Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Our Lady's Loom, Larder, and Laundry
 4Real Forums : Our Lady's Loom, Larder, and Laundry
Subject Topic: Pfaltzgraff, Fiestaware, Polish Pottery?? Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
LisaD
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Online Status: Offline
Posted: Jan 10 2009 at 9:59pm | IP Logged Quote LisaD

I have a Pfaltzgraff holiday pattern (Holiday Spice) that I use as everyday dishes from November through January. They say "copyright USA" on the bottom, but I don't know if that means they were made here. While I like them, I am always happy to switch back to my white Corelle. They are just soooo much lighter and durable, and as others have said, you can fit a whole lot more into your cabinets. I also like that they go with virtually any tablecloth, placemats, or napkins that I choose.

Madam J
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posted: Jan 12 2009 at 7:07pm | IP Logged Quote Madam J

Mary Chris, thanks for this thread. Fuzzy and I were talking today on this very topic. I need new everyday dishes for my new kitchen and I started browsing. I have a Pfaltzgraff set from 1994 that my MIL bought (and picked out) for me. We have broken many of the smaller plates, so I am looking for something else. Otherwise, I like them, but am eager to actually get to choose my own dishes this time around.

Another sister has the fiestaware and loves it. She uses all the multiple colors in a mismatched kind of way. Her DH likes that the plates are sooo big and hold a lot of food.

Jenn and Fuzzy have nice white patterns and I am sort of leaning that way with accent plates or chargers?
Eagerly reading all the answers.

J
Back to Top View Madam J's Profile Search for other posts by Madam J

KackyK
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Jan 12 2009 at 8:12pm | IP Logged Quote KackyK

I have Fiestaware in Cobalt blue and I love it. I have supplemented it with some Longaberger pottery which I love even more, but is way too expensive so I've only bought when they have sale items. I have gone with their Butternut and Sage colors.

But I do want to say, that I stumbled upon (while searching for more Fiestaware inspired by this thread) to a site that sells Fiesta glassware. And I bought 7 different colors of these glasses
for my kids. They each got to choose and it'll be their glass for the entire day, I'm so tired of all the glasses used during the day.

Okay, I'll stop my tangent on glassware! Go Fiesta!

Oh one last note, I have bought all mine from JCPenney's.

Mom to 8 - 3 dd, 5ds & 4 babes in heaven

Beginning With the Assumption
Back to Top View KackyK's Profile Search for other posts by KackyK Visit KackyK's Homepage

stefoodie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Jan 12 2009 at 11:26pm | IP Logged Quote stefoodie

KackyK wrote:
And I bought 7 different colors of these glasses
for my kids. They each got to choose and it'll be their glass for the entire day, I'm so tired of all the glasses used during the day.

Thanks for doing the legwork for me. Different-colored glasses were next on my list! Mine will be the rose-colored ones

mom to five
Back to Top View stefoodie's Profile Search for other posts by stefoodie Visit stefoodie's Homepage

Mary Chris
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Jan 13 2009 at 7:35am | IP Logged Quote Mary Chris

I'm going to move the glassware discussion to another thread, that is next on my list

juststartn
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Jan 13 2009 at 9:43am | IP Logged Quote juststartn

The one thing I don't like about the Corelle is that when it breaks, it shatters into needle sharp shards...and small ones, too.   They are VERY hard to make sure you've gotten all of. We had a vinyl floor over the usual subflooring when we broke them, and it was bad. I don't want to think about how bad it would/will be on the vinyl over the concrete slab, or tile, or hardwood. UGH.

Rachel

Sophia 4/19/04
John 5/7/07
David 5/7/07
Ava Maria, in the arms of Jesus, 9/5/08
Back to Top View juststartn's Profile Search for other posts by juststartn

Mary Chris
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Jan 16 2009 at 7:29am | IP Logged Quote Mary Chris

I took a trip to Macy's this week to check out the Fiestaware. Dh liked it and is onboard with the idea of different colored plates for everyone. I did a search on Buffalo China, did I get that idea here? I found some at Williams and Sonoma, I need to do a little research.

I can't make a decision!!!! I think this is one of the reasons we did not chose a formal china pattern back when we were first married.

Mary Chris
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: March 03 2009 at 10:01am | IP Logged Quote Mary Chris

Ths is what I finally decided on Twist Alea.

KC in TX
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: March 03 2009 at 10:48am | IP Logged Quote KC in TX

Mary Chris, I love it! That pattern is so colorful and festive. I love how you can mix and match.

Michaela ('01)
Emma ('03)
Jordan ('05)
And, my 2 angels, Rose ('08) and Mark ('09)

The Cabbage Patch
Back to Top View KC in TX's Profile Search for other posts by KC in TX

molly
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: March 03 2009 at 10:56am | IP Logged Quote molly

Mary Chris, not certain if your dh is still doing work in my area, but if he is, he is only 15 min from the Homer Laughlin plant (fiesta ware). Here you cn see some of my collection. It is great fun to live so close to the outlet and plant.

As for Polish Pottery, I have been collecting it from TJ MAxx, Marshalls, and Home Goods. Home Goods carries themost, in my experience, but the otehr 2 stores usually have a good selection.

Both PP and Fiesta, have held up great on my tile floors and many small hands handling it. Both are beautiful and very durable.
Back to Top View molly's Profile Search for other posts by molly

Anne McD
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: March 03 2009 at 3:47pm | IP Logged Quote Anne McD

Sign me up for the fiestaware fan club. Thats one of the only things in my house that I have, use, and never think about! I was given a set 11 years ago, before I was married, and its all I've used ever since. I think I have every piece, except two that broke. This includes four moves! That stuff is tough to break!

James 8
Katie 6
William 3 1/2
Benedict Joseph 1
and baby on the way! 10/14
Back to Top View Anne McD's Profile Search for other posts by Anne McD

8kids4me
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: March 03 2009 at 5:53pm | IP Logged Quote 8kids4me

Mary Chris wrote:

I think Fiestaware is made in the USA. I love bright colors and it is easy to mix and match. I remember years ago (like 20) that Fiestaware did have an issue with lead. I don't think that is an issue anymore. But the color choices.....how will I ever choose?

I have Fiestaware. Every set is a different color, so our table is always brightly set. I did not want to get just one color and then have that color not be made in a few years. Ours holds up quite well, Mr. 8 is the only one who ever breaks the dishes

molly
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: March 04 2009 at 10:41am | IP Logged Quote molly

As a FYI; Fiesta ware is made in Newell, West Virginia.
Back to Top View molly's Profile Search for other posts by molly

snowbabiesmom
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: March 04 2009 at 8:33pm | IP Logged Quote snowbabiesmom

You are going to love Villeroy and Boch! It holds up very well. We have Polish Pottery and love using it every day.I enjoy looking at the patterns our PX gets in to at much discounted prices,.

Nico'13;Zelie Oct'14, *Mary Joseph Jan'16
God's Canvas
Back to Top View snowbabiesmom's Profile Search for other posts by snowbabiesmom Visit snowbabiesmom's Homepage

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

<< Prev Page of 2
  [Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version