Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Tea and Conversation
 4Real Forums : Tea and Conversation
Subject Topic: Introductions 2010 (Topic Closed Topic Closed) Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
Ramie
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Online Status: Offline
Posted: March 24 2010 at 12:52pm | IP Logged  

Hi. I'm a mom to 4 kids and am homeschooling 3rd, 1st, and half hearted pre-K. #4 is a toddler. I think of myself as a Classical homeschooler, but I've become more interested on Charlotte Mason ideas and Methods. I'm still learning about what CM really means, and how I can incorporate aspects of it into our education. Nice to be here.   
Back to Top View Ramie's Profile Search for other posts by Ramie

JaysFamily
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: April 07 2010 at 11:08am | IP Logged  

Hello. I am a mother to a soon to be preschooler. I am exploring our educational options right now, but we'll probably homeschool. I am interested in CM and Classical methods of education, and I'm spending my days pouring over curriculum catalogs.
Back to Top View JaysFamily's Profile Search for other posts by JaysFamily

Lynette M
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posted: April 12 2010 at 7:00pm | IP Logged  

Hi,
I introduced myself in the wrong place initially

So anyway, my name is Lynette. I have homeschooled for 13 years. My hubby and I have 3 children: ds 20 in college, ds 18 will be joining his brother this fall, dd 10 who I currently homeschool.

I have visited this site frequently in the past and am happy to finally join.

Thanks!
Lynette M
Back to Top View Lynette M's Profile Search for other posts by Lynette M

MaryM
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Posted: April 12 2010 at 7:21pm | IP Logged  

Welcome everyone! Glad you are deciding to finally join in, Lynette.

Our Domestic Church
Back to Top View MaryM's Profile Search for other posts by MaryM Visit MaryM's Homepage

RebeccaK
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posted: April 19 2010 at 11:31am | IP Logged  

Hello! I am mom in WI to 4 children, ages 4.5, 3.5, 2, and 5 months. The older two are in part-time Montessori preschool, and I will be homeschooling full-time after they finish there. I'm exploring the various (endless) homeschool options and have been drawn to CM and Classical, among others. I used Thomas Aquinas Academy for a couple years myself in high school.

My mom actually started homeschooling when I was in high school (my sibs are a fair amount younger) so I love the freedom and formation homeschooling allows, but am not very familiar with elementary options. I am looking forward to taking advantage of the collective wisdom here!

Rebecca
Back to Top View RebeccaK's Profile Search for other posts by RebeccaK

MotherHen
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posted: April 21 2010 at 2:54pm | IP Logged  

Hello! My name is Marie. I am a married mother of two boys plus one soul in heaven. (Also a convert to the RCC.) I have been doing a small amount of religious and general study homeschooling with out eldest son (4 yrs) for the last year. I am joining this forum because after having lurked for so long and I thought it would be nice to be able to comment or ask questions should I desire to.

I already know what a warm and inviting place this forum is and am thankful for it's existence and all of those who participate in it.

God bless you all and your families.
Back to Top View MotherHen's Profile Search for other posts by MotherHen

Mackfam
Board Moderator
Board Moderator
Non Nobis

Posted: April 21 2010 at 4:40pm | IP Logged  

Welcome, Marie and Rebecca and all! So glad you're here! Just jump right in with questions and ideas!

Back to Top View Mackfam's Profile Search for other posts by Mackfam Visit Mackfam's Homepage

MaryM
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Posted: April 21 2010 at 10:54pm | IP Logged  

Hello Marie and Rebecca. Looks like you both are just starting out. You've come to a good place for help and support in the home education journey.

Our Domestic Church
Back to Top View MaryM's Profile Search for other posts by MaryM Visit MaryM's Homepage

Dana
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posted: April 21 2010 at 11:54pm | IP Logged  

Hi, my name is Dana, and I'm the proud mother of three. We have an active monkey for a 2 1/2 year old daughter, a 16 month old son whose mission in life is to keep up with his sister , and another baby that should join us at the end of July.    My sister is Crunchy Mom and if I'm not supposed to claim the relation I'll repost again after she deletes it as she's a moderator.
I look forward to getting to know all of you, and now I must sleep. I awoke for my midnight feeding as my dh likes to call it.   
Back to Top View Dana's Profile Search for other posts by Dana

CrunchyMom
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: April 22 2010 at 6:19am | IP Logged  

It is okay. I will claim you publicly. Glad you finally made it!

[URL=http://mysymphonygarden.blogspot.com/]Lost in the Cosmos[/UR
Back to Top View CrunchyMom's Profile Search for other posts by CrunchyMom

hylabrook1
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: April 22 2010 at 10:44am | IP Logged  

Welcome Marie, Rebecca, and Dana! Looking forward to having you join the conversation.

Peace,
Nancy
Back to Top View hylabrook1's Profile Search for other posts by hylabrook1

StefA
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posted: May 20 2010 at 8:35am | IP Logged  

Hi, I'm a 26 year old mother of 2 and stepmother of 1. I am homeschooling, although since my oldest (not my stepdaughter, who is in public school), is only 3, it's not been anything formal yet. We use starfall, and ewtnkids, as well as preschool workbooks, but it is a very laid back thing at this point. I am really looking forward to getting to know everyone here. :)
Back to Top View StefA's Profile Search for other posts by StefA

Angie Mc
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Posted: May 20 2010 at 9:32am | IP Logged  

Thanks for joining in and introducing yourself, Stef. I look forward to getting to know you, too. Jump on into any conversation that appeals to you and feel free to ask any questions on your mind. Also, please do check out the archives for any topics that you are interested in...feel free to bump anything interesting.

