Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Mothering and Family Life
 4Real Forums : Mothering and Family Life
Subject Topic: Where have you given birth? (Topic Closed Topic Closed) Post ReplyPost New Topic
Poll Question: Where have you given birth?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
38 [61.29%]
5 [8.06%]
4 [6.45%]
15 [24.19%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
This topic is closed, no new votes accepted

Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
VanessaVH
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Online Status: Offline
Posted: Nov 10 2010 at 1:16pm | IP Logged  

1st, 8 hrs of labor, then emergency C-section
2nd, C-section, tried for VBAC, but gave up when I reached 3 weeks overdue with out any labor...
3rd, Scheduled C-section
4th, D&C for baby lost between 12-16 weeks
5th will be scheduled C-Section as well

I really wanted home births, but DH wasn't comfortable, we decided to go with a midwife at the hospital the first time, which turned into a huge fiasco, he has been anti midwife ever since and even though I am convinced not all midwives are bad news, my body seems to have no interest in going into labor, so that's that.
Back to Top View VanessaVH's Profile Search for other posts by VanessaVH

wifemommy
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Nov 10 2010 at 3:23pm | IP Logged  

All 8 in the hospital but 3 different area hospitals with the same group of midwives. I have I think now officially delivered with all of the midwives in the practice...except Cindy the 1st one I ever went to....hmmm maybe we need to have another Annie
Back to Top View wifemommy's Profile Search for other posts by wifemommy

*Lindsey*
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: Nov 10 2010 at 5:49pm | IP Logged  

#1 at the hospital
#2 at the same hospital
#3 D&C for lost baby @ 15 weeks
#4&5 at the hospital
#6 at home
#7 at home

Angie Mc
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Posted: Nov 10 2010 at 6:15pm | IP Logged  

Combo

#1 at military teaching hospital...soooo many needless interventions...so much needless pain and injury to me .

#2 at our California home with 2 of the best midwives in the country! Very long and difficult birth but WOW when it was over, I was up and running with happiness

#3 at our very generous friends' home in California. We were living in rural NV and went back to CA to work with my midwives again. My easist birth .

#4 at our home in Arizona with an INCREDIBLE midwife. Tough birth but her experience was worth it's weight in gold .

Love,

Back to Top View Angie Mc's Profile Search for other posts by Angie Mc Visit Angie Mc's Homepage

Grateful in VA
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: Nov 11 2010 at 8:13am | IP Logged  

Hospital

#1 miscarried at 8 weeks

#2 at hospital in PA with family practice Dr. My water broke at home at 3 in the afternoon. I was fully dialted at midnight. I didn't deliver until 1:44. My Dr wanted so much for it not to be painful that she had given me an epidural and numbed me down below with lidocaine. I couldn't feel anything...at all. It was a very long delivery.

#3 at a hospital in VA. induction began at 8:30 am delivery at 5:30.

#4 Same VA hospital induction at 8:30 Twin A born at 9:44pm Twin B born exactly 1 hour later. Contractions stalled for a while in between. Thankfully my Dr had another baby to deliver in between or I think she would have tried to talk me into a c- section. As it turned out by the time she was done with her other patient Twin B was ready. Twin B was born facing up so Dr. insisted on an epsiotimy. I think I would have been fine without one. Healing was more painful than a normal small tear.

#6 Same VA hospital again. Induction at 9 delivery at 7:03.

The last 4 deliveries only took about 2-3 contractions of pushing.

3 of them were born with the cords wrapped around their necks. #2 actually had it wrapped around his neck once and wrapped around his body from his neck down between his legs and back up over his shoulder. That was my toughest delivery for a lot of reasons.

Awsome hubby was there supporting me for everyone.
Back to Top View Grateful in VA's Profile Search for other posts by Grateful in VA

SuzanneG
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Nov 11 2010 at 3:03pm | IP Logged  

:: 1st birth - was at my midwife's "birthing room," on the toilet! Anyone else have any "toilet babies"??     Our house was a construction zone and was very small, so I wasn't totally thrilled with giving birth there....although NOW that would not bother me in the least!

:: the other 4 births were at home, by choice, in our living room, with a midwife.....and hopefully #6 will be too!    The girls have all been at the last 2 births and seen their sisters born!

