Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Tea and Conversation
 4Real Forums : Tea and Conversation
Subject Topic: sooo...i'll be the materialistic one..... Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
JenPre
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Online Status: Offline
Posted: Dec 29 2009 at 5:11pm | IP Logged Quote JenPre

My dh gave me a bathrobe from LL Bean and a sweater from LL Bean; the book Julie & Julia; a braclet he made (he's a jeweler); a new printer for the computer; a wireless mouse and a pound of dunkin donuts coffee.

And our "main" present to each other arrived in the form of our daughter on December 4th!

Nina Murphy
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Dec 29 2009 at 7:17pm | IP Logged Quote Nina Murphy

Bookswithtea wrote:
Nina Murphy wrote:

How do you like it, Books? Smells like soap and water, no? You either love it or you hate it!

I gave an Inner Grace set to my mother-in-law last year!

I love Philosophy....

I'm a philosophy girl. I already have some Pure grace body spray and lotion from last Christmas (I work hard to make them last), so I was pretty excited about it. I really like Amazing Grace, too, though. Dh doesn't like super strong scents, and he likes these.

I actually think there is a forum for "philosophy girls"!!!      They make such fun stuff.
My girls adore the lip shines. The coconut frosting one is absolutely addictive and it is not even a food product.   It's also a pretty shimmery iridescent color.

Yup, I've had Amazing Grace....but used it all up! I need some more GRACE!    

and 2 yet-to-be-met
Back to Top View Nina Murphy's Profile Search for other posts by Nina Murphy

RamFam
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: Dec 29 2009 at 8:38pm | IP Logged Quote RamFam

hylabrook1 wrote:
It's a Cuisinart brew and grind coffee maker! I haven't tried it yet, but it seems really cool.

Hilarious! My Dad sent me one for Christmas. I'd never even heard of such a thing. It is nice not to have to grind beans first and I love the water filter. I think the coffee actually is better out of this machine.

Back to Top View RamFam's Profile Search for other posts by RamFam Visit RamFam's Homepage

Stephanie_Q
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: Dec 30 2009 at 1:37pm | IP Logged Quote Stephanie_Q

Well...my BIL and his wife were chosen as adoptive parents on the 23rd, so I got a niece!

I got myself the book "Happy Are You Poor" (appropriate, no?)

MIL got me a nice wooden bamboo cooking spoon along with some other stocking stuffers

DH picked out my new vacuum cleaner: a Dyson DC25 (on sale at Target) that makes me feel like I haven't cleaned my house in 3 years - it works great!

My mom got me a pair of nice winter boots and I got a pair of bird feeders at our family gift exchange.

Merry Christmas!

Baby boy due 10.13
Back to Top View Stephanie_Q's Profile Search for other posts by Stephanie_Q Visit Stephanie_Q's Homepage

martinas6
Forum Rookie
Forum Rookie

Posted: Dec 31 2009 at 8:59am | IP Logged Quote martinas6

great thread idea!
My husband and I don't exchange gifts,we just buy for the kids. (I begged him not to buy me gifts about 12 years ago after he kept buying me gifts that I had no place to put or just would never use. I felt badly he was wasating $) But we did recieve one gift from his brother it is a big,counter top popcorn maker, the kind you make movie theater popcorn with. It is a hit! I don't like it stored on the counter so we keep it in the basement on a table. Add that to our existing pull down projector screen and it feels like we went to the movies. good deal for a family of 10

http://www.mamax9.blogspot.com
Back to Top View martinas6's Profile Search for other posts by martinas6 Visit martinas6's Homepage

Kristie 4
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Dec 31 2009 at 1:27pm | IP Logged Quote Kristie 4

I received a Tolkien book and a Starbuck's giftcard from my dh. My dd made me a duct-tape wallet! My ds gave me a really cool Knex machine he had made. I recieved money for 'me' from my parents as well as some pjs, and some gift-money from the inlaws!

A Walk in the Woods

Back to Top View Kristie 4's Profile Search for other posts by Kristie 4 Visit Kristie 4's Homepage

Marcia
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: Dec 31 2009 at 2:33pm | IP Logged Quote Marcia

a macbook pro
yes feeling very spoiled

I wonder why
Back to Top View Marcia's Profile Search for other posts by Marcia

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

<< Prev Page of 3