Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Tea and Conversation
 4Real Forums : Tea and Conversation
Subject Topic: Have you found any stocking presents yet? Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
Chari
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Online Status: Offline
Posted: Nov 27 2009 at 1:37pm | IP Logged Quote Chari

What have you found so far?

I found a wooden kazoo for my 8 year old who loves to play.......at a mall toy store.

And, an ornament for each of the kids......I got them jewels and snowflakes at Sears this year......really pretty!

Keep coming back with your purchases!

JodieLyn
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Nov 27 2009 at 11:31pm | IP Logged Quote JodieLyn

Funny you mention it Chari. I found these little wood puzzles at Safeway of all places.. they look like little wood books.. but have a little drawer on the side instead of opening.. and then they have little pieces that you manipulate until you create the shape.. there's paralleagrams and hexagons and cars and trees and there's 8 different ones. They're rather like tanagrams you just set the little pieces next to each other.. not like jigsaw puzzles.. They seem complex enough for older to kids to at least have a bit of fun with them.

All men who have turned out worth anything have had the chief hand in their own education.
-Sir Walter Scott
Back to Top View JodieLyn's Profile Search for other posts by JodieLyn

Christine
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Nov 28 2009 at 12:12am | IP Logged Quote Christine

I have Playmobil figures (the kind that come in a two pack) and art supplies. I still need to get candycanes and chocolate money. We don't eat a lot of candy in our house and the children really look forward to finding the last two items in their stockings.

Pretty Lilla Rose
Back to Top View Christine's Profile Search for other posts by Christine Visit Christine's Homepage

MaryMary
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Nov 28 2009 at 9:11am | IP Logged Quote MaryMary

Schleich animals and Schleich knights are hugely popular around here. Each of my children have found one or more of these in their stockings every Christmas.

Back to Top View MaryMary's Profile Search for other posts by MaryMary

SeaStar
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Nov 28 2009 at 10:48am | IP Logged Quote SeaStar

My dc love those little seasonal washcloths that you can buy at the Dollar Tree or Michael's. They are tiny but expand to full size in water. They'll each have one in their stockings.

SQUILT Music Appreciation
Back to Top View SeaStar's Profile Search for other posts by SeaStar

Servant2theKing
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Nov 28 2009 at 12:20pm | IP Logged Quote Servant2theKing

We don't do stockings, since we focus on small gifts to fill shoes for St. Nicholas's day...so far we've gotten WOW Christian Music DVD trivia game, Hobbit PC Video Game (to replace a very old favorite which is beyond repair) and LOTR Deluxe Top Trumps set (to replace very worn-out sets). Each item was less than $10 online, all have arrived...wrapped and ready for Dec. 6. The dc who are at home are really into Christian Music and Lord of the Rings, which makes gift buying pretty simple...18yo ds helped me with online shopping and assured me that old favorites are much better than newer items, which apparently hold little interest...this he tells me after years of choosing various card and dice games for St. Nicholas Day! They always SEEMED delighted!
I haven't seen chocolate coins this year...any sources?

SylviaB
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: Nov 28 2009 at 1:43pm | IP Logged Quote SylviaB

MaryMary wrote:
Schleich animals and Schleich knights are hugely popular around here. Each of my children have found one or more of these in their stockings every Christmas.

Schleich animals are big hit in our house too!
Back to Top View SylviaB's Profile Search for other posts by SylviaB

Christine
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Nov 28 2009 at 5:00pm | IP Logged Quote Christine

SylviaB wrote:
MaryMary wrote:

Schleich animals are big hit in our house too!

Thank you for mentioning Schleich. They are a big hit in our house, too, and have been found in stockings over the years. Time to visit Target.

Pretty Lilla Rose
Back to Top View Christine's Profile Search for other posts by Christine Visit Christine's Homepage

Bookswithtea
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Nov 28 2009 at 5:39pm | IP Logged Quote Bookswithtea

The $1 bins at Michaels are full of little things that will fill a stocking nicely, along with this and that from other places.

~Books

mothering ds'93 dd'97 dd'99 dd'02 ds'05 ds'07 and due 9/10
Back to Top View Bookswithtea's Profile Search for other posts by Bookswithtea

DianaC
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: Nov 28 2009 at 8:15pm | IP Logged Quote DianaC

Every year everyone in our house gets a Terry's Chocolate Orange in their stocking. (When I was little, it was still a treat to get a regular orange in our stockings).

This year, I think everyone will also get a book-light. It seems I'm always reminding everyone to be sure they have enough light to read - so if I can get them to use the lights - it will be helpful.

Still looking for a more personalized item for each person though.
Back to Top View DianaC's Profile Search for other posts by DianaC

Kathryn
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Nov 28 2009 at 9:49pm | IP Logged Quote Kathryn

I admit I go a little crazy with stocking stuffers.    My goal is to stay around $1-2 max but sometimes I go as high as $4-5 for one thing (may be). A lot of stuff comes from the Dollar Spot at Target, Michaels or Dollar Tree.

For my oldest, so far I have a skein of yarn for knitting, nail polish, mini Am Girl book, cute tissue pack.

For my DS, I have a slinky, silly putty, jungle figures, juggling ball set.

For my youngest DD, I have books, mini playdoh, play phone.

