Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Tea and Conversation
 4Real Forums : Tea and Conversation
Subject Topic: It's a Girl! and Tandem Nursing Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
momtomany
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Online Status: Offline
Posted: March 13 2006 at 8:06am | IP Logged Quote momtomany

Congratulations, Cheryl!

I just wanted to say that the "squirmy" feeling is very normal. Most mothers who tandem nurse have it. I did a talk on Nursing Sibs who aren't Twins at a LLL conference once and this was the most common problem mentioned.

The consensus was that it was challenging for mom, but the sibling relationships that grew from TN were worth it.

MEBarrett
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: March 13 2006 at 10:36am | IP Logged Quote MEBarrett

Congratulations on your new wee one!

Tales from the Bonny Blue House
O Night Divine
Back to Top View MEBarrett's Profile Search for other posts by MEBarrett Visit MEBarrett's Homepage

Cheryl
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: March 13 2006 at 11:23am | IP Logged Quote Cheryl

Things are going OK with the nursing. One night the girls slept in my bed, the boys were in their room and my poor dh slept in my dd 3's bed. He liked it though. He said she has the best mattress in the house and no one jumped on him in the morning because they didn't know where he was. I'm nursing my dd 3 to bed and asking her to wait until the morning to nurse again and she seems OK with it.

I feel Ok when I'm sitting, but walking around is exhausting. My dh is doing everything! (except nursing and changing diapers at night) I am trying to eat a lot and I hope I get stronger before he goes back to work in a week. Thanks for all your good wishes.

Back to Top View Cheryl's Profile Search for other posts by Cheryl Visit Cheryl's Homepage

abcmommy
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: March 13 2006 at 12:22pm | IP Logged Quote abcmommy

Congrats on the birth of your daughter!

I tandem nursed my 3 yo and my newborn about 5.5 yrs ago and remember it as a lovely special time. I really enjoyed tandem nursing and found it helped with my OVER supply issue as well as eased the transition for my older son.

3 units is a pretty big transfusion. Take care to drink a lot of water and just keep on resting til you feel stronger! The rest is the best thing for your nursing relationship anyway! Think of it as a babymoon.

Back to Top View abcmommy's Profile Search for other posts by abcmommy

jdostalik
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: March 14 2006 at 3:54pm | IP Logged Quote jdostalik

Cheryl,

Congratulations on the birth of your beautiful baby girl!!

I just wanted to encourage you as far as TN goes. I have been TN continuously since my second dd was born in 1997.

I have to say that having a "living breast pump" has its advantages! I haven't had a bad engorgment problem since my oldest nurser is always happy to oblige and help Mommy out!

Yes, at times it is hard to manage but I RARELY nurse them both at the same time (talk about overstimulation!!) and often just let the older nurse for a few minutes unless its bedtime/naptime. My oldest usually weans around age 4 when I have usually gotten pregnant. The "baby" at that age is usually 18 mos-2 years and they have always just continued to nurse through my pregnancy and then graduate to being the "older" nurser...It's worked this way for 4 pregnancies.

Be gentle with yourself and get lots of rest. You are doing a great job!!

Oh, I don't think it was mentioned previously...there is a book on tandem nursing put out by LLL. It is called Mothering Your Nursing Toddler

This book helped me to feel more at ease with TD when I was first starting out...

Let the Little Ones Come

Back to Top View jdostalik's Profile Search for other posts by jdostalik Visit jdostalik's Homepage

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

<< Prev Page of 2
  [Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version