Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Mothering and Family Life (Forum Locked Forum Locked)
 4Real Forums : Mothering and Family Life
Subject Topic: the screen Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
folklaur
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Online Status: Offline
Posted: Jan 27 2009 at 5:28pm | IP Logged Quote folklaur

SaraP wrote:
Now a few minutes of Sponge Bob isn't the end of the world even if it's not something I would choose to let my kids watch

CatholicMommy wrote:
my mother still lets him watch Sponge Bob - and more than 0 seconds of that show makes me ill

Poor SpongeBob - he's really getting a bad rap, huh? I think he is pretty funny, but too much is definitely annoying!
Back to Top View folklaur's Profile Search for other posts by folklaur

JodieLyn
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Jan 27 2009 at 5:33pm | IP Logged Quote JodieLyn

I'm not sure it would be temperment.. but it's something.. I don't choose to watch tv myself other than movies.. but when I was a child.. if I was watching tv.. an atomic bomb could practically go off without getting my attention. You don't know how many times I heard my mom say something about how many times she had to call me.

And I wasn't choosing to ignore her.. I actually responded as soon as it penetrated my brain that I was being called.

Plus there's the info about how the flickering of the tv is addictive in a way.. and it's effect on attention space and such.

with my kids some of them can shift attention away from the tv much more easily than others.

All men who have turned out worth anything have had the chief hand in their own education.
-Sir Walter Scott
Back to Top View JodieLyn's Profile Search for other posts by JodieLyn

folklaur
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Jan 27 2009 at 5:42pm | IP Logged Quote folklaur

JodieLyn wrote:

And I wasn't choosing to ignore her.. I actually responded as soon as it penetrated my brain that I was being called.

This happened to me when reading. Actually, it still does. I won't even know someone is talking to me if I am totally absorbed in a book.
huh.
Back to Top View folklaur's Profile Search for other posts by folklaur

Sorry, you cannot post a reply to this topic.
This forum has been locked by a forum administrator.

<< Prev Page of 2
  [Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version