Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Our Lady of Good Remedy and Care
 4Real Forums : Our Lady of Good Remedy and Care
Subject Topic: July Exercise Buddies - Yes You Can! Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
Angie Mc
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Online Status: Offline
Posted: July 27 2009 at 6:01pm | IP Logged Quote Angie Mc

Jenn Sal wrote:
Angie,
Try doing it with your 2yo next to you insisting on wearing her black paten leather church shoes!    My 5yo son only jumps in for the hoe-downs. It's a riot!

I can so see this .

Dd and I have started paying ourselves a penny a minute - 15 cents a day - for doing T-Tapp. With the pot, we're going to buy a luxury gourmet food . We have 60 cents so far .

Anyone else rewarding themselves for exercise well done?

ETA: exercised today, how about you?

Love,

Back to Top View Angie Mc's Profile Search for other posts by Angie Mc Visit Angie Mc's Homepage

JennGM
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: July 27 2009 at 6:24pm | IP Logged Quote JennGM

Angie Mc wrote:
Angie Mc wrote:
PRINCIPLES TO HELP REACH FORMAL EXERCISE GOALS:

Exercising 15 minutes a day is better than not exercising at all.

Exercise 15 minutes every day except Sunday.

Exercise as early in the day as possible.

I'll add...

Exercising with a partner can help with motivation, accountability, and distraction . (I'm doing it with my 2 funny teens .)

Love,

These principles are motivating me. I get discouraged and self-conscious easily. I have stopped routines because someone has criticized they weren't challenging enough, even though I was really enjoying it. How's that for too much human respect?

I also wasn't comfortable doing it front of anyone, but the past week I've started doing it in front of my boys, and it's not too bad. They are great cheerleaders.

I did my T-Tapp before dinner. Always good to check this off for a Monday!

Back to Top View JennGM's Profile Search for other posts by JennGM Visit JennGM's Homepage

JennGM
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: July 27 2009 at 6:27pm | IP Logged Quote JennGM

Angie Mc wrote:
Dd and I have started paying ourselves a penny a minute - 15 cents a day - for doing T-Tapp. With the pot, we're going to buy a luxury gourmet food . We have 60 cents so far .

I need to reach a goal of maybe 2 weeks' worth of exercise before I'll reward myself. Clothes or books?

Back to Top View JennGM's Profile Search for other posts by JennGM Visit JennGM's Homepage

Mackfam
Board Moderator
Board Moderator
Non Nobis

Posted: July 27 2009 at 6:35pm | IP Logged Quote Mackfam

JennGM wrote:
Angie Mc wrote:

I need to reach a goal of maybe 2 weeks' worth of exercise before I'll reward myself. Clothes or books?

Both?

Back to Top View Mackfam's Profile Search for other posts by Mackfam Visit Mackfam's Homepage

CandaceC
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: July 27 2009 at 9:22pm | IP Logged Quote CandaceC

Ok ladies, I read this thread and then the really long one from back in Feb...and I went and purchased 2 of the clearance DVD's!

I hope they are as successful for me as they have been for all of you! (if not, I'm coming here to complain! LOL! just teasing!)

I have heard so many good things about t-tapp, here and from a few other ladies...I'm hoping and praying this will be good for me!!

Thanks for the inspiration. Hopefully my dvds will get here soon!!

His Mercy Is New
Back to Top View CandaceC's Profile Search for other posts by CandaceC Visit CandaceC's Homepage

Angie Mc
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Posted: July 27 2009 at 10:43pm | IP Logged Quote Angie Mc

Welcome aboard, Candace! Have fun and let us know how we can support you .

Love,

Back to Top View Angie Mc's Profile Search for other posts by Angie Mc Visit Angie Mc's Homepage

Angie Mc
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Posted: July 28 2009 at 10:26am | IP Logged Quote Angie Mc

JennGM wrote:
[These principles are motivating me. I get discouraged and self-conscious easily. I have stopped routines because someone has criticized they weren't challenging enough, even though I was really enjoying it. How's that for too much human respect?

I also wasn't comfortable doing it front of anyone, but the past week I've started doing it in front of my boys, and it's not too bad. They are great cheerleaders.

I did my T-Tapp before dinner. Always good to check this off for a Monday!

I live in a home full of athletes and take a bit of ribbing about my 15 minute girl exercise . That's fine...one of my athletes has joined in on his own accord but his participation is top secret, so don't tell his baseball team .

I also don't like doing formal exercise in front of others. I tried to go to gyms when I was younger - and fit too - but I just didn't like it. My dh finds being with others motivating. I find it distracting. But if I wait to be alone at home to exercise - it ain't happenin! A happy outcome is now since others in my home see me doing it, it is easy for them to join in.

BTW...I'm done for the day! How about you all? Come on, now...let's finish up July with a bang .