Welcome, welcome, to all new members! If you haven't had a chance to join in yet, please do. We're always eager to hear from you .

Love,

Back to Top View Angie Mc's Profile Search for other posts by Angie Mc Visit Angie Mc's Homepage

Amazing_Grace
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posted: May 20 2010 at 3:27pm | IP Logged  

Hi!

Well, I’m just a mom. I used to be a special ed. teacher years ago and since hubby travels quite extensively I gave that up to be a stay at home mom. This is my 12th year teaching CCD and I love it and I hope my students enjoy it as much as I do. I am very active in our church which is on a military base (we are civilians) and I enjoy meeting new people. Hubby teaches 6th grade and our son is his teen helper so we have the whole family helping to spread the word.

I teach first graders and in my class we study the parts of the Mass and learn the roles of the priest, the other liturgical ministers, and the community as well as the responses of all the other rituals and actions that take place during the liturgy. My students learn some of the items used at Mass and how to behave properly during Mass. Each week we study various Bible stories from Creation to Pentecost and also the Catholic beliefs, sacred tradition, and most importantly, how it relates to their life.

Putting the information in ways my first grade students can understand is a monumental challenge considering some cannot read or write, and their attention spans are extremely short. Each student also has their own unique way of learning best as well as their intellectual levels are quite diversified. Trying to come up with innovative and educational ideas to teach them about our faith is extremely hard.

Unfortunately I found the curriculum that they use at my parish sorely lacking so I had to come up with my own lesson plans and activities. I had to make and/or find activities that emphasize the lesson and the objectives of what I want my students to learn from various resources keeping in mind each of their learning styles and how they learn best. I then came up with lesson plans that incorporates lots of activities, crafts, games, worksheets, and puzzles to make it more concrete and easier for all my students to understand and also a lot of fun.

I'm so excited about joining this message board and I am looking forward in sharing ideas and meeting all of you.   

Amazing_Grace

The Catholic Toolbox
Back to Top View Amazing_Grace's Profile Search for other posts by Amazing_Grace

Turtle
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posted: May 20 2010 at 8:11pm | IP Logged  

Hi! I've been a reader of these boards for a while. I've posted a couple of times and figure it's high time I introduce myself.
I'm a mom to three children in my arms (dd-8, ds-6,and ds-3) and three in Our Lady's arms. I've been married to my dh for nearly 11 years.
I've homeschooled since the beginning and enjoy it (most of the time). We use a combo mostly of CHC and MODG.
I'm looking forward to posting a little more often and getting to know all of you a little better.
Back to Top View Turtle's Profile Search for other posts by Turtle

SeaStar
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: May 20 2010 at 8:19pm | IP Logged  

Welcome, Turtle, and all our other new members!

SQUILT Music Appreciation
Back to Top View SeaStar's Profile Search for other posts by SeaStar

MamaFence
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: May 21 2010 at 7:12am | IP Logged  

Hi!! I'm new here, so excited to have found this forum! I have 4 children, my oldest is finishing her kindergarten year soon. This year we chose public school, but I'm feeling a pull towards homeschooling. It's a scary and huge decision to officially make! I'll be glad to get support and advice from mothers here as my husband and I pray on this decision more this summer.

My oldest daughter is 5.5, my second daughter is almost 4, my third child and first son is almost 2, and my 4th child and second son is 6 months. :)
Back to Top View MamaFence's Profile Search for other posts by MamaFence

JaneQPublic
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posted: May 25 2010 at 11:24am | IP Logged  

Greetings, mothers. I stumbled upon this forum while searching for information on early education and have already had some of my questions answered. I have one child, a two-and-a-half-year-old daughter, and am planning to homeschool her for a variety of reasons. I am hoping to become thoroughly educated on that subject so that when she is old enough for kindergarten, I will already know how to proceed. I am also beginning to toy with the idea of doing preschool at home and am very interested in hearing from anyone who has done this or is currently doing it.
Back to Top View JaneQPublic's Profile Search for other posts by JaneQPublic

StefA
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posted: May 25 2010 at 11:31am | IP Logged  

JaneQPublic wrote:
Greetings, mothers. I stumbled upon this forum while searching for information on early education and have already had some of my questions answered. I have one child, a two-and-a-half-year-old daughter, and am planning to homeschool her for a variety of reasons. I am hoping to become thoroughly educated on that subject so that when she is old enough for kindergarten, I will already know how to proceed. I am also beginning to toy with the idea of doing preschool at home and am very interested in hearing from anyone who has done this or is currently doing it.

We have started to do some preschool at home, but it is very laid back. We use www.starfall.com, which he loves. We also play some games on EWTNkids, and this week I started with Brightly Beaming Resources doing the Steps to Reading Preparatory Curriculum. If we don't do something every day, I don't sweat it, though.

Gracesmom
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posted: June 02 2010 at 12:16pm | IP Logged  

Hi everyone!! My name is Reena and I am from Strathmore Alberta, Canada.
I have 4 little girls ranging in age from 3 months to 5 years.
I'm excited to learn more about homeschooling as I am very new to all of this!!
Can't wait to get to know everyone better!!
Back to Top View Gracesmom's Profile Search for other posts by Gracesmom

<< Prev Page of 8 Next >>
  [Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version