Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Our Lady's Loom, Larder, and Laundry
 4Real Forums : Our Lady's Loom, Larder, and Laundry
Subject Topic: Interior Painting, Would you...? Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
Erin
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Online Status: Offline
Posted: Jan 31 2011 at 2:59am | IP Logged Quote Erin

Thank you everyone for all your wonderful advice

After much thought and 'discussion' dh and I agreed to one colour throughout the house (I'm still nervous about this). We chose a lovely cheery but warm colour, Dulux-Paw Paw and have painted our first room!

We are planning on the trim being Spanish Cream which will go beautifully with the Paw Paw.

We did try your tip Lindsay, worked well Thanks

Servant2theKing wrote:
I'm praying you'll be guided toward colors that bring your family similar grace and peace in the home you've poured so much labor and love into. The progress you've made is incredible! Looking at your BLOG, it's evident you have a gift for blending colors together...enjoy the process of feathering your blessed nest!

Servant,

Not sure how come I get praise for colour blending, I feel so inadequate, but thank you

Servant2theKing wrote:
I just revisited your BLOG...you have so many great projects going on! One thought...perhaps some of the wood or cabinets you've salvaged could be used to create a reading loft in your library or learning room. I love the concept of going vertical and utilizing space that would otherwise go to waste.

That's a great idea, the ceilings are not tall enough in there at present but we will most likely have to lift the ceilings when we re-roof the old house. Although at present I am dreaming of adding two shelves to take the bookcases up to the ceiling.

Back to Top View Erin's Profile Search for other posts by Erin Visit Erin's Homepage

Servant2theKing
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Jan 31 2011 at 10:14am | IP Logged Quote Servant2theKing

Erin, the PawPaw color is truly lovely...so warm and pleasant...really enhances the beautiful view through your windows! When I mentioned your gift for blending colors together on your BLOG, I was referring to the lovely shades of blue and green...especially the delightful shades of green and turquoise with the lighter and deeper shades of blue in the floral wallpaper on your BLOG. While that might not be the same pallette you desire for your home, you definitely have a gift for combining colors!

A dear friend gave us a great tip for working with trim when painting. No need to mask and tape...simply use baby wipes...press the end of your nail firmly through the edge of a baby wipe, holding the rest of the wipe inside your hand, away from the paint...you use your nail pressed through the baby wipe to whisk away any excess paint from the edges of trim, cabinets or window frames. It works like a charm and saved us hours of masking trim with tape when we painted several rooms last year. Erin, since you're starting from scratch, you might not need this hint. Happy painting!

Erin
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Jan 31 2011 at 1:51pm | IP Logged Quote Erin

Servant

Thank you!!!

Baby wipes is a good tip, there is also a tool you can buy here called a Paint cutter. It is a little pad that has wheels at the top, making sure you don't get paint on the wheels, you can run the wheels along the underside edge of the cornices to paint your edges.

Back to Top View Erin's Profile Search for other posts by Erin Visit Erin's Homepage

Mackfam
Board Moderator
Board Moderator
Non Nobis

Posted: Jan 31 2011 at 2:10pm | IP Logged Quote Mackfam

LOVE the color, Erin! It's very tranquil, yet bright and cheery! I can imagine it will be a lovely backdrop in your home!!! I bet it makes you smile just standing back and thinking how far you've come with your house building/connecting. I'm smiling for you!!

Back to Top View Mackfam's Profile Search for other posts by Mackfam Visit Mackfam's Homepage

cathhomeschool
Board Moderator
Board Moderator
Texas Bluebonnets

Posted: Jan 31 2011 at 10:32pm | IP Logged Quote cathhomeschool

I love the color too!

I used a tool like the "paint cutter." It really helped! The baby wipe idea would be great for touch-ups too.

CrunchyMom
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Feb 01 2011 at 4:47pm | IP Logged Quote CrunchyMom

Love it!

I think one of the challenges for me is that I love color in general and there are a host of "looks" or "palettes" out there that I really like! Kudos for you in narrowing it down to one lovely color throughout. Though, that will also afford you a lot of flexibility, I'm sure, so you can be fickle about everything else without having to repaint

[URL=http://mysymphonygarden.blogspot.com/]Lost in the Cosmos[/UR
Back to Top View CrunchyMom's Profile Search for other posts by CrunchyMom

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

<< Prev Page of 2
  [Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version