Love,

Matilda
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: July 28 2009 at 10:48am | IP Logged Quote Matilda

Sorry I haven't been posting here but we've been busy. I have been doing lots of walking, but hadn't had a chance to do any "official" exercise at home. I did get up today and do a 30 minute DVD and I am proud of myself for that because sometimes, when crisis causes interruption to my schedule, exercise is usually the first thing to get dropped and not picked back up. I'm not letting myself do that this time. It's back to exercising as normal and doing it first thing in the morning too. It really does make me stay more active all day and makes me watch my food intake. Thanks ladies!

Waltzing Matilda
Back to Top View Matilda's Profile Search for other posts by Matilda

insegnante
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: July 28 2009 at 11:31am | IP Logged Quote insegnante

I haven't been doing any exercise (including exercise walks.) I don't feel too bad about it because the things I've been doing instead haven't been a frivolous lazy waste of time even if I am not as physically active as if I set time aside specifically for exercise. In the past sometimes not taking that exercise walk would have meant just sitting around. I know this thread is about exercise and not eating/weight loss, but I will mention I seem to be losing weight again and am at my lowest weight since May 20.

Angie Mc
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Posted: July 30 2009 at 11:01am | IP Logged Quote Angie Mc

Awesome Charlotte and Theresa!

insegnante wrote:
In the past sometimes not taking that exercise walk would have meant just sitting around....

Theresa, you are on to something really important here...moving! We need to keep moving throughout the day. I think little things like having time limits for optional sitting activities (computer, t.v., etc.) helps. One of the things I like about T-Tapp is that it straightens out my body, especially the lymphatic system, which makes all of my other movements throughout the day more efficient. That's another reason to do T-Tapp early in the day for me.

I T-Tapped yesterday and today . How are you doing?

Does anyone else want to join in on the sophisticated "pay yourself a penny per minute of exercise" motivational program? Then we can share what cool things we treat ourselves to. Dd and I have our eyes on a Mozzarella con Prosciutto Roll like this one we found locally.

Keep up the good work, all!

Love,

Mackfam
Board Moderator
Board Moderator
Non Nobis

Posted: July 30 2009 at 11:11am | IP Logged Quote Mackfam

I'm still rolling along girls...keep up the good work!

I made a deal with myself...since Saturdays are my big housecleaning day and I'm vacuuming, swishing toilets , and generally moving ALL.DAY.LONG I gave myself the day off from TTapping...so I Tapp on M-F.   

Hmmmmm....how shall I reward myself? A pretty new apron? Oh, I know...I shall save my pennies for a trip to the flea market...I've been wishing we had a set of demi-tasse (did I spell that right?) cups for teatimes here - they're like pretty little espresso size teacups with saucer. My mom has the prettiest set with wildflowers...maybe I'll save my pennies to go to the fleamarket!

Back to Top View Mackfam's Profile Search for other posts by Mackfam Visit Mackfam's Homepage

Matilda
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: July 30 2009 at 11:26am | IP Logged Quote Matilda

I have still been exercising everyday. Whoo hoo! Now I need to find a flea market!

Waltzing Matilda

CandaceC
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: July 30 2009 at 2:55pm | IP Logged Quote CandaceC

I got my DVDs in the mail today and just did my first T-Tapp!!

(I really feel the need to applaud myself! LOL!)

WOW! I didn't think I was *that* out of shape, though I could stand to lose weight now, but I have been doing Leslie's Walk Away the pounds/jog/walk videos...

You guys were right when you said you realize you have muscles that you never knew were there before!

So, question: how long were you doing T-Tapp before it became more natural and easier to remember to keep your knees bent, buns tucked?

Every time she reminded us of those things today I had already forgotten and slipped back out of that position! LOL!!

Do you ladies write down your measurements? I'm scared to write them down, but I will...

His Mercy Is New
Back to Top View CandaceC's Profile Search for other posts by CandaceC Visit CandaceC's Homepage

Matilda
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: July 30 2009 at 3:04pm | IP Logged Quote Matilda

CandaceC wrote:
I got my DVDs in the mail today and just did my first T-Tapp!!

(I really feel the need to applaud myself! LOL!)

Allow us...

Waltzing Matilda

Jenn Sal
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: July 30 2009 at 3:11pm | IP Logged Quote Jenn Sal

Great job everyone!!!    I'm still going at it at 34 weeks pregnant! This is my first time exercising during a pregnancy and I'm feeling and seeing amazing results. Some moves are becoming difficult and I'm probably not getting the results I should be because of how I'm having to situate myself.    But, bottom line, I'M MOVING!

Anyone else here pregnant?

Angie Mc
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Posted: Aug 01 2009 at 12:32pm | IP Logged Quote Angie Mc

Thank you everyone and job well done . Let's continue to exercise and support each other at August Exercise Buddies. See you there!

Love,

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

<< Prev Page of 3
  [Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version