Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
We Pray to the Lord
 4Real Forums : We Pray to the Lord
Subject Topic: A sad update... Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
Chari
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Online Status: Offline
Posted: Sept 16 2010 at 10:23pm | IP Logged Quote Chari

you women are so beautiful

Vanna, praying for you, dear.

ladycarobe
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: Sept 17 2010 at 12:56am | IP Logged Quote ladycarobe

Vanna, I'm praying for you.

And please go to see a good doctor for your weight gain and hair loss.

mom to dd6 , dd4 and dd2 and pregnant.
Back to Top View ladycarobe's Profile Search for other posts by ladycarobe

Chris V
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Sept 17 2010 at 1:56am | IP Logged Quote Chris V

Chari wrote:
you women are so beautiful

My goodness, yes, Chari. To be prayed for, by the women here, is something that one can feel down deep in their bones. This community of support is a treasure. A treasure.

Dearest Vanna, I am praying for you, along with all the other beautiful women here.

Back to Top View Chris V's Profile Search for other posts by Chris V

amarytbc
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: Sept 18 2010 at 2:44pm | IP Logged Quote amarytbc

I read something the other day that has been extremely consoling to me. If you know the life of St. Clare, you're aware that she suffered great physical pain the last years of her life. She was bed ridden for many years and while they didn't know why at the time, they now know the source of her ailments. She had advanced osteoarthritis and organ damage from her extreme fasting. St. Francis told her not to fast so much and insisted she eat more. The bishop did too. The pope directly told her that half a roll a few times a week was not enough and that she needed to eat more. She consistently argued and debated until they relented a little, but always they insisted she eat more foods.

Despite the fact that she trusted her own judgment over that of St. Francis, a pope and her confessor....despite her having done something that made her far less productive in an outward way....she still was declared a saint. God forgave her for going off and doing her own thing and accepted her charity, devotion and personal sacrifice and sufferings instead. I have so regretted things I've done in my life that I can see have damaged my health (including not consistently exercising, not eating right, etc.) or my personal/family life that reading this bit of information from a well documented book on her life has given me great hope.
Back to Top View amarytbc's Profile Search for other posts by amarytbc

Vanna
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: Sept 22 2010 at 11:47am | IP Logged Quote Vanna

Thank you all so much. It feels good to share this. I have kept this inside for almost a year and it was suffocating me.

I have had all the blood work done that can be done and they can find no reason for the hairloss and weight gain. I suspect the stress and depression I have been feeling could be the cause.

Thank you for the prayers and suggestions. I am going to look into all of them. Thank you.

JaysFamily
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: Sept 22 2010 at 4:05pm | IP Logged Quote JaysFamily

Prayers, Vanna! Please do follow up with a OMS or PPVI Institute! We've all made bad decisions before. We avoided pregnancy without prayer for 15 months after our premature son was born and have been infertile with many other health problems since then, so I've been there, done that with the worry, guilt, and blame, too.

Jaysfamily
wife to Jay
mother to DS(5)
Back to Top View JaysFamily's Profile Search for other posts by JaysFamily

shineblue
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: Sept 22 2010 at 11:37pm | IP Logged Quote shineblue

Vanna, praying for that peace that only our dear Lord can give.

Marcia
Back to Top View shineblue's Profile Search for other posts by shineblue

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

<< Prev Page of 2
  [Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version