Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Tea and Conversation
 4Real Forums : Tea and Conversation
Subject Topic: Skirt Shopping! Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
anniemm
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Online Status: Offline
Posted: Oct 16 2009 at 11:23am | IP Logged Quote anniemm

Also, I use one of these (a fabulous baby gift from one of my friends - where were these w/ my first nursing experience when I was so timid???) with the dress. It works beautifully.

Mama to four little girls (04), (05), (07), (09),& my 1st little guy 11/11
www.hiswillmypeace.com
Back to Top View anniemm's Profile Search for other posts by anniemm Visit anniemm's Homepage

SusanJ
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Oct 16 2009 at 7:49pm | IP Logged Quote SusanJ

I've seen those nursing covers--they do look really nice. I have a black sling that I usually use when I'm trying to look nicer (as opposed to my Ergo) and that doubles nicely as a nursing cover. I'm just imagining trying to handle a very squirmy 8mo, unbutton a dress, then re-button when he finishes all without making a huge production out of it in Mass, for example. But maybe the obvious solution is to not wear a dress when I'd have to nurse that discreetly. And, sadly, the meadow dress is not avaiable in my size so temptation has been briefly averted

Back to Top View SusanJ's Profile Search for other posts by SusanJ Visit SusanJ's Homepage

CrunchyMom
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Nov 14 2009 at 9:02am | IP Logged Quote CrunchyMom

JodieLyn wrote:
Lindsay.. skip the hooks.. just sew the skirt closed up to the waist (well one button below the waist so you can still get it on.

I do this with most of my button up skirts.. I love the way they look but baby toes tend to slip between the buttons and get tangles or are COLD or cause the buttons to undo. don't take off the buttons.. just button it up and sew on either side of hte placket.. and you can either stop at the last button on the bottom or close it clear to the hem.

And if the problem is just that the buttons are too loose.. a couple of stitches to tighten up the buttonholes would do the trick.

Just in case anyone doubted it, Jodie is, in fact, a genius. I just remembered (at a time when I could) to sew my tricky-dress closed. It's like getting a new one! Thanks!

[URL=http://mysymphonygarden.blogspot.com/]Lost in the Cosmos[/UR
Back to Top View CrunchyMom's Profile Search for other posts by CrunchyMom

teachingmyown
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Nov 14 2009 at 10:27am | IP Logged Quote teachingmyown

SuzanneG wrote:

Denim Skirt at Chadwicks

I just have to say "THANK YOU" for this thread and this link!!! I got this skirt and it so great! It is full and soft, and very flattering!

Remembering Today
Back to Top View teachingmyown's Profile Search for other posts by teachingmyown Visit teachingmyown's Homepage

Lisbet
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Nov 14 2009 at 10:47am | IP Logged Quote Lisbet

I have to share this latest find - I have bought 3 skirts in the past two weeks - they are lovely:
New Creation

Abby, 15
Gabe, 13
Isaac, 11
Mary, 10
Sam, 9
Henry, 7
Molly, 6
Mark, 5
Greta, 3
Cecilia born 10.29.10
Josephine born 6.11.12
Back to Top View Lisbet's Profile Search for other posts by Lisbet

SuzanneG
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Nov 14 2009 at 2:27pm | IP Logged Quote SuzanneG

Lisbet wrote:
I have to share this latest find - I have bought 3 skirts in the past two weeks - they are lovely:
New Creation

Great shopping site, Lisa.....they have TONS of great skirts!!!!!!

I've had good luck with ebay again this year....I love to have the actual measurements of a garment, which the stores don't do.

Back to Top View SuzanneG's Profile Search for other posts by SuzanneG

Bookswithtea
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Nov 14 2009 at 6:04pm | IP Logged Quote Bookswithtea

Lisbet, this site is awesome! They even have some skirts long enough for me, and the prices are very reasonable. Thanks for sharing!

~Books

mothering ds'93 dd'97 dd'99 dd'02 ds'05 ds'07 and due 9/10
Back to Top View Bookswithtea's Profile Search for other posts by Bookswithtea

SeaStar
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Nov 16 2009 at 8:05pm | IP Logged Quote SeaStar

If you are looking at that cute denim skirt in the original post at Chadwick's, it's on sale right now for $21.99, and then you can get $15 off that by using the code ch150ff (it's for $15 off a $15 purchase).

SQUILT Music Appreciation
Back to Top View SeaStar's Profile Search for other posts by SeaStar

Christine
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Nov 16 2009 at 9:35pm | IP Logged Quote Christine

SeaStar wrote:
If you are looking at that cute denim skirt in the original post at Chadwick's, it's on sale right now for $21.99, and then you can get $15 off that by using the code ch150ff (it's for $15 off a $15 purchase).

Thank you! I have one of these skirts, but at that price, I had to order another one. Initially, I copied and pasted the code and it did not work. I had to change the 0 (zero) to an o. The code should read ch15off.

Pretty Lilla Rose
Back to Top View Christine's Profile Search for other posts by Christine Visit Christine's Homepage

Sarah M
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Nov 17 2009 at 12:52am | IP Logged Quote Sarah M

Christine wrote:
SeaStar wrote:

Thank you! I have one of these skirts, but at that price, I had to order another one. Initially, I copied and pasted the code and it did not work. I had to change the 0 (zero) to an o. The code should read ch15off.

I just ordered one. That promo code makes the skirt $6.99 (plus shipping)-- what a bargain!
Back to Top View Sarah M's Profile Search for other posts by Sarah M

SeaStar
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Nov 17 2009 at 6:44am | IP Logged Quote SeaStar

Christine wrote:
SeaStar wrote:

Thanks for fixing the code- sorry I posted it wrong!

SQUILT Music Appreciation
Back to Top View SeaStar's Profile Search for other posts by SeaStar

Christine
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Nov 17 2009 at 7:56am | IP Logged Quote Christine

Melinda, please don't apologize. I am so thankful that you shared. I think others are, too.

Pretty Lilla Rose
Back to Top View Christine's Profile Search for other posts by Christine Visit Christine's Homepage

juststartn
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Nov 18 2009 at 7:59pm | IP Logged Quote juststartn

These are my absolutely favorite go-to, year round skirts...

http://www.bedfordfair.com/catalog/product.jsp?productId=247 60

They also have them in other colors--I like the khaki. I have two. Both are stained (paint and a blue sharpie in the washer...sigh). I also have two denim ones (not stained, of course).

I bought these four two plus years ago. Wear one almost every day. And they have worn like IRON. The pockets are substantial (and if you are like me, you pick up little bits and pieces throughout the day, and need a place to put it. I can carry a tv remote, a phone (landline, not cell!), keys, linking cubes for the saxon math, the twin's cars that they fight over--ALL AT THE SAME TIME!!!.

Seriously. If I was limited to one 'bottom' style for the rest of my life, I'd get these. They work post-partum, early pregnancy, etc, since they have those lovely elastic waists. And if you have to hike them a wee bit during early 'showing', well, you can do that--they are nice and long.

It is especially nice to have a solid "base", since then I can put my energy into pretty colors, patterns, and styles, closer to my face.

Rachel

Sophia 4/19/04
John 5/7/07
David 5/7/07
Ava Maria, in the arms of Jesus, 9/5/08
Back to Top View juststartn's Profile Search for other posts by juststartn

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

<< Prev Page of 2
  [Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version