IP Logged Quote Servant2theKing

So good to hear from you! We're still praying the Novena for all your intentions, along with other souls we know who are struggling with similar issues. God is not bound by time, as we are ~ while we try to pray a novena with the intention of following it as mentioned, we are always filled with immense gratitude that our Lord fills in the gaps when life or circumstances cause our timing to be a little off (which seems to happen more often than not). The important thing is to keep praying ~ we are and we will!

Pilgrim
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Aug 25 2011 at 4:17pm | IP Logged Quote Pilgrim

We have had a couple of days where we've missed the novena, due to being gone from the house during prayer times, etc. If we miss a day in a novena, we just pick up the next day where we have left off. Like Servant said, thankfully God is not bound by time or space. We continue to pray for your intentions as well. We will be happy to join you in another round of the novena!

St. Clare Audio

CelesteMary
Forum Rookie
Forum Rookie

Posted: Aug 25 2011 at 7:52pm | IP Logged Quote CelesteMary

Thanks Servant and Pilgrim. Sometimes I need a reminder that God is all powerful and forever present.

I am beginning my novena now.

So happy to know you are there.

CelesteMary
Forum Rookie
Forum Rookie

Posted: Aug 25 2011 at 8:02pm | IP Logged Quote CelesteMary

This is a beautiful and powerful novena. I just found and put on my miraculous medal. Thanks to you, Pilgrim for sending it and all who will pray for these intentions that will affect future generations to come.

KauaiCatholic
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Aug 25 2011 at 8:09pm | IP Logged Quote KauaiCatholic

CelesteMary, I totally lost track of the days. so I will be joining you in beginning the novena tonight.

God bless you and your family, and everyone else on here too!

Back to Top View KauaiCatholic's Profile Search for other posts by KauaiCatholic

Pilgrim
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Aug 25 2011 at 10:00pm | IP Logged Quote Pilgrim

Sorry, I guess I should have posted it here, as well as the prayer forum! Oops! Well, hey it's great to be praying this together now!

St. Clare Audio

Sorry, you cannot post a reply to this topic.
This forum has been locked by a forum administrator.

<< Prev Page of 2
  [Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version