Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Across Time and Place
 4Real Forums : Across Time and Place
Subject Topic: U.S. States Postcard Exchange Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
Mimip
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Online Status: Offline
Posted: May 08 2009 at 11:06am | IP Logged Quote Mimip

So what does everyone want postcard wise??? So we do a state symbol?(bird, flower, seal ect) or a picture of a famous landmark? or is it whatever anyone wants???

I am so excited! Since we are so far south, my littles rarely get to another state (other than MN to visit the family)

Thanks for the enthusiasm ladies!!! Something to look forward to this summer:)

Back to Top View Mimip's Profile Search for other posts by Mimip

Natalia
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: May 08 2009 at 11:31am | IP Logged Quote Natalia

Is anybody going to post instructions?

Natalia

Back to Top View Natalia's Profile Search for other posts by Natalia

MaryM
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Posted: May 08 2009 at 3:46pm | IP Logged Quote MaryM

Natalia wrote:
Is anybody going to post instructions?

Viviane has volunteered to coordinate. She posted a message in about the middle of the first page of this thread, where she indicated that anyone who wants to particpate needs to PM her your address and also email address. She is keeping it open through the weekend closure tomorrow. So anyone else who wants to join in needs to indicate so by that date. Then she will send the mailing list to everyone who is partipating. Each family will send one postcard to each of the other families on the list. You shuld then receive a post card from each of the states/families as well.

mimip wrote:
So what does everyone want postcard wise??? So we do a state symbol?(bird, flower, seal ect) or a picture of a famous landmark? or is it whatever anyone wants???

I think it's up to each family to decide what kind of postcard to send - whether it be state symbols, famous landscapes or landmarks, whatever you want.

Our Domestic Church
Back to Top View MaryM's Profile Search for other posts by MaryM Visit MaryM's Homepage

KauaiCatholic
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: May 11 2009 at 3:46am | IP Logged Quote KauaiCatholic

good news: looks like the Summer '09 US Postcard Exchange will include almost half the states! not-so-good news: the price of stamps goes up today. (ah well, it's still cheaper than visiting all these states, right? at least that's what I'm telling my DH when he realizes how many postcards I'll be buying ...)

as far as subject matter, I believe it's up to each family ... unless someone wants to request something specific? if so, speak up! same goes for the messages; is anyone looking for anything particular? (personally, and I hope no one minds, I'll be doing most of our writing so it will be legible enough for the USPS. but I'm looking forward to seeing what YOUR talented children write. )

since I haven't quite gotten my organizational act together yet, other states are still welcome to join in. just PM me your addresses (physical and e-mail) to be included. (this includes those of you who said you wanted to participate but who haven't sent addresses yet. pretty please! of course, if anyone wants to opt out, please let me know that too so I can adjust the list.)

I'll send out the physical addresses in a bulk e-mail (or PM to those who'd prefer that) sometime this week, but I'll post an update here too to keep everybody informed.

thanks, all! have a blessed week!

PARTICIPATING STATES:
Arizona
Southern and Northern California
Colorado
Florida
Hawaii (and my home state of Idaho)
Louisiana
Minnesota
New York
North Carolina
2 from Ohio
Pennsylvania
Texas
2 from Virginia
Washington
Wisconsin

Back to Top View KauaiCatholic's Profile Search for other posts by KauaiCatholic

Veronica's Veil
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: May 11 2009 at 9:18am | IP Logged Quote Veronica's Veil

We would love to participate in this...we're in IL
Back to Top View Veronica's Veil's Profile Search for other posts by Veronica's Veil

DianaC
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: May 11 2009 at 9:39am | IP Logged Quote DianaC

We would like to join in - we're in NC.

Back to Top View DianaC's Profile Search for other posts by DianaC

RamFam
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: May 13 2009 at 8:35pm | IP Logged Quote RamFam

We'd love to join this as well. We live in Virginia, but I'll get postcards from DC for something different.

Back to Top View RamFam's Profile Search for other posts by RamFam Visit RamFam's Homepage

KauaiCatholic
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: May 14 2009 at 12:49am | IP Logged Quote KauaiCatholic

OK, everybody, the addresses have been compiled and sent out via e-mail or PM. (if you didn't get either and were supposed to, let me know! I have a 3yo climbing my leg as I type. )

we're leaving for Idaho in a week, so we hope to get our Hawaiian ones out before then and will TRY to get the ID ones sent from there. but I'm not making any promises. there's no hurry for the rest of you; I just knew if I didn't get this done before I left it would be July before I got around to it. but if we're getting cards all summer, that's fine by us.

anyway, it's been fun gathering these addresses; this household is really looking forward to "hearing" from you all across the country. thanks for participating, and happy mailing!

