Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Tea and Conversation (Forum Locked Forum Locked)
 4Real Forums : Tea and Conversation
Subject Topic: Introductions 2010 (Topic Closed Topic Closed) Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
MamaFence
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Online Status: Offline
Posted: June 02 2010 at 12:30pm | IP Logged  

Hi Reena! Our children are very close in age. Mine are 6mo-5.5 years. :) I hope to learn a lot with you here...I just joined a few weeks ago!
Back to Top View MamaFence's Profile Search for other posts by MamaFence

DominaCaeli
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: June 02 2010 at 12:34pm | IP Logged  

Welcome, Reena and MamaFence, from another mom of littles (almost-4yo down to newborn). Jump right in!

Mommy to six: three boys (8, 4, newborn) and four girls (7, 5, 2, and 1)
Back to Top View DominaCaeli's Profile Search for other posts by DominaCaeli

SuzanneG
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: June 02 2010 at 11:26pm | IP Logged  

Welcome Reena and MamaFence!

Reena----I was you 4 years ago! All girls, same age-range.

Back to Top View SuzanneG's Profile Search for other posts by SuzanneG

hylabrook1
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: June 03 2010 at 8:37am | IP Logged  

Hello Reena and MamaFence! So nice to meet you; looking forward to getting to know you both.

Peace,
Nancy
Back to Top View hylabrook1's Profile Search for other posts by hylabrook1

herdingkittens
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: June 05 2010 at 8:14pm | IP Logged  

Hello wise women!   

I have come to this site for a while now for help in how we learn over here and finally joined up. I am a convert (my first born and I both were baptized together!    ), teaching our children ages 8, 6, 4, 2, 2, and one in the making. I am truly learning along with them when it comes to our faith.

We use a combination of sources for learning, but I discovered that there was a name for the basic style of my teaching (CM), which has excited me to no end to find a group of Catholic families learning in similar ways! Yay!

Anywho, looking forward to getting to know all of you, and quite honestly, to picking your brains! I feel so blessed to be called to this vocation and to live in a country that allows us to raise our children! God is so awesome! Peace and love!!
Back to Top View herdingkittens's Profile Search for other posts by herdingkittens

Grace&Chaos
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: June 07 2010 at 3:21pm | IP Logged  

Hi Everyone, I'm excited to join. I have been reading the posts for a while now. I have been inspired and many questions have been answered. We have been home schooling for three years. Our classroom includes two daughters 10('00) and 6('03) and four sons 5('05), 3('06), 2('07), baby (10/'09). This coming school year will be our first year venturing on our own. I am grateful for Kolbe curriculum for getting my feet wet. But I have to admit we are very much a "living books" family around here and will try to implement a CM and Classical approach while including topics/subjects our family can enjoy together. I look forward to all your great insight and wisdom.
Many Blessings from California,
Jenny
Back to Top View Grace&Chaos's Profile Search for other posts by Grace&Chaos Visit Grace&Chaos's Homepage

SeaStar
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: June 07 2010 at 6:01pm | IP Logged  

Welcome to you both, Jenny and Herdingkittens. I am so glad that you are joining in on the discussions here!

SQUILT Music Appreciation
Back to Top View SeaStar's Profile Search for other posts by SeaStar

Adriatica
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posted: June 07 2010 at 11:57pm | IP Logged  

Hello!

I'm Maryanne from CA. I have a daughter (5) and a son (almost 1). We'll being homeschooling my daughter this fall. I started out wanting to use one of the curriculum providers, but am now very intrigued by the CM approach to education. I've enjoyed reading here and have LOVED some of your blogs! So full of ideas and inspiration!

~Maryanne
Back to Top View Adriatica's Profile Search for other posts by Adriatica

Erin VW
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posted: June 08 2010 at 2:10pm | IP Logged  

Hi!   My name is Erin. I am a homeschooling mom of 10. We homeschooled our oldest children, took a break and are now back to schooling the youngest 6.
Back to Top View Erin VW's Profile Search for other posts by Erin VW

JennGM
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: June 08 2010 at 2:18pm | IP Logged  

Welcome, Maryanne and Erin!

Erin I know locally! Welcome back to the homeschooling world!

Back to Top View JennGM's Profile Search for other posts by JennGM Visit JennGM's Homepage

MaryM
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Posted: June 08 2010 at 4:25pm | IP Logged  

Welcome to all our new members. Please make yourself at home. We'd love to get to know you.

