Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Language Arts Come Alive
 4Real Forums : Language Arts Come Alive
Subject Topic: Handwriting Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
CrunchyMom
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Online Status: Offline
Posted: Sept 26 2009 at 7:40pm | IP Logged Quote CrunchyMom

Jennifer, did you ever decide?

I was just agonizing over choices and had finally decided to go with Getty-Dubay, but I saw on Emmanuel Books website that it is going out of print! Now, I am nervous about starting a program that I may not be able to continue.

I'm also considering D'Nealian.

You can also buy practically all the handwriting fonts available here for $50. I kind of wonder if it wouldn't be worth it to pay that once and be able to print out worksheets in whatever method I choose

[URL=http://mysymphonygarden.blogspot.com/]Lost in the Cosmos[/UR
Back to Top View CrunchyMom's Profile Search for other posts by CrunchyMom

Betsy
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Sept 26 2009 at 7:56pm | IP Logged Quote Betsy

Lindsay,
I don't *think* they are going out of print, but just changing printers/suppliers. I just got an post card from the company a few weeks ago saying something like this.

Also, I did purchase the CD that you mentioned. The price is a bit steep, however, I truly use this font almost daily. I typed up all of my dc's copy work and dictation in the Italics font to make it easier to copy. The "font" comes with about twenty options of how to make it look too..ie, basic italics, cursive italics, dashed lines, outlined, italics with lined paper so it's really flexible. You can truly make all the work sheets that you would ever need.
Betsy
Back to Top View Betsy's Profile Search for other posts by Betsy

Karen T
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Sept 28 2009 at 6:57am | IP Logged Quote Karen T

Have you seen Startwrite software? It's similar to the fontware but less $$ - I think it's about $30-35 and in addition to the fonts (not as many as the fontware, but most of the common handwriting ones) you can print paper at all sizes and varieties of lines, plus you can make the letters be solid, dotted, have a red dot to show where to start, etc. I've had it for a few years and used it mostly for Getty-Dubay but recently switched ds to HWoT and love that I can now use it for all his stuff too, esp since it has odd paper.

Karen T
Back to Top View Karen T's Profile Search for other posts by Karen T

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

<< Prev Page of 2
  [Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version