Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Tea and Conversation
 4Real Forums : Tea and Conversation
Subject Topic: Would you think less of me? Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
guitarnan
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Online Status: Offline
Posted: Oct 01 2009 at 9:39pm | IP Logged Quote guitarnan

Would you think less of me if you knew that all of my cars are filled with bizarre miscellaneous items? (Van - boxes of stored items picked up from a friend's house last weekend; sedan - food that is supposed to go to a food bank...you get the idea.) I have Girl Scout and co-op items in my trunk, too, and they just live there between meetings.

sewcrazy
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Oct 01 2009 at 9:49pm | IP Logged Quote sewcrazy

guitarnan wrote:
I have Girl Scout and co-op items in my trunk, too, and they just live there between meetings.

The stuff is supposed to leave the car I would never remember to put it back and it would end up all over my house and I would never find it again before the meeting and and and

Maddie
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Oct 01 2009 at 10:35pm | IP Logged Quote Maddie

I really needed this thread. As someone else said, I'm not nearly as clever as I thought I was! I thought sneaking tiny Easter candy in my apron and eating them in the bathroom was the big time, but a cake (ETA: oops, it was dutch chocolate ice cream, but why not a cake?)?! My little guys can smell chocolate on me a mile away, so I always have to brush my teeth afterwards.

I certainly do not think less of any of you!

folklaur
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Oct 02 2009 at 1:12am | IP Logged Quote folklaur

crusermom wrote:
Would you think less of me if you knew I listened to the Ramones on my ipod?

i wouldn't - and you are braver than i am - i was going to do a "my favorite band is..." and i totally chickened out!
Back to Top View folklaur's Profile Search for other posts by folklaur

SharonO
Forum Rookie
Forum Rookie

Posted: Oct 02 2009 at 6:47am | IP Logged Quote SharonO

This thread is so funny. My kids are looking at me weird when I am trying to contain my giggles because I see myself in so many of these posts.

Anyway, would you think less of me if I told you my 13 year old daughter is a better housekeeper than I am.

Or

that I often take naps in the afternoon (and I am not pregnant and my youngest is 8!)

SeaStar
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Oct 02 2009 at 6:51am | IP Logged Quote SeaStar

Ok, ladies- for stealth eating, let us not forget the garage!

It is close to the kitchen (or even better, stash your goodies in the garage freezer- girl scout cookies work really well for this). Then, my goodness, you are just going to take some recycling out to the garage... or get something from the car...

and no one is the wiser

SQUILT Music Appreciation
Back to Top View SeaStar's Profile Search for other posts by SeaStar

Bookswithtea
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Oct 02 2009 at 8:26am | IP Logged Quote Bookswithtea

cactus mouse wrote:
crusermom wrote:
Would you think less of me if you knew I listened to the Ramones on my ipod?

i wouldn't - and you are braver than i am - i was going to do a "my favorite band is..." and i totally chickened out!

Awwwwwwww...now you have to tell us!

~Books

mothering ds'93 dd'97 dd'99 dd'02 ds'05 ds'07 and due 9/10
Back to Top View Bookswithtea's Profile Search for other posts by Bookswithtea

Mimip
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Oct 02 2009 at 8:50am | IP Logged Quote Mimip

Yeah Laura, you got us thinking, how bad could it be????

I thought of another one...

Would you think less of me if I told you that my poor kids don't know Spanish and its my first language???? My mother is so desperate that she bought us Rosetta Stone and I still have not even installed it!

Back to Top View Mimip's Profile Search for other posts by Mimip

stellamaris
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Oct 02 2009 at 9:06am | IP Logged Quote stellamaris

I wouldn't think less of you!
Would you think less of me if you knew I used to take all the children to the local McD's drive-thru, not to eat, just to have a short period of time when they were all buckled up in ONE PLACE and I didn't have to worry, pick up after them, or chase them around? I'd just order a diet coke, drive around burning gas, and then go home.

Great moments in parenting! Pretty pathetic!

Flowing Streams
Back to Top View stellamaris's Profile Search for other posts by stellamaris Visit stellamaris's Homepage

stellamaris
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Oct 02 2009 at 9:08am | IP Logged Quote stellamaris

guitarnan wrote:
Would you think less of me if you knew that all of my cars are filled with bizarre miscellaneous items? (Van - boxes of stored items picked up from a friend's house last weekend; sedan - food that is supposed to go to a food bank...you get the idea.) I have Girl Scout and co-op items in my trunk, too, and they just live there between meetings.

Well, I consider this a survival technique...there you are, out on the road, and with you is an entire closet full of clothes, food and drink for a week, stories to read, cool craft projects...in case you are suddenly stuck in your car in a blizzard for a week, you're good!

It's always a huge problem when my car is actually clean!

