Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
We Pray to the Lord
 4Real Forums : We Pray to the Lord
Subject Topic: Jen's daughter in hospital Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
lambchopwife
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Online Status: Offline
Posted: Sept 29 2010 at 7:55pm | IP Logged Quote lambchopwife

Praying for you and your sweet daughter!

lapazfarm
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Sept 29 2010 at 9:50pm | IP Logged Quote lapazfarm

Praying, praying, praying!

Back to Top View lapazfarm's Profile Search for other posts by lapazfarm Visit lapazfarm's Homepage

Meredith
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Sept 29 2010 at 10:13pm | IP Logged Quote Meredith

Praying for you and your sweet Sarah Jen, and may the Blessed Mother have you all wrapped in her mantle of security and grace. Much love,

Back to Top View Meredith's Profile Search for other posts by Meredith Visit Meredith's Homepage

Christine
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Sept 29 2010 at 10:42pm | IP Logged Quote Christine

Jen, your daughter and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

Pretty Lilla Rose
Back to Top View Christine's Profile Search for other posts by Christine Visit Christine's Homepage

jdostalik
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Sept 30 2010 at 7:44am | IP Logged Quote jdostalik

We are storming heaven for your precious Sara, Jen. Hugs .

Let the Little Ones Come

Back to Top View jdostalik's Profile Search for other posts by jdostalik Visit jdostalik's Homepage

RyaneM
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: Sept 30 2010 at 8:31am | IP Logged Quote RyaneM

continued prayers...

MWeber
Forum Rookie
Forum Rookie

Posted: Sept 30 2010 at 8:52am | IP Logged Quote MWeber

I know this sounds funny, but I prayed hard for your daughter today as I walked into Costco (it may be the same one you go to since we live in the same area). My brother has epilepsy, but I still can't imagine what that was like for you. I pray fervently for a positive outcome. Thanks for keeping us posted, Jen!

Mackfam
Board Moderator
Board Moderator
Non Nobis

Posted: Sept 30 2010 at 6:39pm | IP Logged Quote Mackfam

MWeber wrote:
I know this sounds funny, but I prayed hard for your daughter today as I walked into Costco (it may be the same one you go to since we live in the same area). My brother has epilepsy, but I still can't imagine what that was like for you. I pray fervently for a positive outcome. Thanks for keeping us posted, Jen!

Thank you so much, Michele! I'm positive Costco will never be the same for us!

I wanted to take a minute to update with our one piece of good news tonight! We saw a cardiologist this morning who repeated an EKG as well as an ultrasound of Sarah's heart - all is well there! We're so grateful to God that Sarah doesn't have Long QT Syndrome as this was a concern from the ER EKG. Long QT would have been exponentially more dire to deal with than seizures! So...that's one less thing to have to worry about. Neuro checks are next!

Sarah continues to have some dizziness and "off" feelings, but has improved since last Friday. God has been merciful and the gift of time has allowed us some space from the scary events of last Friday and offered us more perspective and some peace that wherever we are, whatever He asks of us, we are under His care! It is such a consolation to know how much He loves my Sarah, and my own peace has come flooding back just trusting in this!

Sarah and I were able to have a wonderful conversation this morning and she said that she was really unhappy about the cautions and restrictions placed on her after the seizure, and nervous about future seizures, but she felt God was offering her an opportunity to suffer for Him and on behalf of others by offering back to Our Lord these gifts of some of her freedoms. How did I end up with such an amazing young woman for a daughter?

I've been thinking lately of St. Peter walking on the water with Our Lord and how I sometimes feel like He asks me to step out in faith onto the water (when I'd so much rather stay in the boat...with my head down...and let someone else go out there!). It is frightening to think of the reality of it, the impossibility of it, but that doesn't keep me afloat and keep me from drowning - EYES ON HIM and FAITH AND TRUST IN HIM keeps me focused and at peace. So...with eyes on Him and our faith in Him, we're moving forward with the gift of His peace. Deo gratias.

I'll update more when we know more. For now, thank you dear friends for the amazing gift of your prayers!     

