Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Tea and Conversation (Forum Locked Forum Locked)
 4Real Forums : Tea and Conversation
Subject Topic: If there is ONE thing you do CONSISTENTLY Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
Cay Gibson
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Online Status: Offline
Posted: Jan 09 2010 at 8:06pm | IP Logged Quote Cay Gibson

I cannot go to sleep without picking up, straightening, and neatening the living room, kitchen and sitting room areas. I'm not the greatest housekeeper but I am proud about this little habit. And...believe me...it is a habit...a good one.

It's become a meditative routine for me after everyone else is in bed and the house is still.

mom to 5
Cajun Cottage Under the Oaks
Back to Top View Cay Gibson's Profile Search for other posts by Cay Gibson Visit Cay Gibson's Homepage

anitamarie
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Jan 09 2010 at 9:38pm | IP Logged Quote anitamarie

Well, it's not something I do everyday, but it's something I've done. We all have white sheets, so they can all be washed together, and then it doesn't matter which bed they go back on. Everyone can pretty the bed with a quilt or comforter, but the sheets are white. Plus, I can stock up at white sales easily.

Anita
Back to Top View anitamarie's Profile Search for other posts by anitamarie

Erin
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Jan 11 2010 at 12:14am | IP Logged Quote Erin

Make our bed first thing in the morning and get dressed before breakfast.

Back to Top View Erin's Profile Search for other posts by Erin Visit Erin's Homepage

lambchopwife
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: Jan 11 2010 at 4:50am | IP Logged Quote lambchopwife

Um, does checking your email and facebook daily count? I guess I should work on that for the New Year!
Cheryl

Anne
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: Jan 11 2010 at 6:25am | IP Logged Quote Anne

I am gleening wonderful ideas for new habits this year! Thanks Ladies .

I wake with dh and fix him a sack lunch each morning. This helps us in many ways. Mainly, he gets a nutritious meal and we save $$

Back to Top View Anne's Profile Search for other posts by Anne

Kristie 4
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Jan 11 2010 at 12:39pm | IP Logged Quote Kristie 4

Miscellaneous bin at the bottom of the stairs- this time it didn't fill up for almost a month. I chuck (basketball style off the wall as a backbord!) all the bits of lego, ballet hair pins, etc. from around the house in it then assign someone to put it all away. It saves MANY trips up and down the stairs. (My kids know it as the miscellaneous bin as well! It is their first go to for the ineveitable lost lego piece!).

A Walk in the Woods

Back to Top View Kristie 4's Profile Search for other posts by Kristie 4 Visit Kristie 4's Homepage

LLMom
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Jan 11 2010 at 4:15pm | IP Logged Quote LLMom

lambchopwife wrote:
Um, does checking your email and facebook daily count? I guess I should work on that for the New Year!
Cheryl

Yep. Had to laught at that one. I am consistent with the "fun" stuff.

Back to Top View LLMom's Profile Search for other posts by LLMom

TxTrish
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: Jan 12 2010 at 8:58am | IP Logged Quote TxTrish

1. Giant calendar on wall in breakfast room for all family members activities - everyone know who's going where and when. No double scheduling events, appointments and so on.

My Blog

"Duty before everything, even something holy"
St.Padre Pio
Back to Top View TxTrish's Profile Search for other posts by TxTrish

Christine
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Jan 12 2010 at 9:05am | IP Logged Quote Christine

Sort through the mail when it arrives. Bills all go in the same place. Junk mail and any unneeded ads or catalogs are placed in the recycle bin. Things that my husband needs to look at go on his desk.

Pretty Lilla Rose
Back to Top View Christine's Profile Search for other posts by Christine Visit Christine's Homepage

Christine
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Jan 12 2010 at 9:08am | IP Logged Quote Christine

I forgot to mention that each night, I kiss my children good night and tell them that I love them and I thank God for blessing me with them.

Pretty Lilla Rose
Back to Top View Christine's Profile Search for other posts by Christine Visit Christine's Homepage

Cay Gibson
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Jan 12 2010 at 3:33pm | IP Logged Quote Cay Gibson

Christine wrote:
I forgot to mention that each night, I kiss my children good night and tell them that I love them and I thank God for blessing me with them.

Ohhhh, yes, I do too. I usually crack the door on my older ones and whisper a good-night then go into my daughters' room and give them kisses. Annie can't go to sleep until I do.

LLMom wrote:
lambchopwife wrote:
Cheryl

Yep. Had to laught at that one. I am consistent with the "fun" stuff.

