Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
We Pray to the Lord
 4Real Forums : We Pray to the Lord
Subject Topic: A little prayer please - update Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
KC in TX
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Online Status: Offline
Posted: Dec 30 2008 at 5:15pm | IP Logged Quote KC in TX

Praying, Marilyn.

Michaela ('01)
Emma ('03)
Jordan ('05)
And, my 2 angels, Rose ('08) and Mark ('09)

The Cabbage Patch
Back to Top View KC in TX's Profile Search for other posts by KC in TX

Donna Marie
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Dec 30 2008 at 5:26pm | IP Logged Quote Donna Marie

Many ...read almost ALL...of our appliances died last year...(including the vacuum- the traitor!!)I could swear that they all drew straws...sigh!

Anyhoo...
Try Freecycle.org and see if you can get a free one in your area. I was able to get a new dishwasher from a lady that just purchased one but decided to upgrade her kitchen to all stainless!
you never know...

HTH!
God love you!
Donna Marie from NJ
hs momma to 8dc !!

Finding Elegant Simplicity
Back to Top View Donna Marie's Profile Search for other posts by Donna Marie Visit Donna Marie's Homepage

MarilynW
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Dec 30 2008 at 5:36pm | IP Logged Quote MarilynW

Thanks Donna and KC

Forgot to mention - our hot water heater is almost dead - so have to have that replaced asap(read big ticket item) - I know God always provides but I am looking at my next year's budget (which I was trying to fudge and balance) and thinking now that I have no hope...

...but right now - I just want my refund from Lowes and then somehow find a 33" high dishwasher...

Thank you again so much for prayers - I am deep breathing and telling myself that these are really very small in the big scheme of things, that life always has problems - that I have to have the right attitude - not so easy with nausea and Braxton Hicks at the same time...

Back to Top View MarilynW's Profile Search for other posts by MarilynW

Donna Marie
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Dec 30 2008 at 5:51pm | IP Logged Quote Donna Marie

MarilynW wrote:

Forgot to mention - our hot water heater is almost dead - so have to have that replaced asap(read big ticket item) - I know God always provides but I am looking at my next year's budget (which I was trying to fudge and balance) and thinking now that I have no hope...

Our hot water heater isn't feeling too well ATM... must be the season!
Evidentially, just one element is bad so it is a much smaller expense to just replace that one...is that an option for you?

Take good care of you!
I am praying! I KNOW how it is! That has been our life for the past year..pregnancy and all!

God love you!
Donna Marie from NJ
hs momma to 8dc and nak

Finding Elegant Simplicity
Back to Top View Donna Marie's Profile Search for other posts by Donna Marie Visit Donna Marie's Homepage

monique
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: Dec 30 2008 at 8:36pm | IP Logged Quote monique

I'm praying for you, as always, Marilyn!

Our refrigerator went out this weekend. Thank goodness we have an extra one downstairs. What a hassle to run downstairs every time you want some ice or the ketchup! Ugh, we are getting our exercise. To make matters worse we can't get someone in this town to look at it. No one fixes Maytag appliances so we have to wait until Jan. 6 for anyone to even come and look at it then I suppose we'll have to order parts and it'll take another week or two for it to be fixed. Get this...it's only about 3 years old. The freezer and fridge both just stopped cooling. It's always something.

I'm deep breathing with you! Hugs,

Back to Top View monique's Profile Search for other posts by monique

Carole N.
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Dec 31 2008 at 4:31am | IP Logged Quote Carole N.

Offering prayers, Marilyn! We had to replace our "hot water" heater recently. It was expensive, but worth it. Like Donna Marie wrote, you should try Freecycle. I have had great luck with them.

Deep breathing along with you!

4 lads mom
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Dec 31 2008 at 7:33am | IP Logged Quote 4 lads mom

Oh My Goodness!!!! Offering up prayers for appliances...don't minimize the impact that all has on your life, it is like your main command center without the vital organs!!! Our furnace, out on CHRISTMAS EVE...Girls, I think it IS a conspiracy!!!! These appliances are all in it together, just like matching socks!!

Rest when you can, Friend!!!

MarilynW
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Dec 31 2008 at 7:44am | IP Logged Quote MarilynW

4 lads mom wrote:
Oh My Goodness!!!! Offering up prayers for appliances...don't minimize the impact that all has on your life, it is like your main command center without the vital organs!!! Our furnace, out on CHRISTMAS EVE...Girls, I think it IS a conspiracy!!!! These appliances are all in it together, just like matching socks!!