Our Domestic Church
Back to Top View MaryM's Profile Search for other posts by MaryM Visit MaryM's Homepage

guitarnan
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: June 08 2010 at 5:39pm | IP Logged  

Hi everyone! How exciting to have so many new members!

aubreypnp
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posted: June 08 2010 at 9:44pm | IP Logged  

Hi. I'm Aubrey and am mother to 3 children ages 6,4, and 2. We are completing our first year of homeschooling and have learned a lot. Thanks for having me here :)
Back to Top View aubreypnp's Profile Search for other posts by aubreypnp

Angie Mc
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Posted: June 11 2010 at 9:49pm | IP Logged  

Welcome new members! Thank you so much for introducing yourselves and joining in the conversations here.

Love,

Back to Top View Angie Mc's Profile Search for other posts by Angie Mc Visit Angie Mc's Homepage

Trinity
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: June 16 2010 at 9:17am | IP Logged  

Hello everyone! : )

My name is Trinity and my husband and I have two little ones. Our daughter is 2 and our son is 7. He is currently enrolled in Catholic school. This is his last week of school, then starting on Monday I will be homeschooling him. We will mainly be using CHC and following the 2nd grade CHC lessons plans, but also using some books from Seton too. We want to use the summer to give this a trial run and see if we want to homeschool year round.

I have loved reading through the many posts and threads here the past couple of weeks. It has really helped me decide which curriculums might best be suited for our family.

I look forward to getting to know you lovely ladies. : )
Back to Top View Trinity's Profile Search for other posts by Trinity

hylabrook1
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: June 16 2010 at 12:05pm | IP Logged  

Hello and welcome to all you *new* ladies. It's lovely to have you here.

Peace,
Nancy
Back to Top View hylabrook1's Profile Search for other posts by hylabrook1

Belle
Forum Rookie
Forum Rookie

Posted: June 20 2010 at 11:09pm | IP Logged  

Hello Ladies.

I am Belle. I have 3 dc's Dd14.5; Ds12 and & Ds8. We home school in what feels like Hade's garden (we live in the tropics and the perpetual summer is wearing me down after 2 years....I am an ice child at heart, I really miss definitive seasons!    ) Enough complaining about the weather though!

We use a mix of curriculum and resources. From CM inspired lessons, to unit studies, to school at home style work books and just anything I can get my hands on that piques interest and stirs passions.

I look forward sharing with you all.
Back to Top View Belle's Profile Search for other posts by Belle

Erin
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: June 21 2010 at 2:46am | IP Logged  

Hello and welcome to all our new members, it is wonderful to see you here    I look forward to getting to know you all.

Back to Top View Erin's Profile Search for other posts by Erin Visit Erin's Homepage

Devoted21
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posted: June 24 2010 at 10:01pm | IP Logged  

Hello,

My name's Rebecca and I'm homeschooling my three children - a son who is 6 and two daughters who are 4 and 2. We just started last year and I continue to feel completely overwhelmed. :) I'm very happy to have discovered this forum and can't wait to learn from all of you fellow homeschoolers!
Back to Top View Devoted21's Profile Search for other posts by Devoted21

chances
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posted: June 25 2010 at 12:28pm | IP Logged  

Hello all. I'm very excited to be a new member. A very kind, homeschooling nurse told me about this group when I was going through a rough time. I not only found solace from lurking the discussions, but I also discovered posts from authors of blogs I was following to better my understanding and implementation of the Montessori method.

We use a Montessori-like, living books-esque approach to educate my 8 year old son, my 6 year old daughter and my 2 year old daughter. My husband and I are both dedicated to education. He has a masters degree in library science and is an assistant professor at the local university and I have a masters degree in library science and education. However, I recently found myself saying that I'm not concerned about academics in relation to my kids. We provide a learning environment and I think they'll pick up what they need to know academically. I do constantly critique what we need to do, but, right now, I'm much more concerned about guiding them on the right path and encouraging them to be the best people they are. From what I've seen of the discussions here, I think this is the place to be.

Thanks for allowing me to learn and to participate.
Cara Chance
Back to Top View chances's Profile Search for other posts by chances

<< Prev Page of 8 Next >>
  [Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version