Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Tea and Conversation (Forum Locked Forum Locked)
 4Real Forums : Tea and Conversation
Subject Topic: Introductions 2010 (Topic Closed Topic Closed) Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
MaryM
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Online Status: Offline
Posted: June 25 2010 at 1:20pm | IP Logged  

Welcome Cara and Rebecca.

Our Domestic Church
Back to Top View MaryM's Profile Search for other posts by MaryM Visit MaryM's Homepage

JennGM
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: June 25 2010 at 3:25pm | IP Logged  

It is so wonderful that you all are here! Look how long our Introductions thread for 2010 is, and we're only halfway through the year! Maybe we should start a 2010 1/2 thread

Welcome, to all the new members! I love reading the little things about you and what brings you here. Pull up a chair, pour a cuppa, and please delve on in! It's membership participation and support which makes this such a nice place for support for Catholic homeschooling moms!

Back to Top View JennGM's Profile Search for other posts by JennGM Visit JennGM's Homepage

NMMountainMom
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posted: July 05 2010 at 1:10pm | IP Logged  

Hi,

I am a new member here. I am mother to five boys, 13, 7, 5, 3 and a 3 month old. I homeschooled my oldest through 3rd grade. He now attends a small, country public school after attending Catholic school in our former city for 2 years. I am currently homeschooling the 7 year old formally and I don't do anything formal with the little ones, but they certainly learn alot anyway!

I have to admit that I find homeschooling very overwhelming at times. I love it, but I have a very busy life as I help my husband run our business. I hope this is ok to admit here, but my preference would be to send my kids to a good, orthodox Catholic school, but we live in a rural area and that is not an option. I use Charlotte Mason and classical ideas in our homeschooling.

I hope to receive ideas and support here on this forum, as well as passing on any wisdom I have gleaned over the years when it is appropriate. My biggest challenge is integrating homeschooling in with running a business and being the mom of an expanding family. Those are the areas I will be looking for the most input on.

Thank you for having me! What I have read so far is very inspiring and helpful.

Danielle
Back to Top View NMMountainMom's Profile Search for other posts by NMMountainMom

juliana147
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: July 07 2010 at 7:00pm | IP Logged  

Hi everyone. I am a Catholic homeschooling mom who is going into my tenth year of teaching at home.      It is hard to believe it has been that long. I look at my dc and know that it has been worth every minute.

I have been reading the forum for years, and tried to register once before, but had too slow of a computer connection. It was time to try again.

I usually don't know what to write to introduce myself, so I will just say that my user name is in honor of St. Juliana Falconieri. She is one of my favorite saints.

Thanks for being here!
Back to Top View juliana147's Profile Search for other posts by juliana147

hylabrook1
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: July 07 2010 at 8:22pm | IP Logged  

Welcome, Cara, Rebecca, Danielle, and Juliana! So nice to *meet* all of you!

Peace,
Nancy
Back to Top View hylabrook1's Profile Search for other posts by hylabrook1

Chrissy
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posted: July 09 2010 at 12:10pm | IP Logged  

Hi All! My name is Chrissy and I've been married to my highschool sweetheart for 16 years. We have three children aged almost 15, 12, and 9. We are coming late to homeschooling, but we are so so excited to begin this journey! I've been lurking for a few days and am so grateful to have found this wonderful community. I arrived here by way of By Sun and Candlelight, which has become one of my favorite blogs.

We are using Seton to begin with, as I believe it is of sound doctrine and I don't trust myself to come up with a lesson plan for all three kids on my own in the beginning. I plan to use some of the resources I've found here to supplement Seton's curriculum.

I'm so glad to be here and look forward to getting to know you all better.
Back to Top View Chrissy's Profile Search for other posts by Chrissy

zookeeper9
Forum Rookie
Forum Rookie

Posted: July 09 2010 at 1:54pm | IP Logged  

Hello eveyone,

I am Donna. Richard and I have been married for 23 years. We have nine children here on earth and one saint waiting for us in heaven. They are DD18, DD16, DS11, DD10, DD10, DS10 and DD3, DD3, DD3. (Yes you did read that correctly 2 sets of triplets!)

I am currently homeschooling my 10 year old son who has learning special needs. I am hoping I can convince Richard that homeschooling works and let me bring home the rest of the "middles." My three year olds (almost 4 actually) will be starting a pre-school "program" in the fall. I do not intend to ever let them step foot into a school.

We brought our son home in December 2009. I started using Catholic Heritage Curricula. DH wanted something with some structure. As we have moved through the year, I am finding I like certain things and planning on changing some things for we start the next "grade" for him.

I am glad I found this board and am looking forward to getting to know everyone.
Back to Top View zookeeper9's Profile Search for other posts by zookeeper9 Visit zookeeper9's Homepage

Erin
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: July 09 2010 at 3:42pm | IP Logged  

Welcome, Cara, Rebecca, Danielle, and Juliana, Chrissy and Donna. Look forward to getting to know you

Back to Top View Erin's Profile Search for other posts by Erin Visit Erin's Homepage

PrudenceArcadia
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posted: July 12 2010 at 9:11pm | IP Logged  

Hello!
My name is Janese but as that is hard to spell and remember, you can call me Prudence or Pru (yes, I am a BIG Beatles fan) I've been married for 13 years and have a 4.5 yr old DD and a almost 1 year old DS.

I had been interested in homeschooling for a while but thought putting my DD into preschool was the "right thing to do" And it wasn't! Not for us anyway. I am having a time trying to convince my DH and my MIL. I have been HSing since Feb of this year, but for the fall I want to use an actual curriculum. After much thought and prayer over the last couple of months, I think Mater Amabilis will work best for the kindergarten year. I will give it a go, and see what happens!

