Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Our Lady's Loom, Larder, and Laundry
 4Real Forums : Our Lady's Loom, Larder, and Laundry
Subject Topic: Look at my doll-Updated with link Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
MarilynW
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Online Status: Offline
Posted: Dec 15 2009 at 10:18am | IP Logged Quote MarilynW

4 lads mom wrote:
when life is tough...make dolls!!!

Great quote - I am putting it in my dolls unit study (with credit to you of course my friend)

Makes me all emotional too

Back to Top View MarilynW's Profile Search for other posts by MarilynW

Mimip
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Dec 15 2009 at 12:27pm | IP Logged Quote Mimip

MarilynW wrote:
4 lads mom wrote:
when life is tough...make dolls!!!

Great quote - I am putting it in my dolls unit study (with credit to you of course my friend)

Makes me all emotional too

Marilyn,

What dolls unit study????

Back to Top View Mimip's Profile Search for other posts by Mimip

MarilynW
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Dec 15 2009 at 10:47pm | IP Logged Quote MarilynW

Mimip wrote:

What dolls unit study????

Mimi - my dd (13) and I have been following a wonderful dolls rabbit trail over the last few months. It started because we finally had another little girl in May - and so all the doll books came out. Then we started our World Geography and Cultures study - and so many doll books and ideas came from this.(Japanese Kokeshi, Russian Matryoshka etc etc) Through this we discovered Tasha Tudor's world of dolls and that opened up more rabbit trails. My dd also got a lovely book for her birthday on making doll clothes for heroines in literature eg Anne of Green Gables etc - and so we went off on another trail. My dd has also been writing her ideas for a unit study for her little sister (ok she is only 6 months old - but never too young for doll read alouds!!) - using the American Girl Dolls and others. Now we are off on a doll making trail....
(4 lads mom has been following some of our progress - she and I are good responsible Catholic mamas who have already arranged a match between her 2 year old daughter and my son of the same age     

Back to Top View MarilynW's Profile Search for other posts by MarilynW

4 lads mom
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Dec 16 2009 at 10:01am | IP Logged Quote 4 lads mom

I am a big believer in arranged marriages....I'm tellin' ya'!!!!

OKay for another cardigan that is just divine, click on the link below.....the whole Bamboletta doll company is my favorite, oh, to be able afford those!!! In the mean time, I am really going to do more of these dolls.....so funny, I was such a tom-boy growing up, not interested in dolls AT ALL.....but it wasn't really encouraged, either. I feel like I am reclaiming part of my childhood and am able to appreciate how important it all is to little girls. When I hear about your doll unit study, Marilyn, I am ready to hop on a plane and come out with Lily and have some serious girl time!!!!!

Doll Cardigan Free Pattern

I'm going to try to start this before Lily's surgery on Friday, and while she is back for her scheduled three hours....I'll be knitting away.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

<< Prev Page of 2
  [Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version