Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Our Lady's Loom, Larder, and Laundry
 4Real Forums : Our Lady's Loom, Larder, and Laundry
Subject Topic: Crock pot recipes? Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
time4tea
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Online Status: Offline
Posted: June 22 2011 at 4:46pm | IP Logged Quote time4tea

O.K., Thank you

~Tea
Back to Top View time4tea's Profile Search for other posts by time4tea

seeker
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: June 24 2011 at 9:28am | IP Logged Quote seeker

jawgee wrote:
seeker wrote:
jawgee wrote:
Oh, I also love doing Pulled Pork in the crockpot. Put a 3-4 lb. piece of pork loin in the crock pot with 2 cans of root beer. Cook on low all day. At the end of the day, drain the root beer, shred the pork, and mix the pork with your favorite BBQ sauce. Serve in dinner rolls.

Do you know if this works with chicken?? I've got some boneless, skinless thighs that I wanted to use this Thursday...

Never tried with chicken thighs - only breasts. Check www.allrecipes.com for some ideas (put chicken thigh and slow cooker in the search box). I LOVE that site!!

Just wanted to come back and report that our dinner turned out great!

Monica,
I was really intrigued with the root beer idea so I ended up cobbling together your recipe with some of the others I found in my search. Here's what I did:

I put 3-4 lbs. of boneless, skinless chicken thighs in the crock and stabbed them with a knife several times. Then I poured 1 can of stevia root beer to cover. I added a couple of squirts of barbeque sauce, a couple of squirts of white vinegar, a few dashes of onion powder, and some sprinkles of mesquite seasoning. I cooked it on low for about eight hours (could probably go longer, there was plenty of liquid left). Then I drained it, pulled it, and added a bit more barbeque sauce. I served it on buns and let them add extra barbeque sauce if they wanted it. Dh raved about this, which was awesome because we live now in an area that has the best pulled barbeque we've ever tasted!

jawgee
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: June 24 2011 at 1:41pm | IP Logged Quote jawgee

seeker wrote:

Monica,
I was really intrigued with the root beer idea so I ended up cobbling together your recipe with some of the others I found in my search. Here's what I did:

I put 3-4 lbs. of boneless, skinless chicken thighs in the crock and stabbed them with a knife several times. Then I poured 1 can of stevia root beer to cover. I added a couple of squirts of barbeque sauce, a couple of squirts of white vinegar, a few dashes of onion powder, and some sprinkles of mesquite seasoning. I cooked it on low for about eight hours (could probably go longer, there was plenty of liquid left). Then I drained it, pulled it, and added a bit more barbeque sauce. I served it on buns and let them add extra barbeque sauce if they wanted it. Dh raved about this, which was awesome because we live now in an area that has the best pulled barbeque we've ever tasted!

Oooh, I love how you switched it up some! I'm the type that sticks to the recipe. Good to know how well it works with chicken!

C (12/2001), N (11/2005), M (5/2008), J (8/2009) and three angels
The Catholic Cup on Facebook
Back to Top View jawgee's Profile Search for other posts by jawgee

MamaFence
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: July 26 2011 at 11:28pm | IP Logged Quote MamaFence

I love crock pot threads! Let's get some more recipes...I'm starting to think about how many crock-pot nights I might have each week, once school begins!

DD 7yr (11.04)
DD 5yr (6.06)
DS 3yr (6.08)
DS 2yr (11.09)
Back to Top View MamaFence's Profile Search for other posts by MamaFence

Becky Parker
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: July 28 2011 at 11:03am | IP Logged Quote Becky Parker

2 super easy things I have done for crock pot meals are:
(and these are so easy it's almost embarassing! )

Easy Peasy recipe #1 - Put chicken pieces (legs, thighs or breasts, or a combination) in crockpot. Pour on bottled BBQ sauce. (We use Bulls Eye brand since it does not contain high fructose corn syrup). Cook all day at low, or all afternoon at high. Serve as is or shred and serve on buns.

Easy Peasy recipe #2 - Break spaghetti peices in half and put in crock pot (raw). Add 1 cup of water. Pour over a jar of your favorite spaghetti sauce (I usually use homemade sauce with meat, but I've used Prego on occasion too!) Cook all day on low. (This is actually the only way my kids will eat GF pasta. Cooking it in the sauce seems to make it taste better to them.)

Back to Top View Becky Parker's Profile Search for other posts by Becky Parker

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

<< Prev Page of 2
  [Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version