Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Our Lady of Good Remedy and Care (Forum Locked Forum Locked)
 4Real Forums : Our Lady of Good Remedy and Care
Subject Topic: Fibroids Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
mommy4ever
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Online Status: Offline
Posted: Sept 05 2011 at 5:29pm | IP Logged Quote mommy4ever

Stephanie, it is so hard with things like that! My mom had severe fibroids and had a hysterctomy at 32. She resisted hard to avoid it. But between my older brothers and me there were multiple miscarriages, when I was about 2 or 3, she was bleeding non stop for nearly 1 year before the dr said, that it was her life or the potential(non existant) chance for another child. And who would care for her 3 kiddos she had already.

the surgery went like clock work, and her health improved immensely. She didn't go into early menopause, but started well in to her 50's early 60's.

Good luck, enjoy for visit to see the Pope!!!
Back to Top View mommy4ever's Profile Search for other posts by mommy4ever

St. Ann
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Oct 19 2011 at 3:40am | IP Logged Quote St. Ann

My surgery is in 2 days. Thank you all for your support and prayers.

Wife and mother to Hannah '96, Maria '99, Dorothea '01, Helena '03
Back to Top View St. Ann's Profile Search for other posts by St. Ann Visit St. Ann's Homepage

JennGM
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Oct 19 2011 at 6:34pm | IP Logged Quote JennGM

St. Ann wrote:
My surgery is in 2 days. Thank you all for your support and prayers.

Continued, and I'll up them for your surgery day! Thanks for the reminder! I know your family will come to your aid!

Back to Top View JennGM's Profile Search for other posts by JennGM Visit JennGM's Homepage

Barb.b
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Oct 19 2011 at 7:59pm | IP Logged Quote Barb.b

I will! One hint - At my hospital they asked after I woke - from 1-10 what my pain level was. I decided before to say a 7 or 8. Cause they gave me something for pain and asked again - this way I had room to get more pain med.! Good thing I did this - was I got to a pain level that I said was a 3 - they seemed satisfied and stopped asking! If you say too low of a number - you run out of numbers! Hope that made sense! You will do great! I pray for your Dr.s but also for terrific nurses!

Barb
Back to Top View Barb.b's Profile Search for other posts by Barb.b

hylabrook1
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Oct 20 2011 at 2:59pm | IP Logged Quote hylabrook1

Praying that all goes well with your surgery, Stephanie, including you own peace of mind. When you are able, please update us.

Peace,
Nancy
Back to Top View hylabrook1's Profile Search for other posts by hylabrook1

St. Ann
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Nov 16 2011 at 2:36am | IP Logged Quote St. Ann

Barb.b wrote:
YES!, Actually I think back with fond memories about my recovery time. I know it sounds strange, but - I had spent my days in a recliner or lounging in bed or couch (but the recliner felt best! I even slept there), the kids knew enough to be careful around mom and to be awesome helpers (kids at the time were 7, 12 and 17) There was no "to do" list, no expectations besides rest. It was a completely different time as a family. . . and having the kids come ask if they could get me anything, or even spontaneously bring me water was cool. They were overprotective!

Barb

Barb

Barb, this has been my experience also. I was in the hospital for a good week and came home well rested. I had no pain to speak of the entire time. The most uncomfortable situation was enduring the hair regrowth. I had never before had to shave and it is very itchy ...
That phase is thankfully in the past.

So, after almost 4 weeks I can say that I don't feel an emptiness or hole in my being. I don't feel less feminine at all. I feel really ... good. My "mommyness" has not suffered in the least.
These were all fears of mine, spoken or unspoken, beforehand. I am very thankful.

"and His mercy endures forever"

Wife and mother to Hannah '96, Maria '99, Dorothea '01, Helena '03
Back to Top View St. Ann's Profile Search for other posts by St. Ann Visit St. Ann's Homepage

Barb.b
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Nov 17 2011 at 7:42am | IP Logged Quote Barb.b

Oh God bless you! So awesome!
Barb
Back to Top View Barb.b's Profile Search for other posts by Barb.b

Sorry, you cannot post a reply to this topic.
This forum has been locked by a forum administrator.

<< Prev Page of 2
  [Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version