Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Our Lady of Good Remedy and Care (Forum Locked Forum Locked)
 4Real Forums : Our Lady of Good Remedy and Care
Subject Topic: Holiday Exercise Buddies--Yes, you can! Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
Angie Mc
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Online Status: Offline
Posted: Nov 28 2009 at 10:05am | IP Logged Quote Angie Mc

I didn't intent on taking off a few days...well, I'm back on the wagon as of today . Goodness, I feel better.

How are you all doing?

Love,

Back to Top View Angie Mc's Profile Search for other posts by Angie Mc Visit Angie Mc's Homepage

Christine
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Nov 28 2009 at 12:45pm | IP Logged Quote Christine

Keep up the good work, Angie!

Since originally posting, I have done the Basic Workout five times and the Total Workout twice (last Saturday and this morning). Maybe it's in my mind, but I actually feel healthy, despite all of the Thanksgiving food. For a change of pace, on Mondays, I am going to start trying to do the 3 Mile Walk Away the Pounds, instead of T-Tapp. Due to little ones, I might only get 1 mile in, but it's better than nothing.

I hope that everyone else is finding time to workout, too.

Pretty Lilla Rose
Back to Top View Christine's Profile Search for other posts by Christine Visit Christine's Homepage

4 lads mom
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Nov 30 2009 at 8:24am | IP Logged Quote 4 lads mom

Hey, Maddie and All.....I'm in......I started doing Leslie Sansone's workout last week, too!! Gosh, I am in awe, Maddie.....15 miles??? WOW!! I'm a wimp, I'm just starting out.....did the one mile today and I don't have the weights yet, my upper arms sufficed, I'm sure
BUT, I'm doing it every day this week, next week will be tricky, because of Lily's surgery on Tuesday, but I'm going to try to do something when we get home. I HAVE to loose more weight. I am very short, and am carrying waaaayyy too much weight. It is frustrating, I find when I am very sleep deprived, it is harder to loose weight.
I hope to loose 12 pounds....that is my immediate goal, although it isn't what all of the 'charts' say I need to be, but it is where I was at before having all of my kids, so mentally it would be great, and I am sure physically much better as well.

Work Out Fearlessly,Sisters!!!!

SusanJ
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Nov 30 2009 at 2:30pm | IP Logged Quote SusanJ

I was away from my computer all last week but I did manage to continue my T-Tapp bootcamp all the way through Thanksgiving doing the full workout each day. Today was to be Day 10 (I was trying for 14) and I woke up this morning very, very sick. I'm starting to perk up a bit so I might attempt the 15-minute workout this evening but dh probably will make me go to bed

This is now pretty much the longest I've ever stuck with a good workout so I'm hoping I don't stay sick too long!

I'm so impressed by you ladies who walk each day. How do you fit in that much walking? The T-Tapp videos are working out for me because I can do them even if my kids are up.

Back to Top View SusanJ's Profile Search for other posts by SusanJ Visit SusanJ's Homepage

Angie Mc
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Posted: Nov 30 2009 at 2:45pm | IP Logged Quote Angie Mc

I'm sorry you're sick, Susan, and I'm praying for a speedy recovery. Good for you and your bootcamp - I'm impressed!

Just wanted to mention that I have t-tapped my way through illness. If I can stand, I t-tapp. I may need to slow it down or do fewer repetitions, but I do my 15 minutes and I believe I've recovered more quickly. I'm growing more convinced that the lymphatic system - and straigtening it through t-tapp - is very helpful to flush out toxins, to include stuff that makes us ill. This is just my theory, though .

Love,

Back to Top View Angie Mc's Profile Search for other posts by Angie Mc Visit Angie Mc's Homepage

SusanJ
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Nov 30 2009 at 3:22pm | IP Logged Quote SusanJ

Thanks for that encouragement, Angie. I was sort of thinking that even a little workout would be good. I can't really stand right now but dh is bringing some dinner home and I kind of think I just need to eat and then I'll be a lot better.

I was sort of wondering if T-Tapp caused this illness. I felt great last night. I felt like it was a big breakthrough as far as "getting" the workout went. Then I woke up this morning with a massive headache, chills, and vomiting. The rest of the family is perfectly healthy. Maybe I did finally get it and my lymphatic system dumped everything out of me all at once!

Back to Top View SusanJ's Profile Search for other posts by SusanJ Visit SusanJ's Homepage

SusanJ
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Dec 01 2009 at 8:15pm | IP Logged Quote SusanJ

Okay, inspire me with your successes, ladies! I was feeling pretty good this morning and did our huge monthly grocery run today. I just set out to workout this evening and lasted less than ten minutes. Sometimes I don't want to know what's hiding in my lymphatic system

Back at it, tomorrow. At least I "showed up" this evening and forming the habit is one of my biggest obstacles.

4 lads mom
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Dec 01 2009 at 8:57pm | IP Logged Quote 4 lads mom

Hey, Susan.....I guess I wouldn't jump to the assumption that this is only lymphatic kind of stuff. You really could have a virus, in which I wouldn't push it. I really admire your determination!! Make sure you are staying well hydrated.

I did Leslie Sansone's kick boxing workout....good grief. My hips don't like to move sideways with my arms flailing around I had a lot of sciatica today....think I'll stick to the walking with gentle arm movements. I struggle with my arthritis flaring up as I am trying to get these workouts done. I know working out is suppose to keep you limber and such, but I often ache a lot more afterwards. I'm going to stick to those walking workouts that I feel okay afterwards, not in a lot of pain.

Thanks for the thread, Susan!!!! Your "habit" formation is inspiring!!