Nice to meet everyone!
Back to Top View PrudenceArcadia's Profile Search for other posts by PrudenceArcadia

shineblue
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: July 21 2010 at 8:08pm | IP Logged  

Hi everyone! I'm Marcia from Queensland, Australia and after lurking around for awhile I would like to introduce myself to this wonderful forum.

Our family (DH, DS9, DD6, DD3, DD 4 mths) have been on the homeschooling journey for nearly three years. 2010 has been quite special with our DD Grace born on the Feast of The Annuciation and then baptised at the Easter Vigil Mass along with her Dad who was received into the Church!

We have been learning violin with the Suzuki method since we started homeschooling and enjoy having music as part of our life.

I mainly use a classical/CM type approach and love the fact that my DS is now streets ahead of his Mum in many subjects (although I'm digging in there with my Latin!!!)

I've been on a high learning curve with my faith during these homeschooling years and loving every minute of it.

Nice to be on board!

God bless!

Marcia
Back to Top View shineblue's Profile Search for other posts by shineblue

mamasue
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: July 21 2010 at 8:56pm | IP Logged  

Hi all, I am Suzette. Next year I will have boys in 4th, 2nd, k and prek k plus 2 girls age 2 and 1 along for the ride. We've been homeschooling from the start but are planning a different approach after becoming burned out from millions of workbooks.
I've actually visited this site many times searching for advice and I am excited to finally be a part of it
god bless,
suzette
Back to Top View mamasue's Profile Search for other posts by mamasue

Erin
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: July 22 2010 at 3:31am | IP Logged  

Hi Janese, Marcia and Suzette, Welcome

We look forward to getting to know you and Marcia I'm always thrilled to meet another Aussie. We have a couple of Queenslanders here and I'm not too far from the border myself.

Back to Top View Erin's Profile Search for other posts by Erin Visit Erin's Homepage

Sanveann
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posted: July 28 2010 at 5:17pm | IP Logged  

Hello, everyone! So glad to have found a Catholic CM forum :)

I'm Alexis, and I live in Michigan with my DH and our two little guys. Matthew is 3, and Eli is 1 1/2. We aren't homeschooling yet, and I'm not even sure we WILL (DH will take a -lot- of convincing ...), but I love CM's philosophy and am trying to incorporate her "early years" suggestions into our days.
Back to Top View Sanveann's Profile Search for other posts by Sanveann

Momto8Blessings
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posted: Aug 01 2010 at 10:46pm | IP Logged  

Hello, everyone. I was sent to this site by a dear friend and Catholic homeschool mom.

I'm Kim, mom to 8 blessings, 5 still at home, 2 on their own and an angel in heaven. We are new to homeschooling, but have prayed about it and thought about doing it for a long time and have decided to take the plunge.
We are in middle Tennessee (Metro area/Nashville) and are anxious to meet other Catholic homeschooling families in our area to learn about curriculums etc. We are also new to TN having moved here from KS.
We have 3 boys and 5 girls counting our angel in heaven of course. Our boys are 23, 20 and almost 4, our girls at home are 12, almost 12, 7 1/2 and almost 7. Feel free to pm me for our e-mail address.
Blessings, Kim
Back to Top View Momto8Blessings's Profile Search for other posts by Momto8Blessings

guitarnan
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Aug 01 2010 at 10:51pm | IP Logged  

Alexis and Kim, welcome! We're glad you found your way here.

momma_2fold
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posted: Aug 02 2010 at 9:29am | IP Logged  

I missed this thread the other day & thought I should formally introduce myself today

I'm a married mom to four, that has been reading for a while & thought it was time to join. I came by way of another Catholic Moms forum & the info here has helped so much. We've been discerning what to do with our kids & school (we had done summer-schooling/relaxed & the kids were in a private Catholic school) BUT now we've made the decision to homeschool. And so I figured I should stop lurking & say hi!
Back to Top View momma_2fold's Profile Search for other posts by momma_2fold

hylabrook1
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Aug 02 2010 at 9:44am | IP Logged  

Welcome to Chrissy, Donna, Janese, Marcia, Suzette, Alexis, Kim, and momma_2fold! Very much looking forward to getting to know you all!

Peace,
Nancy

mamaslearning
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Aug 05 2010 at 4:32pm | IP Logged  

Hi from a 'somewhat' newbie.

I've been a lurker her for several years as I contemplated homeschooling my children. Well, this year we finally decided to make this our lifestyle as we begin to educate our oldest (first grade).

We have three children, 6dd, 4-1/2ds, 22 month ds, and another son due in 6 weeks.

I have all my curriculum ready to go since my husband will be helping out this fall when the new baby arrives. I am doing an eclectic mix of CHC lesson plans and Mason style learning. I love reading books and hope to pass that along to my children. I find such inspiration on this site, and can't wait to start this adventure.

We live in KY.

God Bless,
Lara
Back to Top View mamaslearning's Profile Search for other posts by mamaslearning

hylabrook1
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Aug 05 2010 at 5:00pm | IP Logged  

Thanks so much for introducing yourself, Lara. I hope you find ideas and encouragement here as you begin your homeschooling journey, and as you welcome your newest son into your family.

Peace,
Nancy

Aagot
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Aug 11 2010 at 4:09pm | IP Logged  

Hi,
just introducing myself, I've been reading for a while and enjoying all the interesting topics. I've been homeschooling for 5 years and have 5 children ages 2-11.

Thanks,
Aagot
Back to Top View Aagot's Profile Search for other posts by Aagot

<< Prev Page of 8 Next >>
  [Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version