Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
We Pray to the Lord
 4Real Forums : We Pray to the Lord
Subject Topic: Feeling crushed Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
Nina Murphy
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Online Status: Offline
Posted: Nov 16 2009 at 3:58pm | IP Logged Quote Nina Murphy

Dear Amy, Sister in Christ! Right there with ya, lady. Hold on, okay?----Tomorrow may not be BETTER....but it will at least be *different*.....there is something else waiting for you around the corner. That is sometimes what I hold on to: going to sleep and waking up the next day!   

God loves you, even though you do not feeeeeeeeeeeeeel it. Praying for you!

and 2 yet-to-be-met
Back to Top View Nina Murphy's Profile Search for other posts by Nina Murphy

stefoodie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Nov 16 2009 at 4:07pm | IP Logged Quote stefoodie

amy, i am praying for you.

mom to five
Back to Top View stefoodie's Profile Search for other posts by stefoodie Visit stefoodie's Homepage

crusermom
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Nov 16 2009 at 5:33pm | IP Logged Quote crusermom

Praying for you.

Army wife and Crusermom to 8 wonderful children!
Back to Top View crusermom's Profile Search for other posts by crusermom

folklaur
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Nov 16 2009 at 6:10pm | IP Logged Quote folklaur

sending prayers, Amy!
Back to Top View folklaur's Profile Search for other posts by folklaur

jenk
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: Nov 16 2009 at 8:05pm | IP Logged Quote jenk

Praying for you, for resolution and, meanwhile, peace in the midst.

MaryM
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Posted: Nov 16 2009 at 8:21pm | IP Logged Quote MaryM

Praying for you Amy, dear.

Our Domestic Church
Back to Top View MaryM's Profile Search for other posts by MaryM Visit MaryM's Homepage

RamFam
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: Nov 16 2009 at 9:05pm | IP Logged Quote RamFam

Amy,
I know how you feel. I was (or maybe am) there and I sold out and started working in the mornings while my husband is home with the kids.
I know you feel lonely, but know that I am joining you in your prayers for strength, support, wisdom, and a listening ear.

Pax,

Back to Top View RamFam's Profile Search for other posts by RamFam Visit RamFam's Homepage

Mackfam
Board Moderator
Board Moderator
Non Nobis

Posted: Nov 16 2009 at 11:37pm | IP Logged Quote Mackfam

Oh, Amy I'm so glad you posted and didn't delete a 6th time!!!! There is so much power in prayer...it can be a conduit of such grace!

Loneliness feels isolating, but we're holding you in prayer - you're not alone. Feeling crushed is not foreign to me either. May Our Lady, whose peace must have surely been threatened by thoughts and insecurities on that hasty flight into Egypt, be your gentle and constant companion as you ponder in your heart.

Back to Top View Mackfam's Profile Search for other posts by Mackfam Visit Mackfam's Homepage

Gloria JMJ
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Nov 17 2009 at 1:48am | IP Logged Quote Gloria JMJ

Amy,
God may be calling on you to do something to turn this around. I couldn't say what, but I had a similar thing happen to me and God was calling me to push past or get over something that was holding me back. I had to ask Him what it was, and He let me know subtly. It is taking me a while to get through it, but I'm learning. I have had to deal with the isolation too and can say that having all of the For Real ladies to come to has been so good for me. I feel for you Amy and pray that God show you the fruits of your labor soon to encourage you to continue on your path.

Angie Mc
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Posted: Nov 17 2009 at 11:16am | IP Logged Quote Angie Mc

I'm glad we are able to suffer together, Amy. I'm pretty convinced that God can simply ask us to carry a mysterious cross...one that we can't fix...often very private...one we can't discuss in detail with others...a cross all alone. I'm praying for you and that you can rest in His great love, mercy, and providence. He loves you very much. That's enough.

"Your reward in heaven will make up completely for all your pain and suffering." St. John Bosco

Love,

Back to Top View Angie Mc's Profile Search for other posts by Angie Mc Visit Angie Mc's Homepage

amyable
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Nov 17 2009 at 12:16pm | IP Logged Quote amyable

Elizabeth's blog post today really spoke to me in my brokenness (esp. the last three paragraphs), I wanted to share it in case it could help anyone else:

Surrender: Find God

Back to Top View amyable's Profile Search for other posts by amyable

Paula in MN
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Nov 17 2009 at 12:38pm | IP Logged Quote Paula in MN

Amy, love, , and prayers.