God bless,
Viviane

Back to Top View KauaiCatholic's Profile Search for other posts by KauaiCatholic

RamFam
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: May 14 2009 at 10:14am | IP Logged Quote RamFam

I got the email, but am still unsure of the actual rules. Are we simply sending postcards with a short message or no message or inside an envelope so they stay new?

Back to Top View RamFam's Profile Search for other posts by RamFam Visit RamFam's Homepage

MaryM
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Posted: May 14 2009 at 12:30pm | IP Logged Quote MaryM

RamFam wrote:
I got the email, but am still unsure of the actual rules. Are we simply sending postcards with a short message or no message or inside an envelope so they stay new?

We have always done them sent as mail - message of personal choice - so that is what I'm planning.

Our Domestic Church
Back to Top View MaryM's Profile Search for other posts by MaryM Visit MaryM's Homepage

KauaiCatholic
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: May 14 2009 at 1:48pm | IP Logged Quote KauaiCatholic

MaryM wrote:
We have always done them sent as mail - message of personal choice - so that is what I'm planning.

yep, me too. sorry for the confusion; it actually didn't occur to me there was another way to do it. sorry!

(and thanks for answering for me, Mary. this time difference can wreak havoc with e-mail communications; I'm just now getting up and around and most of you are probably past lunchtime. sheesh!)

happy mailing, everybody.

Sarah M
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: May 23 2009 at 8:15pm | IP Logged Quote Sarah M

Got my first postcard from Minnesota today! What fun! Thanks, Paula.

Now, I really need to get mine in the mail....
Back to Top View Sarah M's Profile Search for other posts by Sarah M

KackyK
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: May 23 2009 at 9:40pm | IP Logged Quote KackyK

We got ours from Paula and Viviane today! What a treat!
We'll be sending ours out on Tuesday.

Thanks!

Mom to 8 - 3 dd, 5ds & 4 babes in heaven

Beginning With the Assumption
Back to Top View KackyK's Profile Search for other posts by KackyK Visit KackyK's Homepage

Matilda
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: May 24 2009 at 10:10pm | IP Logged Quote Matilda

Ours will get sent out this week! This is exciting!

Waltzing Matilda
Back to Top View Matilda's Profile Search for other posts by Matilda

RyaneM
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: May 27 2009 at 8:19am | IP Logged Quote RyaneM

Most of ours will get out this week. I still have a few folks left and ran out of postcards so those will be sent in a few weeks when I return from a trip to NC.

Thanks again to all the other families who are participating. My son is really enjoying this!

Mimip
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: June 01 2009 at 6:47am | IP Logged Quote Mimip

We are sending out our in shifts. We sent some last week and some more are going out this week. (We ran out of postcards too )

Thanks for all the card that have come so far. We tape them to our large US Map and they make great decorations.

Back to Top View Mimip's Profile Search for other posts by Mimip

KauaiCatholic
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: June 08 2009 at 6:37pm | IP Logged Quote KauaiCatholic

a thousand apologies, ladies ... apparently I was too ambitious to promise postcards from Idaho. our trip was a whirlwind of family and museums/zoos/science centers and in all the hustle and bustle I didn't get around to grabbing cards.

hopefully the Hawaii ones have made it to you all. we're enjoying the ones we've received!

KauaiCatholic
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: June 17 2009 at 6:38pm | IP Logged Quote KauaiCatholic

a few updates for fellow postcard exchangees:

someone would like to join in the exchange. Sue in NH wrote: "Now I know this is after the fact...but wondering if I might join late and send postcards to others from NH and I'd take what I could get (meaning maybe some would send to me at this late date?!)" I told her I'd e-mail or PM her address to see who was interested, and she added, "We are just finishing up our study of Colonial History/Rev War and US Geography so we are very excited to be a part of this!"

also, dancingmama wrote to apologize for being late with CA postcards; she was having trouble finding some in her area but will try to pick up cards while in SD or NE.

and mrsgranola in NC lost her address list in a computer crash so will be running a bit late, too.

that's all the updates for now ... hope you're all having a great summer!

MaryM
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Posted: June 17 2009 at 7:13pm | IP Logged Quote MaryM

And ours were just mailed on Monday so you should be getting them within a day or two if they haven't already arrived. We've really enjoyed getting ours and I've meant to send thanks to all....

Our Domestic Church

RyaneM
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: June 19 2009 at 2:06pm | IP Logged Quote RyaneM

I'll send you a post card from NY, Sue.

<< Prev Page of 3 Next >>
  [Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version