Rest when you can, Friend!!!

You never fail to make me chuckle friend - I am giggling over my morning tea (which I am keeping down - hurray - but then of course worrying why the nausea is not there!!!!!). Actually I was thinking of you with no furnace when our hot water heater stopped working. You are my hero - I don't think I have ever heard you complain!!

Mackfam
Board Moderator
Board Moderator
Non Nobis

Posted: Dec 31 2008 at 10:19pm | IP Logged Quote Mackfam

Oh no, Marilyn! This can't be! Any luck??? I'm almost afraid to ask.

Ok...Pollyanna moment...maybe it will be ok since everyone is having a sale to get customer's in the door.    Perhaps you'll find something nice at a bargain price.

I second checking your local Craigslist listing! I bought the girl's an entire set of Broyhill bedroom furniture for a couple hundred dollars and I have been on there a lot lately watching for a nice, inexpensive fridge (an extra one for the garage - so I have the luxury of waiting and watching).

Terrible thing all the appliances going out at once! I'm praying you feel well enough to hit the pavement looking for options soon!

Back to Top View Mackfam's Profile Search for other posts by Mackfam Visit Mackfam's Homepage

aussieannie
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Dec 31 2008 at 10:26pm | IP Logged Quote aussieannie

Aaah! Don't you just dread those moments? Like the last thing you need right now?!?

Praying that all will be well and you find the right appliance that fits!

Back to Top View aussieannie's Profile Search for other posts by aussieannie Visit aussieannie's Homepage

MarilynW
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Jan 02 2009 at 12:53pm | IP Logged Quote MarilynW

OK everyone - please no laughs - though some empathetic tears would be appreciated

Our Trane heating system has just broken (only 5 years old - just out of warranty!) the fan motor has broken - in fact has probably been broken for two months explaining our huge bills. It is going to cost $500 to fix!! Plus my house is ccc...coold..and for those of you who know me - I shut down in the cold.

We are in the process of having our hot water heater installed right(>$1000) - please pray all goes well

Any prayers would be so so appreciated. I am actually feeling peaceful - I know God is in control and so many people have much worse problems... my kids are actually finding this quite funny... I guess the dishwasher and oven are going to have to be placed on the back burner (no pun intended )

Thank you for your empathy and support!!!

aussieannie
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Jan 02 2009 at 3:33pm | IP Logged Quote aussieannie

My goodness, you are on a roll!    Praying that this will be it and you'll get it all replaced quickly.

Back to Top View aussieannie's Profile Search for other posts by aussieannie Visit aussieannie's Homepage

Mackfam
Board Moderator
Board Moderator
Non Nobis

Posted: Jan 02 2009 at 8:20pm | IP Logged Quote Mackfam

Marilyn - I can hardly believe what I'm reading! I'm not sure whether to send tears of empathy or laugh.

I'm not a fan of the cold either...bright side though...your heating bill should reflect it. Do you have a fireplace? Can you gather round the fire for some fun snuggly reading - sort of make an adventure of it? At this point, you'll probably have to heat your water there, cook over the fire, and just toss your dishes in and burn them so you don't have to wash them.

I'm praying for you guys!!!!! Now, go talk really sweet to your washer and dryer and toaster and vacuum!!!!

Back to Top View Mackfam's Profile Search for other posts by Mackfam Visit Mackfam's Homepage

MarilynW
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Jan 02 2009 at 8:28pm | IP Logged Quote MarilynW

Mackfam wrote:
Now, go talk really sweet to your washer and dryer and toaster and vacuum!!!!

I've done that - but am not holding my breath!

MarilynW
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Dec 17 2009 at 12:18pm | IP Logged Quote MarilynW

The conclusion the the saga a year later... God is good. We saved up and had our oven replaced in August and finally found an ADA dishwasher that fit in our space - and it was installed this morning. I am so excited......

aussieannie
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Dec 17 2009 at 1:25pm | IP Logged Quote aussieannie

Just in time for Christmas!!! Don't you love it?

Paula in MN
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Dec 19 2009 at 7:23am | IP Logged Quote Paula in MN

Sending prayers, Marilyn.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

<< Prev Page of 2
  [Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version