Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Our Lady of Good Remedy and Care
 4Real Forums : Our Lady of Good Remedy and Care
Subject Topic: Holiday Exercise Buddies--Yes, you can! Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
DominaCaeli
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Online Status: Offline
Posted: Dec 18 2009 at 12:18pm | IP Logged Quote DominaCaeli

I have been so out of it lately. I got a cold over Thanksgiving, and I just can't shake it. I thought it was lifting last weekend, but I think I picked up a chest cold at church. Now I can barely make it through the day, let alone run, with this coughing. I tried to go out for a run the other morning, but my husband sent me back to bed.

Hoping I'll be back on track next week, just in time for the holiday treats!   

Oh, and Susan--any time I start working out, it takes a several weeks to see results, annoying and discouraging as that can be! It's also the case that for me, diet is much more important than exercise when it comes to losing weight. Regular exercise does a lot for my general feeling of fitness, however--I always feel great physically after a workout. Hoping you'll see some results this week!

Mommy to six: three boys (8, 4, newborn) and four girls (7, 5, 2, and 1)
Back to Top View DominaCaeli's Profile Search for other posts by DominaCaeli

Maddie
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Dec 18 2009 at 3:55pm | IP Logged Quote Maddie

I've walked 8 miles so far this week. It's a far cry from the 15 miles I had set as a goal, but at least it is something!
Back to Top View Maddie's Profile Search for other posts by Maddie

lovebeingamom
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: Dec 21 2009 at 1:33pm | IP Logged Quote lovebeingamom

I am still trying to lose 15-20 lbs. from my last pregnancy with DS over 15 mo. ago. I would really love to lose this weight before we conceive our next (God's will be done).    

Could someone please explain to me a little more about T-Tapp? How long is the workout? How much does it cost? Any information would be great!!!!

Back to Top View lovebeingamom's Profile Search for other posts by lovebeingamom

SusanJ
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Dec 21 2009 at 1:43pm | IP Logged Quote SusanJ

I encourage you to look at this old T-Tapp thread from last year. I found it pretty helpful though it is long.

T-Tapp has one main workout known as the "Total Workout" which is 55 minutes long once you learn it. The first fifteen minutes of this plus one other move are called the "Basic Plus" workout.

The Total Workout was created first and then when Theresa Tapp found that many people only had time for the first fifteen minutes and were still seeing results she created the Basic.

I got started by doing the free exercises on the website. It was important for me and dh to know that I could commit to doing something regularly. Those exercises are in an odd order and there isn't much instruction so I wouldn't say you could get far with just that. I do believe that if you poke around on their forum you can find more free videos to get a bigger sense of what's going on.

T-Tapp is completely useless (I think) if you aren't pretty well informed about her philosophy. Alignment is very, very important.

When I finally made a purchase I wanted plenty of material to learn about the workout, plenty of variety, and I knew I wanted the Total Workout. I poked around looking at all the various deals for a long time and finally settled on a combination that cost $80 with shipping and got me her book plus about five different workouts--and lots of other material as well. Do not pay full price for anything! There are so many sales and deals.

For example, the books is $16.95 and comes with a free Step CD (a fantastic and challenging 25-minute workout), a short Ab workout and a coupon for 30% off anything you want. If you order it over the phone you can use the coupon instantly.

I do not think T-Tapp is very fun but I really reached a breaking point with my physical fitness and I have stuck with it for over four weeks now. I'm a huge fan of this program so feel free to ask more questions.

Back to Top View SusanJ's Profile Search for other posts by SusanJ Visit SusanJ's Homepage

SusanJ
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Dec 21 2009 at 1:47pm | IP Logged Quote SusanJ

And an update . . . No inch loss this weekend either. But I just started adding in the Primary Back Stretch morning and evening.

Celeste--thanks for your encouragement about feeling fit. Dh has been a great coach for me and he keeps reminding me that I am seeing HUGE benefits from doing this. So much more energy, so much more discipline, better balanced moods. It is totally worth it.

