Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Nurturing the Years of Wonder
 4Real Forums : Nurturing the Years of Wonder
Subject Topic: What do you do for pre-K? Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
kristinannie
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Online Status: Offline
Posted: July 08 2011 at 5:27pm | IP Logged Quote kristinannie

SusanMc wrote:
The 3-hour time slots also seemed overly disruptive to our family routine.

This is really how I feel. My DD3 is supposed to go to preschool two days a week for three hours this coming year. I absolutely love the teacher she will have and we had such a great experience with that class the year before last with my son. I am just really torn. I feel deep inside that we shouldn't send her, but my husband really wants to send her. It will be nice for her to meet some other kids and have the school experience for a year. However, it also means TONS of extra germs in our house (things run through that preschool like I can't even believe) and also a disruption of our routine twice a week. I just don't know what to do. I am definitely not sending her to pre-K the following year so I feel like sending her next year is a compromise.

Katherine Elizabeth 8 months
Back to Top View kristinannie's Profile Search for other posts by kristinannie

dolorsofmary
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: July 09 2011 at 7:08pm | IP Logged Quote dolorsofmary

I would be careful about enrolling your child in school. A friend did that and was sorry when she was homeschooling him. She had to get the 'school' out of him even though it was just pre-school. Sorry.
Back to Top View dolorsofmary's Profile Search for other posts by dolorsofmary

kristinannie
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: July 09 2011 at 7:16pm | IP Logged Quote kristinannie

dolorsofmary wrote:
I would be careful about enrolling your child in school. A friend did that and was sorry when she was homeschooling him. She had to get the 'school' out of him even though it was just pre-school. Sorry.

I have experienced that with DS5 for sure. He has already been "socialized."      I always have to laugh when someone brings up socialization because the kind of socialization they get in school is NOT the kind I want my kids to be exposed to!

Katherine Elizabeth 8 months
Back to Top View kristinannie's Profile Search for other posts by kristinannie

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

<< Prev Page of 2
  [Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version