Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Tea and Conversation
 4Real Forums : Tea and Conversation
Subject Topic: If you are giving out candy tonight Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
Mary Chris
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Online Status: Offline
Posted: Oct 31 2008 at 8:43pm | IP Logged Quote Mary Chris

MaryM wrote:
Mary Chris wrote:
...but then we decided he would be Michael Phelps .

Hope your weather is nice and he won't be too cold .   

He actually wore athletic pants, his swim team sweatshirt, a pair of googles on his head, a towel around his shoulders and put out his swim bag for candy....oh and 8! Gold Medals around his neck! It was great I only spent $5.25 on Halloween costumes this year.    He was the only Michael Phelps that came to my door. Lots of Star Wars characters stopped by for some candy.

joann10
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Oct 31 2008 at 9:07pm | IP Logged Quote joann10

We had a tiger, dalmatian, Snow White, the Hulk, a nerd, a creepy girl in black, and a big girl with real big hair. I also wanted to share that our neighbor kids were a washing machine and a basket of dirty laundry.

We get no trick or treaters here, but we head into town, and one of the kids just weighed their candy and it weighed 8 pounds-times 6 trick or treaters=too much candy!
Back to Top View joann10's Profile Search for other posts by joann10

JodieLyn
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Oct 31 2008 at 10:20pm | IP Logged Quote JodieLyn

I know people talk about kids being too big to trick or treat.. but if they show up at my door in a costume (one that they actually worked at at least a smidge) then I give out candy (no worries about vandals here). And I rather enjoy seeing the older kids who still will dress up..

speaking of which just got a couple at the door.. dressed in nice suits and Presidential hopeful masks

All men who have turned out worth anything have had the chief hand in their own education.
-Sir Walter Scott
Back to Top View JodieLyn's Profile Search for other posts by JodieLyn

DivineMercy
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: Oct 31 2008 at 10:34pm | IP Logged Quote DivineMercy

I get the full sized candy bars (Snickers, Hershey's, Big Reece's cups, Kit Kats etc.) because we have all of 5 trick or treaters who come to the door. We know them all as they are the kids on or street or the one behind us.

My boys dressed up as Thomas the Tank Engine (including train whistle), Bob the Builder, and Bob's helper (the 1 year old in the stroller with some toy tools to play with    ).

We haven't connected with any groups that do an All Saints' Day party so tomorrow will be Mass at the main cemetery then visiting the family graves that are in the city.

Have a wonderfully blessed day tomorrow!
Michelle
Back to Top View DivineMercy's Profile Search for other posts by DivineMercy

JennGM
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Nov 01 2008 at 2:23pm | IP Logged Quote JennGM

SallyT wrote:
KitKats and Smarties -- my oldest loves Smarties, and they had 5lb bags at the Really Big Store That Sells Everything.

I had to comment on this. American Smarties is a popular candy with my family, too. Allergy-free makes it even more appealing.

Since you lived in England, did your kids like the Nestle Smarties? My father had a British co-worker/friend who would come to dinner often and he brought back url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smarties_(Nestl%C3%A9)]Smar ties[/url] from England...not the ones we were used to. And of course, we loved how he said the name, too. SMAAAHHTIES.

I've heard there has been uproar since they changed the packaging. I have found lots of craft directions using the old round containers of Smarties...not the hexagonal shaped. Makes it hard to do the projects now.

Back to Top View JennGM's Profile Search for other posts by JennGM Visit JennGM's Homepage

SallyT
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Nov 01 2008 at 2:49pm | IP Logged Quote SallyT

Yes, she did like the English ones, though the American ones, being tart, are more her thing. She likes sour candy.

And she did get over being upset, too. I persuaded her to come down and hand out candy, which gave her something else to think about besides absent friends.

Sally

NavyMom
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: Nov 01 2008 at 7:57pm | IP Logged Quote NavyMom

A friend gave me a brilliant idea. She orders stickers/tatoos etc... from Oriental Trading and then she does not have candy in the house to tempt her! I love this idea. I bet there are even sales now so I could stock up for next year.

This year I bought chocolate and I ate it.

Back to Top View NavyMom's Profile Search for other posts by NavyMom Visit NavyMom's Homepage

SallyT
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Nov 01 2008 at 9:31pm | IP Logged Quote SallyT

I love that idea! And my kids would use up any unused tattoos in a hurry.

Sally

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

<< Prev Page of 2
  [Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version