Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Mothering and Family Life (Forum Locked Forum Locked)
 4Real Forums : Mothering and Family Life
Subject Topic: Hotels--how many rooms? Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
KC in TX
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Online Status: Offline
Posted: July 16 2009 at 7:59am | IP Logged Quote KC in TX

We use Country Inn and Suites. They have wonderful suites. When I travel, I don't necessarily want to go to bed with the children so we always try to get suites.

Michaela ('01)
Emma ('03)
Jordan ('05)
And, my 2 angels, Rose ('08) and Mark ('09)

The Cabbage Patch
Back to Top View KC in TX's Profile Search for other posts by KC in TX

stacykay
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: July 16 2009 at 10:49am | IP Logged Quote stacykay

I was thinking about those who have to travel with just one adult, for instance, a military mom, or in my case, when my dad was ill and I took the boys with me while my dh continued working, and none of the children are old enough to be in a room "alone," as LeeAnn mentioned.

I like the adjoining room idea, but it seems the hotels have never been able to accomodate us, as you have to arrive by a certain time to make that request, even though we have reserved our rooms for late arrival.

And I can't imagine how a hotel thinks a parent with twins (or more!) is supposed to care for them properly if they allow just one pack and play. I'll have to ask one of the moms in my group, whose last four dc have been two sets of twins.

Since we will be traveling more to visit ds at school these next four years, I am really enjoying the hotel recommendations!

God Bless,
Stacy in MI
Back to Top View stacykay's Profile Search for other posts by stacykay

JodieLyn
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: July 16 2009 at 1:32pm | IP Logged Quote JodieLyn

I've been told that that adjoining room idea is a no go.. you still must have an adult in each room.. and hotels often won't let families have them for that very reason that the adults would sleep in one room and the kids in the other. We tried that when we were moving 8 yrs ago with only 3 kids but we were going to need to stay in the hotel for a number of weeks and wanted more space.. couldn't do it.. we ended up with a one room L shaped suite that worked out well but.. from what I can find out here.. the adjoining rooms are NOT being rented out as such.

All men who have turned out worth anything have had the chief hand in their own education.
-Sir Walter Scott
Back to Top View JodieLyn's Profile Search for other posts by JodieLyn

Betsy
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: July 17 2009 at 6:46pm | IP Logged Quote Betsy

Thank you to everyone who posted here!!!

The main reason that I posted was due to the ethical/moral issue. I don't know if I resolved much in my mind...but it's nice to know I am not alone and how others have handled it.

I enjoyed some of the quips to use if we book a room in person. I have mostly done online booking where it asks number of adults and kids. I don't feel right not filling out the correct number--although it very frustration when you have an infant that sleeps between you!!!!!!

I also appreciate the recommendations for hotels...some of them I hadn't heard of (yes, I do come out from under my rock occasionally! )

Big picture, we don't travel much so we probably just need to budget for a 2 bedroom suite or find other sleeping arrangements.

Thanks so much!!!
Betsy
Back to Top View Betsy's Profile Search for other posts by Betsy

Matilda
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: July 18 2009 at 9:00am | IP Logged Quote Matilda

If you do find yourself in a situation where two separate rooms are the only option, I know that the hotels won't condone putting minor children in a room alone; however, putting the wife in one room with some of the children and the husband in the other room with the rest of the children might be a circumstance that a hotel would be willing to offer a discount for especially if you are accepting these arrangements in an attempt to abide by their policy. It doesn't hurt to ask.

Waltzing Matilda
Back to Top View Matilda's Profile Search for other posts by Matilda

Betsy
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: July 18 2009 at 1:14pm | IP Logged Quote Betsy

Matilda wrote:
If you do find yourself in a situation where two separate rooms are the only option, I know that the hotels won't condone putting minor children in a room alone; however, putting the wife in one room with some of the children and the husband in the other room with the rest of the children might be a circumstance that a hotel would be willing to offer a discount for especially if you are accepting these arrangements in an attempt to abide by their policy. It doesn't hurt to ask.

Good point...
Betsy
Back to Top View Betsy's Profile Search for other posts by Betsy

Sorry, you cannot post a reply to this topic.
This forum has been locked by a forum administrator.

<< Prev Page of 2
  [Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version