And, you know, I've been baking for three days straight and a huge tin of my favorite toffee arrived from my aunt today. I'd probably be gaining weight if not for T-Tapp.

I'm planning to enjoy the holiday feasting (without going too overboard ), continue my daily workouts and really focus on diet at the New Year.

Thanks for your encouragement ladies. This group rocks! It is amazing to workout at all during this busiest of seasons for moms.

Back to Top View SusanJ's Profile Search for other posts by SusanJ Visit SusanJ's Homepage

4 lads mom
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Dec 22 2009 at 10:08pm | IP Logged Quote 4 lads mom

Oh Girls.....I am running a race right now, but it is just keeping up with Lily, not any other official exercise......it is all I can do to keep her little fingers safely out of her mouth!! Does that count? We aren’t sleeping well right now, but I will get back soon, here.....only 16 more days to go for hyper vigilance for the girl ....and then it will be more of a routine I can work my walking into.

4 lads mom
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Jan 04 2010 at 6:31am | IP Logged Quote 4 lads mom

Here we go!!!!! I got up and did the one mile walk and felt like a wimp, but very glad to be at it again!! I gained some weight over the last few weeks, between Lily’s surgery and Christmas I’m trying not to beat myself up too bad......
Who else started the New Year school week with their exercise??? It isn’t too late!!!

drmommy
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: Jan 04 2010 at 8:43am | IP Logged Quote drmommy

Oh, I am late! Really wanted to go walking at night, but we have had a lot of visitors to our house, so by the time they leave, it is bed time! Yes,, I really should get off the computer before work and go exercise. I will start tomorrow .
Back to Top View drmommy's Profile Search for other posts by drmommy

Gloria JMJ
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Jan 07 2010 at 10:06pm | IP Logged Quote Gloria JMJ

O.K. Here goes!
I will drink 1 glass of water EVERY time I want to eat ANYTHING!and then see if I still want it .
I will walk 1 rosary a day (1 mile), hopefully in the mornings.
I WILL GET UP EARLY!
Wish me luck!

Maddie
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Feb 01 2010 at 7:47am | IP Logged Quote Maddie

How's it going everyone?

I've walked 80 miles since my baby was born in September but was thrown off course lately. Today, February 1, I'm back on that horse with the resolve to lose 20 lbs by Easter. I want to buy a new dress for Easter, size 12, but I'd settle for size 14!

I plan to drink plenty of water, limit my food portions, eat lots of fruits and veggies, only allow myself something sweet on Sundays, eat protein and keep my vitamins going.

Anyone up for an Easter challenge???

Gloria JMJ
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Feb 01 2010 at 10:33am | IP Logged Quote Gloria JMJ

(Let me finish eating this donut )

Um, Yeah. Right. Count me in! I'd love to!

(now what to do with that other donut )

vmalott
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Feb 09 2010 at 4:06pm | IP Logged Quote vmalott

Well, I'm an on-again, off-again T-Tapper. I came to my breaking point in Sept. and finally decided to join weight watchers. I've been eating a more healthy diet and have incorporated regular exercise into my days. I've enjoyed weight loss as well as some loss of inches.

My recent workouts have been alternating between Leslie Sansone's "Walk Your Belly Flat" (3 mile walk) and Jillian Michaels' "30 Day Shred." I'm coming back to T-Tapp because the Shred was literally shredding my knees! You know how your thighs feel after the first few days of your T-Tapp bootcamp? Well, the muscles right above my knees have been feeling like that with little relief. I couldn't hack it anymore (after 15 days of shredding, not consecutively).

So, this morning, I went back to Instructional Workout #1...you know, Basic Workout's instructional segment, where she has you in a semi-squat for what seems like an eternity. When I did T-Tapp nearly a year ago, I saw very rapid results during my bootcamp of doing the instructional segment, so I'm hoping for a similar repeat.

I'm seriously thinking of adopting the "clean eating" Teresa talks about in her book and in the pamphlet that comes w/the videos (God Made/Man Made). Has anyone adopted this eating plan while doing WW?

