Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Tea and Conversation
 4Real Forums : Tea and Conversation
Subject Topic: Anyone want to go shoe shopping with me? Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
JodieLyn
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Online Status: Offline
Posted: Oct 23 2009 at 12:39pm | IP Logged Quote JodieLyn

Oh wonderful I'm so glad you're happy with the boots too.

All men who have turned out worth anything have had the chief hand in their own education.
-Sir Walter Scott
Back to Top View JodieLyn's Profile Search for other posts by JodieLyn

SeaStar
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Nov 16 2009 at 8:34pm | IP Logged Quote SeaStar

Chiming in late to add that LAnds End Overstocks has TONS of women's shoes in stock right now at great prices.

I got these Mary Janes
For $19.99 with free shipping. They are very comfortable and cute.

SQUILT Music Appreciation
Back to Top View SeaStar's Profile Search for other posts by SeaStar

JennGM
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Jan 26 2010 at 8:58am | IP Logged Quote JennGM

Bumping up this old thread because I just had to ask questions and provide answers.

Susan, what did you end up buying? (I might have missed the update in the 5 pages.) Your criteria is similar to mine. I have very bad pronated arches..which I guess in layman's term is flat feet when I walk. I need lots of support. Dansko is the best for me. I did talk to the saleslady about Sanita vs. Dansko. She said the original owners had a falling out. Sanita has the rights to the original clog, so Dansko has made a few changes, but they aren't drastic. One is that the back has a little curve, rounded heel, whereas Sanita doesn't. She said the Sanita runs a little more narrow, but I didn't find that the case. They are very similar.

I just went shoe shopping yesterday and was just ecstatic to find out that Dansko carries their professional clogs in Narrow. I had no idea! I have loads of feet problems, but when your foot is swimming in the shoe, the support is no help at all. I don't wear thick socks, can't wear wool, and so I couldn't even "make" the shoes fit. I thought I had to go down a size (I bought these when I was pregnant)...but now I know I can buy in narrow. This is what I wear in the house and with pants.

That doesn't solve my Mary Jane problem, because they don't come in narrow. I am really eyeing the Kate Mary Jane for skirts. I have the Marcelle, but again, my feet are swimming in there (and I usually wear bare feet). The Kate looks a little more snug. Anyone try them on to compare?

And Suzanne, I tried on a pair of boots yesterday. I have a pair of Rockport boots -- plain simple black to wear with skirts. Not a high heel. But even with orthotics I cannot wear them for very long. But I tried on Dansko Bella yesterday and it was heavenly. I think I could wear those all day! (and there is a limited amount, but there are on sale here. Just not my size. )

Anyway, I practiced self-control and bought nothing, just doing my research and saving my pennies. I don't buy shoes every year...I wear them out, as it's about function and comfort and support. But as my feet and knees are hurting me all the time (losing some weight of course would help), I need to make some purchases.

Back to Top View JennGM's Profile Search for other posts by JennGM Visit JennGM's Homepage

SusanJ
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Jan 26 2010 at 9:16am | IP Logged Quote SusanJ

Oh, Jenn, I wish I could help. I didn't end up buying anything this year. Every year for three years I've thought, "This is the year I can get good winter boots." But this wan't the year, either. My kids have an intense hatred of shoe shopping (unless it's just me and dd and we're shopping for her) so I've never even gotten to a store to try stuff on. I figured I'd just use the free return feature when it came time to make a purchase. Maybe next year?

Suzanne and I have already settled that whenever I get to the PNW we're going to order a hundred pairs of boots and shoes from Zappos and make a master fit spreadsheet. But you probably don't want to wait around for that

Back to Top View SusanJ's Profile Search for other posts by SusanJ Visit SusanJ's Homepage

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

<< Prev Page of 5
  [Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version