Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Our Lady of Good Remedy and Care (Forum Locked Forum Locked)
 4Real Forums : Our Lady of Good Remedy and Care
Subject Topic: Holiday Exercise Buddies--Yes, you can! Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
4 lads mom
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Online Status: Offline
Posted: Dec 05 2009 at 6:11pm | IP Logged Quote 4 lads mom

I didn't have a Snickers today....that's progress....now off to make cookies --got to have something for St. Nick's day tomorrow!, in those shoes. (okay, off to the side of the shoes)

Gloria, I actually walk in front of my TV...Leslie Sansone's "Walking Away the Pounds". I have to say, after doing this pretty consistently for two weeks....I am getting a little annoyed with her giggle.....I am.....really....I might see if there are any other walk videos out there, with six inches of snow, and Lily's surgery next week, I don't see getting out any time soon to work out. I could trade off....I do like Leslie's workouts....THe ones I have are some from 2001 and earlier....I should try some of the newer ones. Oh, I hate working out, but I am thinking I would hate diabetes and heart disease more....and I want to fit into some nice clothes, being overweight and 5'1" makes it difficult to find clothes.

Your Sister in Fearless Exercise!!

ps--Maddie, you had a hard week....hang in there, next week will be easier!!!

SusanJ
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Dec 08 2009 at 1:02pm | IP Logged Quote SusanJ

Oof. I just finished my first time all the way through T-Tapp's Step Away the Inches workout. I am just dripping in sweat! I'll be surprised if I don't start seeing results now that I'm adding this in! But now I have to shower in the middle of the day. I'm alternating this with the Total Workout for now. Although getting all the way through TWO is a little bit dependent on my kids. Yesterday I made it through 40 minutes with two breaks to get kids up from naps.

How is everyone else doing?

Back to Top View SusanJ's Profile Search for other posts by SusanJ Visit SusanJ's Homepage

Gloria JMJ
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Dec 09 2009 at 12:53am | IP Logged Quote Gloria JMJ

today, but were fighting a micro-enemy and it was a feast day (happy feast of the Immaculate Conception everyone!)so double whammy. The good news is...
Tomorrow is a new day !

DominaCaeli
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Dec 09 2009 at 9:25am | IP Logged Quote DominaCaeli

The whole family came down with a cold just after Thanksgiving, so I haven't run since Thanksgiving Saturday. Hoping to get back on track tomorrow morning, though! I used to run through illnesses, but I've found now that especially when I'm pregnant, I get through them so much faster if I spend as much time as possible resting. So extra sleep it is! It's going to be hard waking up early tomorrow morning, that's for sure.

Susan, it sounds like you have been doing great!

Mommy to six: three boys (8, 4, newborn) and four girls (7, 5, 2, and 1)
Back to Top View DominaCaeli's Profile Search for other posts by DominaCaeli

SusanJ
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Dec 09 2009 at 10:02am | IP Logged Quote SusanJ

Tomorrow is a new day, Gloria! Just start again. Easy for me to say, of course. I've have been doing really well the last month or so but I'm a very all-or-nothing personality. I'm afraid to take even one day off lest I get completely derailed. I did take this past Sunday off and I may do that every week going forward.

Back to Top View SusanJ's Profile Search for other posts by SusanJ Visit SusanJ's Homepage

Christine
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Dec 09 2009 at 4:23pm | IP Logged Quote Christine

I haven't exercised in over a week because my right arm has been hurting. I am assuming it is a pinched nerve.

I am putting our youngest down for a nap and I just heard my second youngest daughter telling her little brothers:

"Now stand up straight, put your shoulders back, and don't forget to tuck, tuck, tuck."

Pretty Lilla Rose
Back to Top View Christine's Profile Search for other posts by Christine Visit Christine's Homepage

SusanJ
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Dec 09 2009 at 4:32pm | IP Logged Quote SusanJ

That is so funny, Christine. My 3yo has been following all her instructions with "ready, begin."

Angie Mc
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Posted: Dec 10 2009 at 6:00pm | IP Logged Quote Angie Mc

I'm on and off...on and off...what's with December?! I'm back on today and bumping this in the hopes of supporting another doing-a-lot-in-December mom to exercise today, too!

How are you all doing?

Loev,

Back to Top View Angie Mc's Profile Search for other posts by Angie Mc Visit Angie Mc's Homepage

Maddie
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Dec 12 2009 at 7:46am | IP Logged Quote Maddie

Happiness is:

Putting on your XL skirt and it is too big for you!!!

Hot dog!

SusanJ
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Dec 12 2009 at 8:49am | IP Logged Quote SusanJ

Yea, Maddie! That's so encouraging. I've been taking my measurements every Sunday and I'm a little bit dreading it tomorrow as I haven't seen any results yet. But I've been enjoying the T-Tapp Step Away workout and yesterday and I got all the way to the end of the Total Workout for the first time in a couple weeks so I feel like I'm really back on track now. Though, honestly, my track record with exercise is so very bad that just having "shown up" every day is a huge achievement.