Anyway, I ordered the second part of the Total Workout this morning, so I'm looking forward to some new exercises. Here's hoping my knees won't suffer as much from T-Tapp as they did from "the Shred."

Back to Top View vmalott's Profile Search for other posts by vmalott Visit vmalott's Homepage

Angie Mc
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Posted: Feb 09 2010 at 4:26pm | IP Logged Quote Angie Mc

You look fabulous in your new picture, Valerie!

I'm still doing TTapp and yesterday ordered the TTapp Step Away the Inches DVD, old label with Valentine discount. I want some variety and am hoping this will do it!

Before TTapp I was doing Leslie Sansone, prefer TTapp, but the title "Walk Your Belly Flat" has my attention. Since I'm only doing TTapp for 15 minutes a day, my belly isn't getting the kind of attention that it apparently needs .

Any other flat belly ideas?

Love,

Back to Top View Angie Mc's Profile Search for other posts by Angie Mc Visit Angie Mc's Homepage

Natalia
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Feb 09 2010 at 4:41pm | IP Logged Quote Natalia

Angie,

Have you try the exercise for flattening the belly on the DVD that comes with the book? I haven't tried it consistently but Teresa swears by it .

Back to Top View Natalia's Profile Search for other posts by Natalia

Angie Mc
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Posted: Feb 09 2010 at 4:48pm | IP Logged Quote Angie Mc

Natalia wrote:
Angie,

Have you try the exercise for flattening the belly on the DVD that comes with the book? I haven't tried it consistently but Teresa swears by it .

No ugh! I didn't watch it when I first purchased the book and now the DVD missing in action. Dear St. Anthony... Thanks for reminding me, Natalia .

Love,

Back to Top View Angie Mc's Profile Search for other posts by Angie Mc Visit Angie Mc's Homepage

CrunchyMom
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Feb 09 2010 at 4:52pm | IP Logged Quote CrunchyMom

My husband was T-Tapping with me for a few days, but then the snow came, and he doesn't feel much like T-Tapping after shoveling snow for 4 hours. Wimp

I'm the real wimp because I don't like doing it alone, but hopefully he will do it with me tonight and I can start over...again.

[URL=http://mysymphonygarden.blogspot.com/]Lost in the Cosmos[/UR
Back to Top View CrunchyMom's Profile Search for other posts by CrunchyMom

SusanJ
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Feb 09 2010 at 5:03pm | IP Logged Quote SusanJ

I had been pretty consistent all the way through Christmas until my MIL came to visit for a week in early January. Right after that we all got a cold and I was coughing so hard that I pulled a muscle in my rib cage. Anyone ever do that? The pain was incredible. It still hurts quite a bit if I sneeze or do too much in one day.

So, that means I haven't been working out at all. I did, however, finally start seeing miniscule results. I've been much better at my diet since the Christmas goodies disappeared and my measurements are creeping down. Two whole inches gone off my waist in four weeks.

But I do need to get exercising again for the energy and discipline and strength. Should we start a fresh thread? With Lent coming it might be a good time to establish new goals.

Gloria JMJ
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Feb 09 2010 at 5:36pm | IP Logged Quote Gloria JMJ

The low carb thread has lots of good high protien snack ideas.
A new thread for Lent would be fine with me .

Angie Mc
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Posted: Feb 12 2010 at 7:05pm | IP Logged Quote Angie Mc

Angie Mc wrote:
Natalia wrote:
Angie,

No ugh! I didn't watch it when I first purchased the book and now the DVD is missing in action. Dear St. Anthony... Thanks for reminding me, Natalia .

Love,

Found it! Thanks again, Natalia, for the reminder and thank you St. Anthony! Now...let's see if I can actually do it .

Love,

Maddie
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Feb 12 2010 at 7:21pm | IP Logged Quote Maddie

Yeah, a new thread would be great, I missed most of the posts after I inquired how everyone was doing.

I've walked 12 miles this week, my goal is 20 by Sunday. I walked 5 miles yesterday, hot dog!

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

<< Prev Page of 4
  [Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version