Back to Top View Mackfam's Profile Search for other posts by Mackfam Visit Mackfam's Homepage

Meredith
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Sept 30 2010 at 6:50pm | IP Logged Quote Meredith

This such wonderful news Jen, prayers continue fervently! Our God IS an swesome God and Sarah is a true Saint in the making

Many blessings and love,

Back to Top View Meredith's Profile Search for other posts by Meredith Visit Meredith's Homepage

MWeber
Forum Rookie
Forum Rookie

Posted: Sept 30 2010 at 7:11pm | IP Logged Quote MWeber

Meredith wrote:
This such wonderful news Jen, prayers continue fervently! Our God IS an swesome God and Sarah is a true Saint in the making

Many blessings and love,

In absolute total agreement! Knowing that it's possible for teens to have such faith and understanding of the redemptive power of suffering gives me much hope when it comes to my own (much younger) children. Beautiful.

MaryM
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Posted: Sept 30 2010 at 7:11pm | IP Logged Quote MaryM

Mackfam wrote:
How did I end up with such an amazing young woman for a daughter?   

Well, that question is not hard to answer...she has a wonderful role model of faithful womanhood to follow.

I'm happy the those test came back with good news. Praying for a clean bill of health for Sarah as the testing continues.

Our Domestic Church
Back to Top View MaryM's Profile Search for other posts by MaryM Visit MaryM's Homepage

guitarnan
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Sept 30 2010 at 8:08pm | IP Logged Quote guitarnan

Jen, your Sarah is going to rock the world...her faith is amazing. (And Mary's right...you know the old saying...The apple doesn't fall far from the tree...)

Praying with hope and joy for Sarah and for your entire family...

"Be not afraid!" (Pope John Paul II)

lapazfarm
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Sept 30 2010 at 8:28pm | IP Logged Quote lapazfarm

guitarnan wrote:
Jen, your Sarah is going to rock the world...her faith is amazing. (And Mary's right...you know the old saying...The apple doesn't fall far from the tree...)

Praying with hope and joy for Sarah and for your entire family...

"Be not afraid!" (Pope John Paul II)

Totally agreeing here!
The way you describe your dear girl, she reminds me so much of St Therese, with her amazing ability to offer up her sufferings for the benefit of others.

Back to Top View lapazfarm's Profile Search for other posts by lapazfarm Visit lapazfarm's Homepage

SeaStar
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Sept 30 2010 at 8:35pm | IP Logged Quote SeaStar

Wonderful news and wonderful attitude!

SQUILT Music Appreciation
Back to Top View SeaStar's Profile Search for other posts by SeaStar

Grace&Chaos
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Sept 30 2010 at 8:44pm | IP Logged Quote Grace&Chaos

Still praying for your family! Your Sarah sounds so precious We will be thinkning of her tomorrow during our St. Therese tea.

Grace in Loving Chaos
Back to Top View Grace&Chaos's Profile Search for other posts by Grace&Chaos Visit Grace&Chaos's Homepage

Servant2theKing
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Sept 30 2010 at 9:48pm | IP Logged Quote Servant2theKing

Praying for your dear Sarah, Jen. May God continue to bless you both with abundant grace and peace.

stefoodie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Sept 30 2010 at 10:46pm | IP Logged Quote stefoodie

You have a beautiful soul there, Jen, so precious. We will keep on praying for her and all of you.

mom to five
Back to Top View stefoodie's Profile Search for other posts by stefoodie Visit stefoodie's Homepage

Erica Sanchez
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Oct 01 2010 at 12:51am | IP Logged Quote Erica Sanchez

Praying for you both, Jen. Happy to read that little bit of good news regarding Sarah's heart.

Back to Top View Erica Sanchez's Profile Search for other posts by Erica Sanchez

Mary's daughter
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: Oct 01 2010 at 10:26am | IP Logged Quote Mary's daughter

Your faith (and Sarah's) continue to inspire me.

Stephanie
Back to Top View Mary's daughter's Profile Search for other posts by Mary's daughter

JenPre
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: Oct 01 2010 at 2:21pm | IP Logged Quote JenPre

I'm so glad you were able to update Jen. Reading it made me cry! Sarah sounds like such a special young lady! She is a testament to you and your husband. I continue to pray for you all on a daily basis and extra special prayers on today's feast of St. Therese!

<< Prev Page of 5 Next >>
  [Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version