Angie Mc
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Posted: Dec 01 2009 at 10:07pm | IP Logged Quote Angie Mc

SusanJ wrote:
Back at it, tomorrow. At least I "showed up" this evening and forming the habit is one of my biggest obstacles.

You are right, Susan. At first I really hated exercising in the morning - my fave time of the day - and really wanted to do it in the afternoon - my sluggish time - but in the end, my habit has been to do it in the morning before breakfast. I hope you keep feeling better.

4Lads, I've had to make adjustments too about doing just enough to feel better and not to overdue to the point of feeling badly. Although, I am having a little picturing your flailing arms!

Sheesh...this is all so humbling, isn't it?

Keep up the good work, all!

Love,

Gloria JMJ
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Dec 02 2009 at 10:31am | IP Logged Quote Gloria JMJ

Jumping in for some encouragement here. I don't have a plan ,maybe just walking, but I really need to do SOMETHING other that type . Little ones are hard to exercise with though, especially when 1/2 mile takes 20 min., more of a mosey than a walk . With all of your encouragement, and the thread on eliminating sugar, maybe I'll have some firmness to a new years resolution .
to all of you and the awesome efforts you are putting out!

Angie Mc
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Posted: Dec 03 2009 at 2:46pm | IP Logged Quote Angie Mc

...jump on in!

I missed yesterday *because I didn't do it first thing in the morning* then completely forgot about it . So I'm bumping this as a reminder to others...go exercise!

I'm done for today - yea.

Love,

SusanJ
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Dec 03 2009 at 2:55pm | IP Logged Quote SusanJ

I just finished myself! Today was my last official day of bootcamp though my workouts at the beginning of the week were all short due to illness. And today my baby woke up early just as I finished the basic. Very frustrating.

Dh is concerned about me working out every day. He says you're "not supposed to." But I don't think I'll stick with it if I don't do it every day. So I'm thinking of just following her outline in the book going forward and switching to an every-other-day schedule doing the total workout on the "on" days and something shorter on the "off" days. I have two different basics and a step program I haven't looked at yet.

Is it counter-productive to workout every day?

Angie Mc
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Posted: Dec 03 2009 at 5:55pm | IP Logged Quote Angie Mc

Susan!

SusanJ wrote:

I'm no expert for sure...but I think I'm close when I say that the athletes in my family will alternate cardio work outs on one day and weight training on the other - to the tune of about an hour a day. What I'm doing for 15 minutes a day is more like a non-stress stretch for me. Ideally, I would like to alternate an hour a day of exercise between T-Tapp and something else...but for now...I can only do my 15 minutes a day.

Love,

4 lads mom
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Dec 04 2009 at 6:20pm | IP Logged Quote 4 lads mom

Okay, I am still at it, Girls. I have done Leslie Sansone's walking workout every day this week, except yesterday when I had to take the crew three hours away for medical appts.
I feel more "toned" this week....but no weight loss. I really want to lose weight. BUT, that is hard when I am up a lot at night, big sleep deprivation...etc....so I figured I will just keep at getting "healthier" by working out, and eventually I hope the weight starts to budge. When I am tired, I eat more carbs, that is part of the problem.

Maddie
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Dec 04 2009 at 6:25pm | IP Logged Quote Maddie

Hey 4 Lads,

I found using a fabric measuring tape to measure my waist much more effective then the scale. Watching the inches drop goes much faster then the pounds.

Gloria JMJ
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Dec 05 2009 at 1:06am | IP Logged Quote Gloria JMJ

SusanJ wrote:

He may be thinking of training for competition. I remember that weight training should be done every other day to rest the muscles, so my teacher would have us do upper body one day and lower body the next. If you have two different program videos it may do the same type of thing, just mix up your exercises a bit so that your muscles don't know what to expect. It might even help you keep out of a rut .

Allright, I'm getting up early tomorrow; even if I have to put the baby in the pack!

4 lads mom
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Dec 05 2009 at 7:32am | IP Logged Quote 4 lads mom

Maddie wrote:
Hey 4 Lads,

I found using a fabric measuring tape to measure my waist much more effective then the scale. Watching the inches drop goes much faster then the pounds.

Off to measure.....I need the encouragement. I did my workout today....every day this week but Thursday....woohoo!!!! Me!!!

SusanJ
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Dec 05 2009 at 1:24pm | IP Logged Quote SusanJ

Great, 4Lads Mom! That's awesome consistency for something you need to go out for (that's a HUGE obstacle for me!).

Gloria, did you get out this morning?

I just finished my workout and them did my measurements. I've been at this for just over two weeks and my measurements haven't really budged. I've made incremental shifts down AND up all over. Kind of frustrating. I can't even really say that I feel better! I can say that the discipline of working out each day has been good for everything else in my life. That's something, anyway!

I'm determined to keep at it. I've read more than one place that if your body hasn't been fit for awhile it can take up to three weeks to start seeing improvement.

Maddie
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Dec 05 2009 at 1:30pm | IP Logged Quote Maddie

Eating baklava today...

Mint Hersey's kisses last night...

But Monday I'll be back on track.

Gloria JMJ
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Dec 05 2009 at 3:21pm | IP Logged Quote Gloria JMJ

Thank you for asking,Susan! I didn't get out because of everyone came down with something and (excuse, excuse, excuse)

Anyway, I've heard that your muscles will store fat, and that fat is the first to burn off, so it won't show in inches untill it's gone.

Keep up the good work and Thanks for the reminder, I'll try to sneak out this afternoon .

<< Prev Page of 4 Next >>
  [Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version