Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Tea and Conversation
 4Real Forums : Tea and Conversation
Subject Topic: Why do you come to 4Real? Post ReplyPost New Topic
Poll Question: What draws you here? What keeps you coming back?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
76 [30.52%]
33 [13.25%]
37 [14.86%]
21 [8.43%]
18 [7.23%]
61 [24.50%]
3 [1.20%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
Angi
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Online Status: Offline
Posted: June 11 2009 at 11:29pm | IP Logged Quote Angi

To avoid housework was not one of the choices. That would have been my first choice.
Back to Top View Angi's Profile Search for other posts by Angi

SuzanneG
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: June 11 2009 at 11:37pm | IP Logged Quote SuzanneG

amyable wrote:
Because I know you guys love me.    
Seriously! Maybe not all of you ........
.....(and you put up with my typos, spelling errors, extreme overuse of parentheses, and emoticons )

"Because no one makes me laugh like Amy," needs to be one of the choices!!!!!!

Back to Top View SuzanneG's Profile Search for other posts by SuzanneG

amyable
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: June 12 2009 at 7:13am | IP Logged Quote amyable

SuzanneG wrote:

"Because no one makes me laugh like Amy," needs to be one of the choices!!!!!!

God bless you Suzanne, you made my day!

Back to Top View amyable's Profile Search for other posts by amyable

Mare
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: June 12 2009 at 8:03am | IP Logged Quote Mare

I started lurking on the CCM loop when my oldest was a baby. Then joined this board when it first opened.

I really like having the Book/Movie section on this board. It's a great place to share reviews and book suggestions with other like-minded moms.

I use to stop by here more often but our schooling was lacking and it showed. With us in the midst of summer break, I have a few extra minutes to get on the boards.

Back to Top View Mare's Profile Search for other posts by Mare

RenB
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: June 12 2009 at 2:42pm | IP Logged Quote RenB

The boards are a terrific place to lurk (laugh), just like being an excited fly on the wall and observing into great things somewhere right? Actually if we all had the time to post more often, the archives would be huge!

I just completed the poll above, thanks Jen for posting it there.

I think some of the following items cut it for me, in no particular order of course;

- encouragement and support in abundance, like mindedness, kindredship (is this a word? LOL), friendship, caring and super prayer filled warriors, a place for sharing, gleaning, inspiring and caring for others who share amazing similarities in our journey of faith and homeschooling, and amazing love of liturgical celebrations! (Do you know how FANTASTIC it was to find there were more out there than our little circle of woman twenty years ago?)

(And besides, we all come here because we love AMY right? LOL Sorry Amy, I just had to throw that in. LOL)

Mommy to eight, cherished treasures sent to us 22 years apart. Nana to seven lovelies...so far.
"Go East," they said
Back to Top View RenB's Profile Search for other posts by RenB Visit RenB's Homepage

amyable
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: June 12 2009 at 3:21pm | IP Logged Quote amyable

RenB wrote:
(And besides, we all come here because we love AMY right? LOL Sorry Amy, I just had to throw that in. LOL)

Heyyyyyy...
I said *I* come here because (some of) you love me, not that YOU ladies come here because you love me. Big difference.

I just mean I like this place because it's the one place where people really care about me.

Back to Top View amyable's Profile Search for other posts by amyable

CandaceC
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: June 12 2009 at 3:41pm | IP Logged Quote CandaceC

I could completely DITTO what violingirl said...I also am not Catholic, and though I'm in the minority on this board because of that, I have NEVER been made to "feel" in the minority. I love the encouragement I receive here towards my role as a mother...the ladies on this board embrace motherhood more than anywhere where else I have ever seen...and that encourages me on the days when I feel like throwing the towel in! (not that I could of course.)

I also love the educational ideas, resources and discussions on making our homeschools more "living" and beautiful. I am inspired every time I come here. So, I keep coming back.

His Mercy Is New
Back to Top View CandaceC's Profile Search for other posts by CandaceC Visit CandaceC's Homepage

Jen L.
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: June 18 2009 at 12:19am | IP Logged Quote Jen L.

I was a lurker for a long time (here and on yahoo) before I joined in. I am not very articulate (especially when writing) so I tend not to respond.

I also wanted to select more than one reason -- 4real is just a great place with great people!

Back to Top View Jen L.'s Profile Search for other posts by Jen L.

Willa
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: June 18 2009 at 10:54am | IP Logged Quote Willa

Too bad you can't push more than one! I voted for "inspiration and refreshment for homeschooling vocation" but the prayer chain and the archives with their wonderful discussions are also big reasons, just not THE reason.

I suppose the bottom line for me would be "community" since I feel I have far more chance of talking to kindred spirits on here than I do almost anywhere else.

Take Up and Read
Back to Top View Willa's Profile Search for other posts by Willa

Mackfam
Board Moderator
Board Moderator
Non Nobis

Posted: June 18 2009 at 12:16pm | IP Logged Quote Mackfam

Willa - you can vote more than once! Go back and pick your other two and vote for them!

Back to Top View Mackfam's Profile Search for other posts by Mackfam Visit Mackfam's Homepage

Sarah M
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: June 18 2009 at 2:12pm | IP Logged Quote Sarah M

Willa wrote:
I feel I have far more chance of talking to kindred spirits on here than I do almost anywhere else.

me too!!!
Back to Top View Sarah M's Profile Search for other posts by Sarah M

insegnante
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: June 18 2009 at 7:56pm | IP Logged Quote insegnante

I didn't vote because I couldn't narrow it down but I think my answer would include everything but ideas for living out the liturgical year and the last one of course. A while back I decided to stop wishing we could do more and just be content to observe the basic requirements of the liturgical year. And I probably wouldn't come here for prayer support if I didn't observe the "like-mindedness" and the "treasures" elsewhere on the board.

stellamaris
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: June 18 2009 at 8:36pm | IP Logged Quote stellamaris

I came out of lurkdom because I figured if I was going to go broke buying terrific OOP resources, I might as well express my opinion, too! Seriously, I am most attracted by the discussions on the philosophy of education, most encouraged by the details so many of the ladies here share about living the Faith, and most uplifted by the beautiful prayer support which is such a witness to everyone's deep faith. Sometimes I cry and sometimes I laugh, but I always learn something! Thanks!

Flowing Streams
Back to Top View stellamaris's Profile Search for other posts by stellamaris Visit stellamaris's Homepage

12stars
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: June 22 2009 at 7:16pm | IP Logged Quote 12stars

Angi wrote:
To avoid housework was not one of the choices. That would have been my first choice.

Same here. I chose the first 2 of them.
The cream of the crop is here always ready and willing to give us less experienced a hand and words of encouragement. I am so glad for this forum that is for sure.

Back to Top View 12stars's Profile Search for other posts by 12stars Visit 12stars's Homepage

RamFam
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: June 22 2009 at 7:48pm | IP Logged Quote RamFam

To feel 'normal' for a little while?

Back to Top View RamFam's Profile Search for other posts by RamFam Visit RamFam's Homepage

LeeAnn
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: June 23 2009 at 1:12am | IP Logged Quote LeeAnn

I am not much into Charlotte Mason or Montessori, but I do like the ideas for living out the Faith I find here and the like-minded support of other Catholic homeschooling families.

Also, the moderators on this board are really good. The level and tone of conversation is nearly always charitable and civil. If I glance through other message boards, I get tired very quickly of the "flame wars" and having to pick through the posts to find something worth reading amidst inanity and contentiousness.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

<< Prev Page of 2
  [Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version