Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Mothering and Family Life
 4Real Forums : Mothering and Family Life
Subject Topic: It's almost swimsuit season... Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
guitarnan
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Online Status: Offline
Posted: April 14 2010 at 6:40pm | IP Logged Quote guitarnan

It's super-cute! (And my dd loves the swimsuit on the home page...wish we'd seen it before we bought her new one last week...)

SeaStar
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: April 20 2010 at 8:14pm | IP Logged Quote SeaStar

I know everyone will happy to know I solved my swimsuit dilemma

I would up buying this Shapewear Swim Skirt from Lands End. The skirt is 15.5 inches long, and since I am short, it comes to just a couple of inches above my knees. I waited for a 25% off sale and got free shipping. I think it does a nice cover up job.

But, I have to tell you, it ought to be called Squeeze Wear because it is supposed to "shape" (ie, make you look skinnier), and it does hold you all in.

I bought two tops from Overstocks for about $6.99 each, and then a rash guard top to wear over it all. Looks pretty good- pretty normal and like I will blend in at the pool but still be covered up. I took to heart the advice someone wrote in the dresses only thread about how a woman wearing a well-fitting, modest suit at the pool will draw very little attention to herself.

Thanks to everyone for all the suggestions!

SQUILT Music Appreciation
Back to Top View SeaStar's Profile Search for other posts by SeaStar

Lisbet
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: April 21 2010 at 6:21am | IP Logged Quote Lisbet

For the pregnant ladies, I wanted to share. I just purchased this swimsuit off of ebay. The seller is from Korea, but offers free shipping. I have not gotten it yet, but it looks very modest and easy to wear. I like that it is two piece so I can still nurse Greta-boo. I also think it would look great with some black yoga capris underneath for running around poolside. I'll update when I receive it.

Abby, 15
Gabe, 13
Isaac, 11
Mary, 10
Sam, 9
Henry, 7
Molly, 6
Mark, 5
Greta, 3
Cecilia born 10.29.10
Josephine born 6.11.12
Back to Top View Lisbet's Profile Search for other posts by Lisbet

SeaStar
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: April 21 2010 at 11:40am | IP Logged Quote SeaStar

Lisbet wrote:
For the pregnant ladies, I wanted to share. I just purchased this swimsuit off of ebay. The seller is from Korea, but offers free shipping. I have not gotten it yet, but it looks very modest and easy to wear. I like that it is two piece so I can still nurse Greta-boo. I also think it would look great with some black yoga capris underneath for running around poolside. I'll update when I receive it.

Good find! Very cute... and love the price

SQUILT Music Appreciation
Back to Top View SeaStar's Profile Search for other posts by SeaStar

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

<< Prev Page of 2
  [Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version