Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
We Pray to the Lord
 4Real Forums : We Pray to the Lord
Subject Topic: Anonymous PR for Marriage Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
crusermom
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Online Status: Offline
Posted: March 17 2009 at 10:09pm | IP Logged Quote crusermom

I am so sorry. I will be praying for you.

Mary

Army wife and Crusermom to 8 wonderful children!
Back to Top View crusermom's Profile Search for other posts by crusermom

Jody
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: March 17 2009 at 10:35pm | IP Logged Quote Jody

I can't remember the name of the video marriage series that I was watching but the main thing they discussed was that for the husband to be happy in the marriage , he needs to feel respect from his wife. When he doesn't feel respect he doesn't show love and when he doesn't show love she doesn't show respect, and when she doesn't show respect.....you get the idea.

So their suggestion was to voice your respect for your husband by:
1) verbally telling him
        ex. "You know I really respect your decision about..." or "I respect you as a father because of the way you.... or" I respect the way you provide for our family and try to meet our needs" or "I really respect the way you care for your parents, neighbor ect."

2)Writing him a note expressing your respect for him and listing the things you respect about him.

I'm not at all suggesting that you don't respect your husband-- I'm just saying that this may help him feel your respect more and hopefully in return show his love to you.

I'm praying for you...

Back to Top View Jody's Profile Search for other posts by Jody Visit Jody's Homepage

mariB
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: March 18 2009 at 5:20am | IP Logged Quote mariB

Praying for you and your marriage...

Back to Top View mariB's Profile Search for other posts by mariB Visit mariB's Homepage

TracyQ
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: March 18 2009 at 9:19am | IP Logged Quote TracyQ

What a difficult burden for your family to bear. I'm so sorry, and I'm praying.

homeschooling in 15th year in Buffalo, NY
Back to Top View TracyQ's Profile Search for other posts by TracyQ

asplendidtime
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: March 18 2009 at 9:47am | IP Logged Quote asplendidtime

Prayers for you. I just wanted to offer a bit of hope. I know someone with similar circumstances... And the situation improved, it took time and the wife not getting bitter. The more sweet she was, the softer he became. Not that simple though... I will definitely pray.

'Wish I could share more. Hopefully I have said enough. ((((hugs))))

Mary 14,
Tim 13,
Jonah 12,
Josh 10,
Zoe 9,
Will 7,
Peter 6,
Laura-Mae 4,
Emily-Joy 2,
Genevieve & Gabriella 1
Back to Top View asplendidtime's Profile Search for other posts by asplendidtime Visit asplendidtime's Homepage

Angie Mc
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Posted: March 18 2009 at 10:43am | IP Logged Quote Angie Mc

Anonymous wrote:
I'm just really at a low point in hope for my marriage. I've read E. Leseur's books, but our stories are too different to compare. My dh was a devout Catholic when I married him; he is now strongly agnostic. I have to "monitor" him with our young children, because he doesn't care if they see movies rated R for violence. He's otherwise a decent dad, but he just really doesn't like ME anymore, doesn't want to spend any time together at all, he's rude, critical, and yells at me a lot (when he's not ignoring me.)

And to everyone else in the world who knows us, this would all come as a surprise, because we hide it all. I was completely convinced that marrying him was what God wanted me to do, but now it all seems like a huge mistake.

Please pray for our marriage. Thank you.

Jody wrote:
So their suggestion was to voice your respect for your husband by:
1) verbally telling him
        ex. "You know I really respect your decision about..." or "I respect you as a father because of the way you.... or" I respect the way you provide for our family and try to meet our needs" or "I really respect the way you care for your parents, neighbor ect."

2)Writing him a note expressing your respect for him and listing the things you respect about him.

I'm not at all suggesting that you don't respect your husband-- I'm just saying that this may help him feel your respect more and hopefully in return show his love to you.

Reminded me of the Love Languages approach.

Marriage is difficult so please never feel that you are alone in your struggles. Find hope in God's great love for your family and the fact that you can choose, one minute at a time if necessary, how you will behave in the face of this suffering. I'm praying for you, your dh, and your marriage .

Love,      

Back to Top View Angie Mc's Profile Search for other posts by Angie Mc Visit Angie Mc's Homepage

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

<< Prev Page of 2
  [Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version