Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Tea and Conversation
 4Real Forums : Tea and Conversation
Subject Topic: Speaking of birthdays......... Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
Chari
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Online Status: Offline
Posted: March 19 2006 at 12:01am | IP Logged Quote Chari

Lavenderfields wrote:
Well, it seems I am the oldest, my bd is 9/11/58.

yep, you are REALLY old   

OH, and congratulations on your NINTH post!

Kathryn UK
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: March 19 2006 at 3:22am | IP Logged Quote Kathryn UK

LisaD wrote:
My birthday is 10-16-65. My second ds was born 10-15-03, and is named after my late cousin who had the same birthday.

I share a birthday with your ds, Lisa - I was born on 15th October 1960.

[Off topic query: Why do Americans write dates with the month first (10-16-05) and the British - and Aussies, I think - write them with the day first (16-10-05). It muddles my brain!!!]

Back to Top View Kathryn UK's Profile Search for other posts by Kathryn UK

Kathryn UK
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: March 19 2006 at 3:33am | IP Logged Quote Kathryn UK

Rebecca wrote:
Mine is 3-15-70. There's a few of us in March...Happy Birthday Jenn and Courtney!

You share a birthday with my eldest daughter, Rebecca. She was born on 15th March 1995. Happy belated birthday to you, Jenn and Courtney . Dh is a bit later in March (29th), and my 7yo is August 13th. I was so convinced she would be born on the Feast of the Assumption as we already have two birthdays on the 15th in the family, but she beat it by two days. Our new little one is due June 21st, which will spread the birthdays quite nicely.

How is this for a coincidence ... dh and I married on August 25th 1992. His father had died a few years earlier and his mother died when he was only six, so dh had no idea when their wedding anniversary was. A few years later we were going through various old family documents and found his parents' marriage certificate. They married on August 25th 1952. Our wedding day would have been their 40th wedding anniversary. Isn't that lovely?

Back to Top View Kathryn UK's Profile Search for other posts by Kathryn UK

Mary G
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: March 19 2006 at 8:21am | IP Logged Quote Mary G

Once I figured out things -- I always wondered why more people didn't have a bday in September (mine is exactly 9 months after Christmas )

my website that combines my schooling, hand-knits work, writing and everything else in one spot!
Back to Top View Mary G's Profile Search for other posts by Mary G Visit Mary G's Homepage

marihalojen
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: March 19 2006 at 9:58am | IP Logged Quote marihalojen

Noreen,

I'll grab that youngest slot for now, my birthday is March 19, 1978, today! To celebrate I had Espresso
Chip ice cream for breakfast, yum

Happy birthday, Courtney!

SSR = Sailing, Snorkling, Reading
Back to Top View marihalojen's Profile Search for other posts by marihalojen Visit marihalojen's Homepage

Courtney
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: March 19 2006 at 10:02am | IP Logged Quote Courtney

I had coffee in bed and chocolate! Happy Birthday, Jennifer!

Back to Top View Courtney's Profile Search for other posts by Courtney

Mary Chris
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: March 19 2006 at 1:00pm | IP Logged Quote Mary Chris

My b-day is 10-2-67. My husband is 1-15-67, he was born on the day of the first Super Bowl.
I have two March babies, ds is the 10th, same day as his great grandmother and dd is the 25th. Our other ds is Dec 5.

SuzC
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: March 19 2006 at 2:58pm | IP Logged Quote SuzC

My birthday is 3-12-72 and my sister's is 3-13-67.

I have had to listen to her tell the story over..and over... about how I "ruined" her kite-flying birthday party at the park. My mom was in the hospital, so my dad had to recruit a neighbor to help host the party. I guess that's traumatic to a 5 year old who's simultaneously being dethroned by a baby sister.

It's taken awhile, but I think she's forgiven me.

Cay Gibson
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: March 19 2006 at 5:22pm | IP Logged Quote Cay Gibson

Kathryn UK wrote:
[QUOTE=Rebecca] ... dh and I married on August 25th 1992.

Very sweet story, Kathryn.
I always planned to marry on August 25th because that's the day Laura Ingalls married Almanzo Wilder. Was I obsessed or what!?

I don't know how we ended up with May 10th.   

Oh, yes, I do. The closest Saturday I could get to August 25th was August 16, 1986 (we were aiming for after my college graduation). Then the plans began to get hectic and everyone was having their own input. We were engaged a whole year so that's one thing difficulty with long engagements.

So we momentarily thought of eloping in February '86. We ended up moving the date up a bit to May and got properly married in church.

I turned 20 in April, married in May, graduated from college in July.

mom to 5
Cajun Cottage Under the Oaks
Back to Top View Cay Gibson's Profile Search for other posts by Cay Gibson Visit Cay Gibson's Homepage

Courtney
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: March 19 2006 at 6:05pm | IP Logged Quote Courtney

Today is also mine and dh's 12th anniversary!

Back to Top View Courtney's Profile Search for other posts by Courtney

Diane
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: March 19 2006 at 6:48pm | IP Logged Quote Diane

The Holy Family has been very good to me.....

My dh's parents were married Feb 11, Our Lady of Lourdes, and dh was born Aug 22, Queenship of Mary (not the same year!).

My dear mother was born May 24, Our Lady, Help of Christians, and she passed from this life May 13, Our Lady of Fatima.

Dh and I fell in love at the University of Our Lady (Notre Dame), and we were married Aug 5, Dedication of St Mary Major Basilica in Rome.

My middle name is Marie, and my dear mil's name is Mary Ann, after our Blessed Mother and her mother.

