Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Tea and Conversation
 4Real Forums : Tea and Conversation
Subject Topic: In Praise of Husbands Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
guitarnan
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Online Status: Offline
Posted: March 17 2006 at 5:14pm | IP Logged Quote guitarnan

Erin, Jenn and Diane,

How wonderful to read your posts!! Your happiness just shines through.

I can so, so relate to Elizabeth's situation, as most of you know (except I'm not pregnant ), as my husband is on call all the time, everywhere. He tries not to bring his work stress home and worries so about his sailors and their families.

Husbands certainly get short shrift from the mainstream media these days. Just like St. Joseph, the good husbands work so hard, lead their families and stand modestly in the background...

My husband is my biggest fan, whether I'm planning a homeschooling activity or working on a magazine article. He tries so hard to give me the time I need to get these things done (and I'm a perfectionist, so it takes a LONG time ) and then gives me great suggestions and lots of encouragement. Right before my last deadline he got a friend of ours in another state to convert a bunch of photo files for me so I could submit them on time...it took hours...he's really devoted to all of us. When it comes to homeschooling, he's very involved (given that he's seldom home) and he's really trying to help me plan a good 9th grade curriculum for next fall.

How blessed I am! My husband, too, would love to work at home, so perhaps one day we'll realize that dream. Of course, he also wants to move to Italy and grow grapes and open an agriturismo and give tours to Americans...

...but without dreams, this world would be pretty dull and empty, right?

Great thread, as always, Jenn. Our husbands put up with a lot on the job and then come home to...whatever they come home to... at least today I tidied up the living room so we don't have to sit on doll clothes. Just don't ask to see the rest of the house.

saintanneshs
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Online Status: Offline
Posted: March 20 2006 at 4:17pm | IP Logged Quote saintanneshs

Well I'm as late on this thread as every other one, so why let that stop me now?

Jenn, thanks for the reminder about the love of a husband. How sweet of yours to think to send you flowers in the midst of personal suffering! It's times like those that remind us how we got one of the "good ones"...

Here on the farm, my dh has literally NO commute, NO travel and NO unbearable bosses, well, sometimes my in-laws...nah, won't go there (just kidding)! But he works long hours, can never leave his job and now he's got my dad working for him (so the in-law jokes go both ways )

...and there's always those unpredictable animals!
Shame on me for always taking him for granted!!

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

<< Prev Page of 2
  [Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version