Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Tea and Conversation (Forum Locked Forum Locked)
 4Real Forums : Tea and Conversation
Subject Topic: Introductions 2010 (Topic Closed Topic Closed) Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
hylabrook1
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Online Status: Offline
Posted: Aug 12 2010 at 8:12am | IP Logged  

Hello, Aagot! It looks like you already *know* us, so please jump right in! Welcome!

Peace,
Nancy
Back to Top View hylabrook1's Profile Search for other posts by hylabrook1

SeaStar
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Aug 12 2010 at 9:20am | IP Logged  

Aagot-

It's so good to see you posting. We look forward to getting to know you

SQUILT Music Appreciation
Back to Top View SeaStar's Profile Search for other posts by SeaStar

Erin
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Aug 12 2010 at 4:50pm | IP Logged  

Aagot,

Welcome

Back to Top View Erin's Profile Search for other posts by Erin Visit Erin's Homepage

Elisa
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posted: Aug 14 2010 at 9:25am | IP Logged  

Hello Everyone! I've heard about this board here and there but wasn't really sure what it was. I finally checked it out. LOVE IT! I'm a Catholic military wife. My husband and I have 3 children (5 yrs, 2 yrs, due dec), one of which is in the womb still, due at Christmas...all boys so far! I've always wanted to homeschool, ever since I heard about it when I was 17 yrs old and one of my high school friends was half homeschooled/half enrolled in public school. I met the love of my life early 2004 and by the end of the year, we were married. =) He was homeschooled K-12.

I mainly need help with getting started! I'm having trouble figuring out an entire years worth of lesson plans. I'd just love to find out what moms did when they were just starting out.
Back to Top View Elisa's Profile Search for other posts by Elisa

Mrs. B
Forum Rookie
Forum Rookie

Posted: Aug 29 2010 at 11:26pm | IP Logged  

Hello Ladies,

I'm so glad to finally be able to meet you all. I've been reading this forum for several years and feeling like I never had time to register until this year. What a great resource this is. I'm happy to be here.
I'm Mrs. B and I have 4 children. Dd9, ds7, dd4, and ds 16 months. We've always homeschooled; knew we were going to do it before my hubby and I married. We are blessed to be able to do it.
Well, I have a question about piano lessons and practice that I will post in the Arts area. Talk to you there! ~ Mrs. B
Back to Top View Mrs. B's Profile Search for other posts by Mrs. B

SeaStar
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Aug 30 2010 at 6:20am | IP Logged  

Welcome, Mrs. B and Elisa!

It is wonderful to have new members

SQUILT Music Appreciation
Back to Top View SeaStar's Profile Search for other posts by SeaStar

hsinfljmj
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posted: Aug 30 2010 at 8:24pm | IP Logged  

Hello,

This forum has already been a wonderful resource for me as I try to navigate my way into upper-level homeschooling. I have six children: 4 girls ages 12, 9,7 and 22 months and 2 boys ages 3.5 and 7 months. We have always homeschooled and I have used primarily Kolbe-recommended materials as well as things from Seton and CHC. I am looking also to simplify and do a more family-centered approach since I have a lot of little children now.

I look forward to chatting with you all.

Blessings,

Jessica
Back to Top View hsinfljmj's Profile Search for other posts by hsinfljmj

Nique
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Aug 30 2010 at 8:52pm | IP Logged  

Jessica! Mrs B! Elisa!

So happy to have you with us! Thanks for introducing yourselves! You'll fit in splendidly

Back to Top View Nique's Profile Search for other posts by Nique

LizO
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posted: Oct 01 2010 at 10:49pm | IP Logged  

Just wanted to throw out an introduction, I've been reading here for a long time... then I finally registered, lol, and kept reading, and now I am finally getting around to posting... My oldest DS is 5.5, my DD is 3.5, and my littlest is 16 months old. #4 is due end of February. We started homeschooling 2 years ago, did the Alphabet Path with DS and loved it.. last year we did MODG kindergarten, loved it... this year we're doing Angelicum K with DS and Angelicum preschool with DD (ha, very loosely, she's not overly interested which is fine!! we'll probably take 2 years to do it.)

Looking forward to actually contributing a bit, after all the wonderful information I have gotten from everyone here!!
Back to Top View LizO's Profile Search for other posts by LizO

MaryM
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Posted: Oct 01 2010 at 11:03pm | IP Logged  

Welcome, Liz! Saw your first post in the Picture Book Game thread. Glad you joined in the fun.

Our Domestic Church
Back to Top View MaryM's Profile Search for other posts by MaryM Visit MaryM's Homepage

Nique
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Oct 02 2010 at 8:51am | IP Logged  

LizO ~ you sound like a friend! How wonderful you are here

Jenifleur
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posted: Oct 16 2010 at 5:44pm | IP Logged  

Hi - my name is Jen and I am currently homeschooling 2 of my four children officially. One is in 2nd and the other in 1st (roughly) and I have a preschooler who I kinda homeschool and a very busy toddler. I am somewhat familiar with Charlotte Mason but would love to learn more. I enjoyed Elizabeth Foss's book Real Learning very much and find that this style of teaching works very well for me.

Also, I have an online business on Etsy where I sell saint dolls and Catholic toys as well as miscellaneous pretty things . The name is StAnnesPixies. Glad to be aboard!!
Back to Top View Jenifleur's Profile Search for other posts by Jenifleur Visit Jenifleur's Homepage

Nique
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Oct 16 2010 at 5:48pm | IP Logged  

Jenifleur - your nom-de-plume! Very nice to meet you! You've got me mighty curious about your Saint Dolls and Catholic Toys..off to check them out on Etsy!

Nique
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Oct 16 2010 at 5:52pm | IP Logged  

I'm back - very adorable Saint dolls Jenifleur! I'm going to tell my friend who has a daughter named Lucy about them! My favourite is Saint Margaret Mary - whose feast day is today!

Thanks for sharing this interesting information about yourself!

Jenifleur
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posted: Oct 16 2010 at 6:13pm | IP Logged  

No problem! I love making them. Now I just have to balance home-life and crafting! I go in spurts. Right now I am working on a petal hat for one of my daughters hopefully to make more.
I am surpised I am the first to think of the nom-de-plume - I am sure every other form of "Jen" is taken !
Thanks for the hearty welcome!!
Back to Top View Jenifleur's Profile Search for other posts by Jenifleur Visit Jenifleur's Homepage

KatieMae
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posted: Oct 22 2010 at 12:08pm | IP Logged  

Hi! I'm Katie, mother to four (7yo son w/ Autism, 6yo daughter, 3yo son & 10mo daughter) and wife of almost nine years to my hard-working architect. We live outside of Atlanta. I was invited to this forum by a friend from another forum (mama2many) and I'm very happy to find other Catholic moms who love Charlotte Mason education

I will now prowl around and see if I can write nine more posts so I can add a signature!
Back to Top View KatieMae's Profile Search for other posts by KatieMae Visit KatieMae's Homepage

Erin
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Oct 22 2010 at 3:46pm | IP Logged  

Welcome Jessica, Mrs B, Elisa, LizO, Jenifleur and Katie    So pleased to have you here, looking forward to getting to know you

Back to Top View Erin's Profile Search for other posts by Erin Visit Erin's Homepage

Jenifleur
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posted: Oct 22 2010 at 5:27pm | IP Logged  

Hello Katie and thanks Erin!

Nique
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Oct 22 2010 at 6:57pm | IP Logged  

Welcome, welcome KatieMae!

Mimip
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Oct 23 2010 at 10:25am | IP Logged