Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Mothering and Family Life
 4Real Forums : Mothering and Family Life
Subject Topic: Spotting - quick update in original post Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
Elena
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Online Status: Offline
Posted: April 21 2010 at 6:31pm | IP Logged Quote Elena

The typical age for menopause is around 51/52. Some gals go sooner, and some later but 43 is young for menopause although you might have some peri-menopausal symptoms. But of course your doctor can sort all of that out with blood work.

Two of my children are 15 months apart. I am 17 months older than my sister. Siblings that close are usually great playmates and can be lifelong friends - so it might really have a plus side if you are indeed pregnant.

One Day at a Time

Back to Top View Elena's Profile Search for other posts by Elena Visit Elena's Homepage

MicheleQ
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: April 22 2010 at 11:28am | IP Logged Quote MicheleQ

Elena wrote:
The typical age for menopause is around 51/52. Some gals go sooner, and some later but 43 is young for menopause although you might have some peri-menopausal symptoms. But of course your doctor can sort all of that out with blood work.

Two of my children are 15 months apart. I am 17 months older than my sister. Siblings that close are usually great playmates and can be lifelong friends - so it might really have a plus side if you are indeed pregnant.

I agree --but my mom went through terrible pre-menopause stuff for 10 years before actual menopause so I am hoping I don't go through the same thing.

My oldest 2 children are 1 year, 1 week and 1 day apart. They were the best of buddies growing up and if I had a dollar for everyone who asked if they were twins I would be rich! Well, I am rich in love but I'd be able to pay for college too!

Still praying for you Erica!

Back to Top View MicheleQ's Profile Search for other posts by MicheleQ Visit MicheleQ's Homepage

4 lads mom
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: April 22 2010 at 1:23pm | IP Logged Quote 4 lads mom

Anxious to hear how it is all going, Erica! I am praying for you....ditto everything that these wise women have said....keep us updated, okay?? Many

Elena
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: April 22 2010 at 1:33pm | IP Logged Quote Elena

Incidentally, a very good book about menopause and the pre-menopausal years is this book by Dr. susan Love. Her book on Breast Cancer is also very informative.

One Day at a Time

Back to Top View Elena's Profile Search for other posts by Elena Visit Elena's Homepage

Erica Sanchez
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: April 22 2010 at 10:24pm | IP Logged Quote Erica Sanchez

I was able to see a doctor yesterday. She is one of two Catholic pro-life physicians here in San Diego from The Pope Paul VI Institute trained in the Creighton Model FertilityCare System and NaProTECHNOLOGY. We are very blessed to have them here in San Diego!

Anyway, another test confirmed that I was pregnant. She could not find a baby or even a sac on the ultrasound and my dates are so iffy that she'll rely on the bloodwork to determine the state of things. Her one concern was that if there is indeed a baby, he/she could be growing outside of the uterus. I assume this means it would be an ectopic pregnancy. That scared me a bit. I hope to receive word about the blood levels tomorrow and will come back and post right away.

I just read quickly the thread about having babies in the mid to upper forties and I'm wondering what God has in mind for us! I will be 43 next month and I thought things might start winding down. Elena - menopause beginning at 51/52 - oh my goodness!

These will be our closest babies yet! If I wasn't so.....I would say stressed, but that's just not really accurate.....maybe stretched is a better word......if I didn't feel so stretched in all areas of my life I know the peace would come faster. Sometimes it comes on delivery day. :) Petey is 8 months, Max is 2.5 and Luke turned 4 last week.

I will come and post the minute I hear any news.

Love you,

Back to Top View Erica Sanchez's Profile Search for other posts by Erica Sanchez

MaryM
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Posted: April 22 2010 at 10:28pm | IP Logged Quote MaryM

You are in our prayers, Erica.

Our Domestic Church
Back to Top View MaryM's Profile Search for other posts by MaryM Visit MaryM's Homepage

Erica Sanchez
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: April 23 2010 at 10:12pm | IP Logged Quote Erica Sanchez

Quick update:

My blood work indicated I should be 5-6 weeks.

My progesterone level is 9. It should be about 25.

I went in this afternoon for a shot and quick exam.

I've had a bit of pain (nothing too dramatic) on my right side today and it was quite tender when the doctor examined me. There is a slight concern that it could be an ectopic pregnancy. I don't expect this to be the case, but if I have an increase in pain I need to go to the emergency room.

Otherwise, I will go for another ultrasound in two weeks. :)

I feel more peaceful today. I am trying to pray and to remember that God is in control.

Thank you! Your words give me much comfort.

Back to Top View Erica Sanchez's Profile Search for other posts by Erica Sanchez

Bridget
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: April 24 2010 at 5:43am | IP Logged Quote Bridget

Ach. I have been on that roller coaster. Praying for you and the babe Erica.

Back to Top View Bridget's Profile Search for other posts by Bridget Visit Bridget's Homepage

St. Ann
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: April 24 2010 at 7:47am | IP Logged Quote St. Ann

Praying for you, Erica!

Wife and mother to Hannah '96, Maria '99, Dorothea '01, Helena '03
Back to Top View St. Ann's Profile Search for other posts by St. Ann Visit St. Ann's Homepage

hylabrook1
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: April 24 2010 at 9:41am | IP Logged Quote hylabrook1

Praying, Erica. This time of waiting is hard. May you be continue to be peaceful.

Peace,
Nancy

Back to Top View hylabrook1's Profile Search for other posts by hylabrook1

Lisbet
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: April 24 2010 at 11:42am | IP Logged Quote Lisbet

Continued prayers Erica. It's crazy, but all of my pregnancies in my 30's have been a roller coaster - 3 with subchorionic bleeds that have caused either a loss or a lot of bleeding. I will keep you in prayer.

Most of my children are less than 18 months apart - it does stretch you, in good ways too though!!    Keep us posted.

Abby, 15
Gabe, 13
Isaac, 11
Mary, 10
Sam, 9
Henry, 7
Molly, 6
Mark, 5
Greta, 3
Cecilia born 10.29.10
Josephine born 6.11.12
Back to Top View Lisbet's Profile Search for other posts by Lisbet

DominaCaeli
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: April 24 2010 at 3:14pm | IP Logged Quote DominaCaeli

Continued prayers, Erica!

Mommy to six: three boys (8, 4, newborn) and four girls (7, 5, 2, and 1)
Back to Top View DominaCaeli's Profile Search for other posts by DominaCaeli

cathhomeschool
Board Moderator
Board Moderator
Texas Bluebonnets

Posted: April 26 2010 at 8:08am | IP Logged Quote cathhomeschool

Wow, Erica! I understand the stress of the unknown and also being stretched. Waiting is hard and I'm soo glad that you feel more peace. I have been and will continue praying for you!   

Chari
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: April 26 2010 at 11:09am | IP Logged Quote Chari

HUGS, my friend!!! I am not sure how I missed any of this....but you are always in my prayers....and doubly so now!

I am so happy to see your name show up around here....I have missed you! Come camping! We are trying to figure a way to come down and visit all of you in SD! Maybe end of summer...fall???

DO keep us updated....we are worried little "aunts"

Chari
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: April 26 2010 at 11:11am | IP Logged Quote Chari

I forgot to say: Love to all of your children...and, move to Mt Shasta...skiing is waaaay cheaper.

Or, come visit us: FREE room and board...and a short ride to the ski park and most reasonable slpoes and prices for beginners.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

<< Prev Page of 2
  [Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version