*Lindsey*
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: Nov 17 2009 at 1:58pm | IP Logged Quote *Lindsey*

Praying for you, Amy.

4 lads mom
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Nov 18 2009 at 9:09pm | IP Logged Quote 4 lads mom

Praying, dear Amy!!!!

Mary G
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Nov 19 2009 at 4:57am | IP Logged Quote Mary G

praying dear Amy ... and may Mary's mantle wrap round you and warm your heart and prayers!

my website that combines my schooling, hand-knits work, writing and everything else in one spot!
Back to Top View Mary G's Profile Search for other posts by Mary G Visit Mary G's Homepage

doris
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Nov 19 2009 at 5:36pm | IP Logged Quote doris

Praying, Amy.

amyable
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Dec 02 2009 at 3:31pm | IP Logged Quote amyable

Sneaking this in here because I don't want to draw any more attention to myself than I already have ...but I just need someone to hold up this particular intention in prayer: today someone (family) I hold dear asked to borrow $3K from me. Then backed off and told me not to tell my dh. We *have* the money, it's in the savings we had towards a new house, that's not the problem. The problem is this person has been horrible with money all his life and has been asking for multiple thousand dollar loans from people for ages. But if I DON'T give it to him, he and his family suffers.   Basically I'm furious that we have lived with borrowed/yucky furniture, never going out, etc in order to have this savings, and he can spend willy-nilly and have everyone else pay the price...if not with money, then with withdrawl of his love, etc if we don't "give".   Plus, one of the virtues I hold most dear is generosity. It hurts me to give the money, and it hurts me NOT to give. I want to crawl in a hole. And I can't even tell my dh why.

Thanks for listening. Sorry to dump, but I'm desperate for someone to listen and understand.

Back to Top View amyable's Profile Search for other posts by amyable

Tina P.
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Dec 02 2009 at 3:40pm | IP Logged Quote Tina P.

Oh, Amy. Wish I was there to support you. I have absolutely NO problem telling people "no" when it comes to money. That's called leeching and it's very bad not only to you but for that person. That person takes no responsibility for how he uses his money. And he abuses his family in the process. If he "withdraws his love" so be it. In the end, he'll respect you more if you stand firm. Lots of . I know you'll do the right thing for him and for your family. It's not that you're stingy, it's that you're helping him learn how to be responsible and the only way he can do that is by taking control of his own finances.

hylabrook1
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Dec 02 2009 at 3:57pm | IP Logged Quote hylabrook1

Amy,

and, otherwise, what Tina said. Praying for clear discernment about what you should do.

Peace,
Nancy
Back to Top View hylabrook1's Profile Search for other posts by hylabrook1

Mackfam
Board Moderator
Board Moderator
Non Nobis

Posted: Dec 02 2009 at 4:07pm | IP Logged Quote Mackfam

Oh, Amy...I've been thinking of you!

First, I will pray!!!!! May God's will always and everywhere be done!

You have such a generous spirit, Amy, and I'm not the only one that senses and notices that!!! Your family member is manipulating your generosity. "Withdrawing love or affection" is a manipulation technique and is generally indicative to me that a healthy request has not been made. Sometimes the charitable answer lies in the difficulty of saying, "no". Your responsibility lies first with your ability to provide shelter and sustenance for your immediate family. The generosity is offered in the sincerity of your no - "No, you must stand on your own here. And, I'm going to help you."   

Discern together with your husband regarding this request, and I pray peace will be yours regardless of the answer you must give.

Know that I'm calling on the Holy Spirit to flood you and your dh with wisdom and understanding so that you are both illuminated with His plan for this family member and for your own family.

Peace and to you, dearest Amy!!!! You know you can come to us any time, girlfriend!!!

Back to Top View Mackfam's Profile Search for other posts by Mackfam Visit Mackfam's Homepage

<< Prev Page of 3 Next >>
  [Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version