Oh, yes...with a morning cup of coffee.

mom to 5
Cajun Cottage Under the Oaks
Back to Top View Cay Gibson's Profile Search for other posts by Cay Gibson Visit Cay Gibson's Homepage

Amanda
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: Jan 12 2010 at 4:30pm | IP Logged Quote Amanda

OK, the rest of my life is so insane that it's shocking that I do this: I have a bag in my trunk with different label-able compartments. When I got it, I thought I'd use one compartment per family member, but that didn't work for me. Now they are labeled hot, cold, hungry, bored, and wet. "Hot" has sunscreen and water. "Cold" has two sweatshirts, one that would fit 2yo or 6yo and one that would fit me or 12yo, and a small fleece blanket. "Wet" has a towel, a few paper towels, and a change of clothes for the 2yo. "Hungry" has little packets of crackers saved from restaurant soup, etc. "Bored" has a couple of fidget toys and cheap puzzle books and trivia books.

I find that I only ever need the bag when I've let it get un-stocked, of course, but I feel more in control just knowing it's there! (Before, I usually had all of those things somewhere in the van, but could never find them when I needed them.)

lapazfarm
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Jan 12 2010 at 8:53pm | IP Logged Quote lapazfarm

Amanda wrote:
OK, the rest of my life is so insane that it's shocking that I do this: I have a bag in my trunk with different label-able compartments. When I got it, I thought I'd use one compartment per family member, but that didn't work for me. Now they are labeled hot, cold, hungry, bored, and wet. "Hot" has sunscreen and water. "Cold" has two sweatshirts, one that would fit 2yo or 6yo and one that would fit me or 12yo, and a small fleece blanket. "Wet" has a towel, a few paper towels, and a change of clothes for the 2yo. "Hungry" has little packets of crackers saved from restaurant soup, etc. "Bored" has a couple of fidget toys and cheap puzzle books and trivia books.

Ok, THAT is just fabulous!

Back to Top View lapazfarm's Profile Search for other posts by lapazfarm Visit lapazfarm's Homepage

TracyFD
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: Jan 12 2010 at 9:31pm | IP Logged Quote TracyFD

Have a cleaning and laundry schedule. The kids pitch in. If I am in a bathroom that is getting gross I don't worry, I just think, "Well, in two days so & so will be cleaning this" and I don't waste time getting sidetracked and cleaning it myself.

Pinewood Castle
Back to Top View TracyFD's Profile Search for other posts by TracyFD Visit TracyFD's Homepage

Marcia
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: Jan 13 2010 at 12:06pm | IP Logged Quote Marcia

I am storing my fresh garlic in the freezer! No more moldy garlic when we are ready to have tea or Indian. Yeah!

I wonder why
Back to Top View Marcia's Profile Search for other posts by Marcia

melanie
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Jan 13 2010 at 1:02pm | IP Logged Quote melanie

Yeah, I got nothin'....lol.
I have lots of things that I *should* do consistently, and my day certainly goes smoother when I *do* them...ok, well, I do plan meals consistently, I will say that. My dh is very much against scrambled eggs or whatever I can throw together at the last minute for dinner, so if I don't plan meals then he will want to pick up something. Too expensive, so I really do plan meals, two weeks at a time.

slightlycrunchycatholic.blogspot.com
Back to Top View melanie's Profile Search for other posts by melanie Visit melanie's Homepage

melanie
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Jan 13 2010 at 1:03pm | IP Logged Quote melanie

TxTrish, what do you use for a big wall calendar? I've had a hard time finding anything besides regular sized ones with too much junk written in the squares already. I have been using a dry erase calendar, but the kids keep messing with it.

slightlycrunchycatholic.blogspot.com
Back to Top View melanie's Profile Search for other posts by melanie Visit melanie's Homepage

TxTrish
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: Jan 13 2010 at 3:20pm | IP Logged Quote TxTrish

A cheap "desk" calendar from the office supply.
About five bucks, with or without lines.

I like the blank one you fill in, too.
I can add all the feast days, draw in little symbols and this and that -
But, geez! it was like 15 bucks.

My Blog

"Duty before everything, even something holy"
St.Padre Pio
Back to Top View TxTrish's Profile Search for other posts by TxTrish

Paula in MN
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Jan 13 2010 at 8:48pm | IP Logged Quote Paula in MN

I have been consistently getting up at 5 a.m. for years. So many years that I no longer need an alarm.

juststartn
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Jan 13 2010 at 9:58pm | IP Logged Quote juststartn

Wow...well, does having the house cleaned up before DH comes home count? I mean, down to the floors swept/vacuumed? The house can be a wreck all day (okay, not really, I try to stay on top of it before it goes insane), but when he calls me to say "I'm coming home, need anything?" I know I have got 20min. And I *will* have the house cleaned and tidied when he drives into the carport.

(I figure he works hard all day to keep us in this house, the least we can do, is keep it neat and tidy and reasonable peaceful/chaos minimized for him).

Rachel

Sophia 4/19/04
John 5/7/07
David 5/7/07
Ava Maria, in the arms of Jesus, 9/5/08
Back to Top View juststartn's Profile Search for other posts by juststartn

<< Prev Page of 3 Next >>
  [Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version