Flowing Streams
Back to Top View stellamaris's Profile Search for other posts by stellamaris Visit stellamaris's Homepage

Bookswithtea
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Oct 02 2009 at 9:11am | IP Logged Quote Bookswithtea

stellamaris wrote:
Would you think less of me if you knew I used to take all the children to the local McD's drive-thru, not to eat, just to have a short period of time when they were all buckled up in ONE PLACE and I didn't have to worry, pick up after them, or chase them around? I'd just order a diet coke, drive around burning gas, and then go home.

I wouldn't think less of you. Actually, I have sweet memories of when I only had one 6 mos old baby at home. I was so overwhelmed with trying to figure out how to hold a baby and eat at the same time that a few times a week I would hit the McD's drive through for an egg and cheese biscuit and then drive around because I did know how to drive and eat at the same time, and the baby would fall asleep!

And speaking of drive thru's, would you think less of me if you knew that when I am pg, I always schedule my appt first thing in the morning and then go in without eating first so that I hopefully don't weigh as much...and then thoroughly enjoy a run through a drive thru the minute my 8 am appt is over????

~Books

stellamaris
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Oct 02 2009 at 9:15am | IP Logged Quote stellamaris

Bookswithtea wrote:

And speaking of drive thru's, would you think less of me if you knew that when I am pg, I always schedule my appt first thing in the morning and then go in without eating first so that I hopefully don't weigh as much...and then thoroughly enjoy a run through a drive thru the minute my 8 am appt is over????

Why didn't I think of that??? You clearly have superior planning skills...

Flowing Streams

amyable
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Oct 02 2009 at 9:30am | IP Logged Quote amyable

stellamaris wrote:
just to have a short period of time when they were all buckled up in ONE PLACE and I didn't have to worry, pick up after them, or chase them around? I'd just order a diet coke, drive around burning gas, and then go home.

Bookswithtea wrote:
when I am pg, I always schedule my appt first thing in the morning and then go in without eating first so that I hopefully don't weigh as much...and then thoroughly enjoy a run through a drive thru the minute my 8 am appt is over????

GENIUS!!

Back to Top View amyable's Profile Search for other posts by amyable

LLMom
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Oct 02 2009 at 9:59am | IP Logged Quote LLMom

Today I needed shoe polish for my church shoes. I won't be able to get to the store before Sunday, so I colored the tips of my church shoes with permanent sharpie.    Worked fairly well.

Back to Top View LLMom's Profile Search for other posts by LLMom

Mackfam
Board Moderator
Board Moderator
Non Nobis

Posted: Oct 02 2009 at 10:25am | IP Logged Quote Mackfam

LLMom wrote:
Today I needed shoe polish for my church shoes. I won't be able to get to the store before Sunday, so I colored the tips of my church shoes with permanent sharpie.    Worked fairly well.

I do this ALL.THE.TIME!!!!!

Back to Top View Mackfam's Profile Search for other posts by Mackfam Visit Mackfam's Homepage

Carole N.
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Oct 02 2009 at 11:41am | IP Logged Quote Carole N.

SharonO wrote:

Anyway, would you think less of me if I told you my 13 year old daughter is a better housekeeper than I am.

Or

that I often take naps in the afternoon (and I am not pregnant and my youngest is 8!)

This is so me except my youngest is 14.

Carole N.
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Oct 02 2009 at 11:42am | IP Logged Quote Carole N.

stellamaris wrote:

And this as well!

folklaur
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Oct 02 2009 at 11:42am | IP Logged Quote folklaur

LLMom wrote:
Today I needed shoe polish for my church shoes.

would you think less of me if you knew i didn't own a pair of shoes of the type that would ever need shoe polish?

Back to Top View folklaur's Profile Search for other posts by folklaur

hylabrook1
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Oct 02 2009 at 12:36pm | IP Logged Quote hylabrook1

donnalynn - I am very big on the spoonful of peanutbutter straight from the jar, but I never thought of a detour to the chocolate chip bag between the jar and my mouth! Brilliant!

Laura - your mother's comment about the kids not working in a coal mine is exactly what I've said to rationalize infrequent bathing

Also, on the bathing topic, it's amazing how much surface dirt you can wipe off a child with a diaper wipe (especially from the bottoms of feet). Well, as to the feet, maybe that isn't confined to children.... (I'm just sayin'..)

Peace,
Nancy
Back to Top View hylabrook1's Profile Search for other posts by hylabrook1

Bookswithtea
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Oct 02 2009 at 1:01pm | IP Logged Quote Bookswithtea

amyable wrote:

Bookswithtea wrote:
when I am pg, I always schedule my appt first thing in the morning and then go in without eating first so that I hopefully don't weigh as much...and then thoroughly enjoy a run through a drive thru the minute my 8 am appt is over????

GENIUS!!

I am sooooooooo embarrassed I ever admitted this in public! I feel the need to come back and let y'all know that I do eat very carefully when pg, and I schedule the appts so early that I don't end up eating breakfast any later than I do normally in the morning. I wouldn't do this if the appt. were late enough that the baby needed food.

~Books

<< Prev Page of 7 Next >>
  [Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version