Back to Top View SuzanneG's Profile Search for other posts by SuzanneG

Sharyn
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: Nov 12 2010 at 8:06am | IP Logged  

#1   4 hours in hospital. Midwives were really supportive of my birth plan, no pain relief, trying lots of different positions, birthing ball etc. but I got scared towards the end and ended up laying on my back on the bed which I believe contributed to dd going into distress and ending up with an episiotomy and vacuum delivery by the Doctor with a lot of onlookers.

#2 15 mins in hospital! I read up big time before ds's birth, if there was any way to have a better experience I had to know about it. The midwife barely had time to put her gloves on before delivery. I lay on my left side this time, it was heaps better. Midwife was great.

#3   1 hr in hospital. This time I thought we'd better try to get in early as I didn't want to deliver on the freeway. Got into the delivery room sat on a birthing ball chatting with the midwives, contractions seemed to be all but stopped, thought I'd try get things happening again by walking about, got to the end of the bed and dd had to come out that very second so I ended up giving birth standing. This was a very important moment for me, it showed me I could be brave and do things I hadn't thought possible. Midwives delivered as the Dr. thought he could go and have dinner.

#4 4 hours in hospital. This time I actually had some time to do stuff like try out how different positions felt, walk about the hospital etc. Midwives were very supportive. Ended up with midwives delivering while I knelt on the bed.

#5 3 hours in hospital. We went to a different hospital where we thought we'd be able to bring the dc along to watch. Asked if this was ok on 5 occassions including the night I asked to come in. On arrival we found out children are not allowed to watch at night I was very unimpressed because I had put so much effort into prepping the dc. After negotiations they were allowed in my delivery room which consisted of a small lounge with an ajoining room with a delivery bed in it. The dc were allowed in the lounge but were not allowed to watch. They were upset at this but had a great time anyway. They had sleeping bags, snacks and books, it was like camping. I think it is a night they will always remember, they woke up with dd's first cries, and it seemed to form a close bond between them.
Dd was delivered by the midwife. I had planned to deliver dd myself and the midwife said I could, with her helping, but at the end I just couldn't. I delivered dd kneeling on the bed also.

And now we are expecting again, and this time we will go to the Family Birthing Centre which is right next the hospital as they allow children to watch, night or day. And I just might see if I can't deliver this one myself. I know the midwives at the FBC are really great.

Maggie
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Nov 12 2010 at 3:27pm | IP Logged  

Both in a free-standing birthing center.

Super-wonderful experiences.

Elena
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Nov 16 2010 at 9:11am | IP Logged  

1. Hospital birth with all the attendent interventions leading to C-section.
2. Hospital VBAC with nurse midwife.
3. Homebirth with lay midwife.
4. Homebirth with doctor.
5. Attempted homebirth with transfer to hospital for cord prolapse.
6. Home delivery of a baby who had passes several days earlier, and we knew in advance.
7. Scheduled C-section for medicolegal reasons.

One Day at a Time

Back to Top View Elena's Profile Search for other posts by Elena Visit Elena's Homepage

JaysFamily
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: Nov 16 2010 at 12:22pm | IP Logged  

I had a hospital birth with only needed interventions for a 27 hr labor and premature birth with cord prolapse risk, a double-nuchal cord that was compromising my son, and high BP for me. I had great doctors and nurses that managed me in such a way that we were able to avoid a C-section! Since then we've discovered that our son was a miracle baby and I have a condition that means I'm way too high risk to ever give birth with a midwife or out of a hospital. I was hoping we could go to Tennessee to birth with a midwife if we had anymore, but now I'm incredibly grateful that I can choose between a couple of great hospitals for any future children.

Jaysfamily
wife to Jay
mother to DS(5)
Back to Top View JaysFamily's Profile Search for other posts by JaysFamily

LLMom
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Nov 16 2010 at 12:38pm | IP Logged  

5 home births, 2 hospital births.

#1 hospital (didn't know about homebirth option)
#2-4 planned home births
#5 was a planned home birth but transfered due to baby being breech. Had a natural breech at hospital.
#6-7 planned home births

5 miscarriages- 1 in hospital and the rest at home

Back to Top View LLMom's Profile Search for other posts by LLMom

Sorry, you cannot post a reply to this topic.
This topic is closed.

<< Prev Page of 2
  [Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version