Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
We Pray to the Lord
 4Real Forums : We Pray to the Lord
Subject Topic: For discernment Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
Servant2theKing
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Online Status: Offline
Posted: March 24 2010 at 12:24pm | IP Logged Quote Servant2theKing

Dear Amy, What a difficult situation. I don't know if this helps, but we were in a very similar situation before my mother passed away. Her reasons for needing to move in with us were health-related, rather than financial, but it would have entailed a dramatic change in our family life. Her health took a turn for the worse and we were going to bring her to our home on an emergent basis (before we were able to prepare her own living space in our basement) but she passed away the very day we would have brought her to our home. While I was deeply grieved over her passing, and still am, I realized that God had mercifully taken matters out of our hands, and hers, sparing our family from circumstances that would have drastically altered our family life and homeschooling.

I'm sharing this with you with the hope and prayer that someone else's experience might help you and your dh examine some of the deeper aspects of bringing two households together. You've mentioned in an earlier post how your parents' lifestyle and priorities have been quite different from your own. How would that impact your family if they moved in with you? Would their money-spending habits or TV choices be a problem for your family, especially your children? Based on what you've already shared, and on other wisdom shared by the dear ladies here, perhaps you and your family are being called to help your parents more through spiritual and corporal works of mercy such praying for them, visiting them or running errands for them. Perhaps rescuing them from the consequences of their own poor choices with money would be enabling them and only put your own family at risk. Praying for wisdom and discernment for you and your dh to truly know and follow God's perfect and holy Will.

Angie Mc
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Posted: March 24 2010 at 2:22pm | IP Logged Quote Angie Mc

I'm praying for you, Amy, and am confident that God will bless you for your desire to do right. Here's a topic that might help you while you discern, Honoring Father and Mother.

Love,

Back to Top View Angie Mc's Profile Search for other posts by Angie Mc Visit Angie Mc's Homepage

amyable
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Aug 18 2010 at 2:36pm | IP Logged Quote amyable

Just selfishly bumping this up, because while I thought things were getting better because my dad found some work, things have actually hit bottom and we either need to help in a big way or walk away. Please pray for more discernment for dh and I, and that this doesn't hurt our relationship? THANK YOU ALL.

Back to Top View amyable's Profile Search for other posts by amyable

Servant2theKing
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Aug 18 2010 at 3:01pm | IP Logged Quote Servant2theKing

Still praying for God's grace, wisdom and guidance for you and your dh. Such situations are always challenging. May our Lord hold you close to His Sacred Heart.

SuzanneG
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Aug 18 2010 at 5:22pm | IP Logged Quote SuzanneG

Praying, Amy......

Back to Top View SuzanneG's Profile Search for other posts by SuzanneG

anitamarie
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Aug 18 2010 at 5:51pm | IP Logged Quote anitamarie

Praying for you Amy.

Anita
Back to Top View anitamarie's Profile Search for other posts by anitamarie

DominaCaeli
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Aug 18 2010 at 6:05pm | IP Logged Quote DominaCaeli

Oh, Amy--absolutely praying here.

Mommy to six: three boys (8, 4, newborn) and four girls (7, 5, 2, and 1)
Back to Top View DominaCaeli's Profile Search for other posts by DominaCaeli

guitarnan
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Aug 18 2010 at 6:13pm | IP Logged Quote guitarnan

You are in my prayers, Amy.

Angie Mc
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Posted: Aug 18 2010 at 7:02pm | IP Logged Quote Angie Mc

You know I'm praying, Amy .

Love,

Back to Top View Angie Mc's Profile Search for other posts by Angie Mc Visit Angie Mc's Homepage

amyable
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Aug 19 2010 at 9:59am | IP Logged Quote amyable

Thank you everyone! I talked to my father last night, boy was that ugly!    Basically he doesn't WANT our help if it comes with strings like us wanting him to do it a certain way - like not living better than us . I'm not surprised.

Looking for a big pile of sand to hide my head in. Anyone want to join me at the beach?

Back to Top View amyable's Profile Search for other posts by amyable

Mackfam
Board Moderator
Board Moderator
Non Nobis

Posted: Aug 19 2010 at 10:10am | IP Logged Quote Mackfam

Amy! I've been praying for ALL of your intentions!

Everyone needs a trip to the beach every now and then to rejuvenate! Sending my digital waiter over with a lemonade spritzer for you, and here's a nice ocean breeze...to whisk your thoughts away to happy places for a few moments! These are tough waters to navigate! No pun intended!

Back to Top View Mackfam's Profile Search for other posts by Mackfam Visit Mackfam's Homepage

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

<< Prev Page of 2
  [Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version