Anyone else?

4 lads mom
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Dec 12 2009 at 3:40pm | IP Logged Quote 4 lads mom

Well, after a very hard week last week.....I started again this morning, Saturday.....I never exercise on Saturday, but I had to, after consuming more carbs than a body is ever suppose to......I did the walking away the pounds with WEIGHTS today.....WOOHOO, go ME!!!! That would be extra weights...not just the thirty pounds of flab on my upper arms. I am committed to doing my workout every day this coming week, up to Lily's new surgery date on Friday. I know it will help, I am so prone to eating carbs and fat when it is cold and dark out.....it was SUNNY today, and that helped me a lot!!

Maddie, ( or anyone), have you done Leslie's walk DVD that is FIVE miles?? I saw it at Target today, but wasn't sure if it was an old or not. The older ones annoy me more. Which DVD is your favorite, if you are using Walking Away the Pounds?

My crafting motto is "Craft Fearlessly".....my exercise motto is, "Ugh....this better work!!"

Maddie
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Dec 12 2009 at 5:17pm | IP Logged Quote Maddie

4 lads mom wrote:
Maddie, ( or anyone), have you done Leslie's walk DVD that is FIVE miles?? I saw it at Target today, but wasn't sure if it was an old or not. The older ones annoy me more. Which DVD is your favorite, if you are using Walking Away the Pounds?

I hated her old videos, I thought they should have muzzled a few of the walkers!

3 mile

1 and 2 mile

are my favorites. I love my stretchy band.

When I brave I have used the four mile walk.

I have an extra copy of the 3 miles VHS if you're interested 4 Lads, I'd be glad to send it too you.

5 miles??? Not anytime soon. Don't tell my kids, they love to set up my walking videos with the 4 mile walk and watch me try to get through it. ("Lift the knee, lift the knee, Mom!") Having a stretchy band in the house comes in pretty handy with cheeky offspring.

Maddie
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Dec 12 2009 at 5:20pm | IP Logged Quote Maddie

1 and 2 mile link repair

4 lads mom
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Dec 15 2009 at 6:47am | IP Logged Quote 4 lads mom

Okay, Girls.....I have done the Walk Away the Pounds Two Mile.....two days in a row.....with weights!!! I'm doing it every day this week, except Friday, when we'll be just a little busy with Lily. Hopefully, I can get back on track, quickly, after her surgery, because I finally feel like I am building some momentum.
How are the rest of all of you doing???

SusanJ
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Dec 15 2009 at 7:00am | IP Logged Quote SusanJ

That's great, 4 lads mom, so much is in the momentum. I'm sure getting in some good exercise will help with stress this week as well.

I'm still at it. I took Sunday off and am alternating all week between the total work out and the step away workout. No appreciable results yet so this week--after three solid weeks of working out--I'm trying to really watch my diet.

Angie Mc
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Posted: Dec 15 2009 at 9:00pm | IP Logged Quote Angie Mc

Susan, have you read Theresa Tapp's book? I read it before I started and it has lots of tips and encouragement. I remember reading lots of stories of women who had to stick with it before results kicked in.

I'm doing well so far this week....sure it's only Tuesday but I thought I'd enjoy the moment with you all .

Keep up the great work, pals. The way I figure it, if we're even trying to exercise during December, we should pat ourselves on the back .

Love,

Back to Top View Angie Mc's Profile Search for other posts by Angie Mc Visit Angie Mc's Homepage

SusanJ
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Dec 16 2009 at 1:06pm | IP Logged Quote SusanJ

I have read the book, Angie, but I skipped most of the testimonials! Maybe it's time to flip through a few of those for encouragement.

4 lads mom
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Dec 16 2009 at 11:11pm | IP Logged Quote 4 lads mom

Angie Mc wrote:
. The way I figure it, if we're even trying to exercise during December, we should pat ourselves on the back .

Amen, Sister!!!!!

SusanJ
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Dec 18 2009 at 11:43am | IP Logged Quote SusanJ

Thanks for watching my back in the chocolate covered thread yesterday, Angie    I said I'd be careful of my diet this week but it's been a struggle. We observe the Ember Days and I have such a hard time fasting--I think I tend to overdo it on the other days.

Angie Mc
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Posted: Dec 18 2009 at 12:06pm | IP Logged Quote Angie Mc

Susan, can I just say "we made gingerbread houses" yesterday without going any further about the yummy candies available for decorating them?    Anyhoo...

I was thinking of you, Susan, and you helped me to remember something I dropped...Theresa Tapp does the primary back stretch every morning when she gets up and right before she goes to bed at night. I need to get back to this and wonder if this can be a piece of helping you to get your desired results. Theresa Tapp said, in her book?, that she will do only this for weeks at a time so there must be something to it!

Love,

<< Prev Page of 4 Next >>
  [Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version