Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Domestic Church
 4Real Forums : Domestic Church
Subject Topic: Advent Hymns Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
CrunchyMom
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Online Status: Offline
Posted: Dec 01 2012 at 11:32am | IP Logged Quote CrunchyMom

Mackfam wrote:
CrunchyMom wrote:
I got mine, but I haven't listened yet because I am saving it for an action item on our Advent calendar, but Monday...

Would you share your "action item"?   

The reason I ask is because I had such a great time going through my copy of Lauren Ford's The Ageless Story, and coordinating some of the antiphons with the upcoming season of Advent. Then, I went through itunes and found almost all of the Antiphons recorded there and made a little Ageless Story playlist, which I can play coordinated with a particular Feast/Solemnity. For example, on the Solemnity of the Immaculate Conception, I thought it would be lovely to look at the beautiful image of St. Anne in the Garden in Ford's book, while listening to Hodie Egressa (Antiphon at the Magnificat, Dec 8, from the Immaculate Conception).

Anyway, I have several little chants coordinated with Ageless Story and Advent goings-on penciled in as "action items" on my Advent planner....and I wondered if you had done something similar with Advent at Ephesus since you mentioned saving the CD for an "action item" on Monday? Or is it just that you have penciled in Advent music listening time as an "action item"?

Oh, nothing so interesting as that! I just have a little activity for each day of Advent, and Monday is "Make the house sound like Advent," so I'm saving it for that day's activity.

[URL=http://mysymphonygarden.blogspot.com/]Lost in the Cosmos[/UR
Back to Top View CrunchyMom's Profile Search for other posts by CrunchyMom

SuzanneG
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Oct 30 2013 at 10:38pm | IP Logged Quote SuzanneG

Bump, as we start getting ready for Advent.

Please add any other links to favorite advent hymns here!

Back to Top View SuzanneG's Profile Search for other posts by SuzanneG

MaryM
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Posted: Nov 13 2014 at 12:43pm | IP Logged Quote MaryM

Our local chat group is talking Advent music and it made me think of this thread. Bumping a few weeks early to see if there is anything new to add this year.

Our Domestic Church
Back to Top View MaryM's Profile Search for other posts by MaryM Visit MaryM's Homepage

MaryM
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Posted: Dec 03 2014 at 2:37am | IP Logged Quote MaryM

MaryM wrote:
Our local chat group is talking Advent music and it made me think of this thread. Bumping a few weeks early to see if there is anything new to add this year.

Nothing???
Bump again...

Here is a FOCUS blog post from last year with 10 Advent Songs (with video/audio full versions).

Our Domestic Church
Back to Top View MaryM's Profile Search for other posts by MaryM Visit MaryM's Homepage

ekbell
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Dec 03 2014 at 9:44am | IP Logged Quote ekbell

I'm fond of _The Music of Advent and Christmas_ from Madonna House
Back to Top View ekbell's Profile Search for other posts by ekbell

MaryM
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Posted: Dec 04 2014 at 12:33am | IP Logged Quote MaryM

ekbell wrote:
I'm fond of _The Music of Advent and Christmas_ from Madonna House

I saw where you had recommended this one before, so it must be good - do you know if there is some place to be able to listen to audio clips online?

So one of my favorites of the Advent songs is "Gabriel's Message." Here is a version that is new to me, which I just love - by Good Shepherd Band - great voices and harmony

And I found a version in Basque. I knew it was from an old Basque carol (which was based on a medieval tune) but had never heard the Basque version - Birjina gaztetto bat zegoen

Our Domestic Church

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

<< Prev Page of 3
  [Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version