They all get those finger towels that you put in water that grow to full size.   I also usu. put in a pair of socks and fruit and nuts. I also have done an ornament for the last couple years related to their current interest for that year and with the year. I'll prob. add a little notepad and colored pen/pencil. I ***LOVE*** filling their stockings!!   

florasita
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Dec 07 2009 at 9:42pm | IP Logged Quote florasita

I don't have them yet but I am going to get those chinese yoyos . we always got them for the older kids when they were young but the two youngest haven't even expereinced them yet . Those little push down toys on a spring that stick on a suction cup and then pop up into the air are such fun , silly puddy and a slinky thats it then candy from our little german meat market .

May I rise & rest with words of Gratitude on my Breath
May I have the Heart & Mind of a Child in my Depth
May I forever remember to be a Light
May Peace Love & Hope be My Sight
Back to Top View florasita's Profile Search for other posts by florasita Visit florasita's Homepage

TracyFD
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: Dec 09 2009 at 7:51am | IP Logged Quote TracyFD

My kids love kazoos. I might get some more. Maybe not.

Toothbrushes!

Burt's Bees lip balm

Wind-up robots (Chinaberry)

Books or stories on CD

Post-It Notes

Swedish Moccasins (Hanna)

Clementines

Walnuts and those nice wooden nutcrackers

Pinewood Castle
Back to Top View TracyFD's Profile Search for other posts by TracyFD Visit TracyFD's Homepage

hylabrook1
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Dec 09 2009 at 8:55am | IP Logged Quote hylabrook1

Does anyone have ideas for *big boys* (son-in-law, 2 serious boyfriends, and a 20-year old ds)? I miss being able to put Playmobil figures in!

Peace,
Nancy
Back to Top View hylabrook1's Profile Search for other posts by hylabrook1

DominaCaeli
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Dec 09 2009 at 9:18am | IP Logged Quote DominaCaeli

hylabrook1 wrote:
Does anyone have ideas for *big boys* (son-in-law, 2 serious boyfriends, and a 20-year old ds)? I miss being able to put Playmobil figures in!

Peace,
Nancy

Well, my husband (in his twenties) usually gets lots of snacks, a few nice pens, and maybe an SD card of something similar in his stocking at my parents' house. Protein bars and a $5 gift card to Starbucks is I think what my younger brother gets in his. I think food is always good!

Mommy to six: three boys (8, 4, newborn) and four girls (7, 5, 2, and 1)
Back to Top View DominaCaeli's Profile Search for other posts by DominaCaeli

Lavenderfields
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: Dec 09 2009 at 9:45am | IP Logged Quote Lavenderfields

I have this problem every year.

Razor blades
After Shave
Shampoo
Gloves
Socks
Gift cards to Subway, McDonalds, etc.

I hope more chine in.

God Bless
Robynn
Back to Top View Lavenderfields's Profile Search for other posts by Lavenderfields

anniemm
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: Dec 09 2009 at 11:48am | IP Logged Quote anniemm

I love doing stockings too! I'm downloading some Holy Heroes Rosary CDs from iTunes, burning them and sticking them in stockings. They're getting candy of course, home made fingerless gloves, one a set of dominoes, another is UNO. I found a harmonica cheap on Black Friday that I'm giving my 5 year old. May regret that...lol For some reason, all my little girls enjoy match box cars, so I'll tuck some of those in. 2 year old is getting a new toothbrush...
My DH is going to be great fun. I'm putting in some random tool type stuff. If you have a Harbor Fright store, they have tons of small cheap stuff. I'll get him bungee cords, a tape measure (these always seem to disappear), head lamp, maybe a new hammer (his got inadvertently stolen). I'm also going to add guitar picks, a few of his favorite snacks, a bottle of lime flavored Perrier. His stocking is hard for me because it's the biggest out of the whole family! But, I love doing it! THIS website has lots of great ideas too!

Mama to four little girls (04), (05), (07), (09),& my 1st little guy 11/11
www.hiswillmypeace.com
Back to Top View anniemm's Profile Search for other posts by anniemm Visit anniemm's Homepage

JodieLyn
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Dec 09 2009 at 12:16pm | IP Logged Quote JodieLyn

Big boys who go out in the cold might appreciate some of those hot packs for warming your hands.

packs of cards are good.. invariably some get left out and littles crinkle or chew on them and so replacements are always well recieved.

for my kids, socks.. my oldest boy needs some new dress socks and I found some toe socks for the girls (they've been wanting those) and the little boys actually will be getting character undies (they don't need socks right now) so I just need to find something for the two littlest.

hair/bath thingies.. comb and brush or mirror sets, bubble bath, hair gel etc.

fisherprice little people.. extra people in the stockings of the two littlest

oh and flashlights for hte boys except the baby and bracelets for the girls..

All men who have turned out worth anything have had the chief hand in their own education.
-Sir Walter Scott
Back to Top View JodieLyn's Profile Search for other posts by JodieLyn

Nique
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Dec 09 2009 at 1:40pm | IP Logged Quote Nique

Good thread (and ideas) ~ thanks everybody!

Back to Top View Nique's Profile Search for other posts by Nique

TracyFD
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: Dec 09 2009 at 1:45pm | IP Logged Quote TracyFD

Wait, wait! Is there another thread for gift ideas for husbands? He says he just wants socks and replacement razor blades! He is way too low maintaince!

He bought a lot of Tolkien books for himself a few months ago and said we could just wrap those up. I did get him a sodoku desk calendar but everything else I can think of (like a snow blower) is out of the budget.

Pinewood Castle
Back to Top View TracyFD's Profile Search for other posts by TracyFD Visit TracyFD's Homepage

Page of 2 Next >>
  [Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version