I have two daughters who were born in China. The first was adopted Mar 19, St Joseph, Husband of Mary, and the second was born May 1, St Joseph the Worker. (An interesting side note, which has absolutely nothing to do with this topic, but which I love nonetheless, is that our street was named after two Belgian brothers who became priests and missionaries to China!)

My bday doesn't fit---Aug 28, 1966 (another member of the Turning 40 Club )---the feast of St Augustine of Hippo, which is probably why my soul is never at rest. It's also probably how I ended up in Belgium, since St A is the patron saint of brewers! A different Belgian beer for every day of the year...

While I'm on a roll, I should mention that one of my grandfathers was born on All Saints' Day, and the other was born on April Fools Day. The one born Nov 1 really was a living saint in my life. May God rest both of their souls.

Honestly, none of this was planned, except by the Holy Spirit, of course...thanks for indulging me!

The Journey of a Mother's Heart
Back to Top View Diane's Profile Search for other posts by Diane Visit Diane's Homepage

Rachel May
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: March 19 2006 at 8:18pm | IP Logged Quote Rachel May

I'm April 6th, 1973 which is only fun because it was the day after my dad's 40th b'day. He had said he didn't want kids after he turned 40, but I ruined that. There were 2 more after, one 2 years later and one 16 years after that one!

Dh and I got married on the Feast of St. Lawrence who was my confirmation saint.

The boys are the day before tax day, Maria was 01-01-01 (That'll satisfy Brits and Americans, Kathryn! ), Charles is the Feast of Our Lady of the Rosary, and Cecilia (Anne) was on the Feast of St. Ann.

I'm due on the 20th of April. If this one is a girl, we expect her to come on the Feast of St. George since her name will be Georgia.

Rebecca
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: March 19 2006 at 8:40pm | IP Logged Quote Rebecca

marihalojen wrote:
Noreen,

I'll grab that youngest slot for now, my birthday is March 19, 1978, today! To celebrate I had Espresso
Chip ice cream for breakfast, yum Happy birthday, Courtney!

Happy birthday to you! The ice cream sounds really delicious!
Back to Top View Rebecca's Profile Search for other posts by Rebecca

Rebecca
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: March 19 2006 at 8:41pm | IP Logged Quote Rebecca

Kathryn UK wrote:
Rebecca wrote:
Mine is 3-15-70. There's a few of us in March...Happy Birthday Jenn and Courtney!

You share a birthday with my eldest daughter, Rebecca. She was born on 15th March 1995. Happy belated birthday to you, Jenn and Courtney .

Thank you Kathryn! (And happy belated birthday to your dd!)
Back to Top View Rebecca's Profile Search for other posts by Rebecca

saintanneshs
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: March 19 2006 at 8:54pm | IP Logged Quote saintanneshs

Did I miss something or am I the only November baby? Born on the feast of All Souls Day in 1974. Funny, but I'm 2 Nov. and have children who are 2 Dec, 22 of Nov, and 22 of June...lots of 2s!!

My littlest guy was almost born 01/02/03!!

Happy Un-Birthday to everyone but the birthday girls!

Erica Sanchez
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: March 20 2006 at 9:00am | IP Logged Quote Erica Sanchez

me - May 23, 1967
dh - August 1969 - two years younger
oldest daughter in September
1 daughter at the end of February and 3 in March - we've been in birthday mode for weeks now!
this baby due early April...hoping he/she doesn't come early so we can break the March pattern!

Back to Top View Erica Sanchez's Profile Search for other posts by Erica Sanchez

MaryM
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Posted: March 20 2006 at 10:03am | IP Logged Quote MaryM

saintanneshs wrote:
My littlest guy was almost born 01/02/03!!

I love birthday numbers like that - my mom's is 11/22/33!

Our Domestic Church
Back to Top View MaryM's Profile Search for other posts by MaryM Visit MaryM's Homepage

Mary G
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: March 20 2006 at 10:21am | IP Logged Quote Mary G

My youngest daughter just missed the leap day of the millenium -- I went into labor on 2/29/2000, but she decided not to surface until 03/01/2000 at around 9:30 a.m.

my website that combines my schooling, hand-knits work, writing and everything else in one spot!
Back to Top View Mary G's Profile Search for other posts by Mary G Visit Mary G's Homepage

chrisv664
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: March 20 2006 at 12:27pm | IP Logged Quote chrisv664

Here is my birthday story. My mom and I shared the same birthday, June 16. When she passed away in 1988, I had a difficult time celebrating my birthday alone, although I did begin a personal tradition of going to Mass on this day every year to thank God for her life and my own. Anyway, at the end of 1989, I found out we were expecting our 2nd baby and she would be due on June 4. I was carrying late and somewhere around the 12th my Dad looked at me and said "I think you are going to share your birthday again!" with a wink. Like clockwork, I went into labor around 2 in the afternoon on the 16th! But as she has proven to us many times since, this little one was a real trickster, and decided to be born at 1AM on the 17th! The 17th was Fathers' Day that year, and the irony is, that in 1964 when I was born, Fathers' Day was on the 16th! So, even though our birthdays are one day apart, we still share our celebration, and every few years, Dad gets is name on the cake as well!

Burning The Candle At Both Ends
Back to Top View chrisv664's Profile Search for other posts by chrisv664 Visit chrisv664's Homepage

Chari
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: March 20 2006 at 1:02pm | IP Logged Quote Chari

That's sweet, Chris!!

I am sorry you lost your mother, it sounds like both of your parents are a blessing to you!!

<< Prev Page of 4 Next >>
  [Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version