Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Our Lady of Good Remedy and Care (Forum Locked Forum Locked)
 4Real Forums : Our Lady of Good Remedy and Care
Subject Topic: T-Tapp ? Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
JennGM
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Online Status: Offline
Posted: March 07 2009 at 7:22pm | IP Logged Quote JennGM

Bella,

I don't have a firm answer, as I'm no veteran. But I"m hoping it will work on my inner tube, also. I've been doing her flat stomach exercise that's on the DVD in the book in addition to the Basic Plus. I hope someone else can help you.

Now, for some reason with my order I have the DVD Basic Plus Tempo, and I put that on last night. Even though it's supposed to be more "advanced" I found that so much easier to follow than the Basic DVD. She doesn't slow to give instructions, but her tips and reminders and rhythm is so helpful. For example, she slows down the first 4 Plies, making it so easier to do the arms. Then there's hand positioning reminders, she also turns to the side for many more parts so you can see the correct posture. There were some things that I didn't know or do, like "mitten hands" for Hoedowns. I'm not sure if they were newer or just not mentioned in the instructional, although they are in the book.

Natalia, I was thinking of you when I watched this last night. Have you sat down and just watched through the whole routine? That might be helpful. The other thing that is helpful is her book which breaks down all the steps of her exercises. The other thing my mother and I did was take notes, so I could see in outline or linear form the routine, not just verbal or word flow.

I'm only starting my 3rd week, but the first week I just felt like it wasn't working, and the second week things just started to click. It does take lots of concentration, so I choose to do it alone. If someone or something distracts I cannot concentrate on holding my posture and remembering the right/left combo, etc.

Back to Top View JennGM's Profile Search for other posts by JennGM Visit JennGM's Homepage

Natalia
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: March 07 2009 at 9:51pm | IP Logged Quote Natalia

Jenn,
I do have the book. Last Thursday I sat with it and read through all the exercises again. I am going to concentrate in getting the right form on one exercise at a time while I do the workout (if that makes sense). Were you really sore?

Back to Top View Natalia's Profile Search for other posts by Natalia

JennGM
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: March 10 2009 at 9:26am | IP Logged Quote JennGM

Natalia wrote:
Jenn,
I do have the book. Last Thursday I sat with it and read through all the exercises again. I am going to concentrate in getting the right form on one exercise at a time while I do the workout (if that makes sense). Were you really sore?

Sorry, Natalia. I never was REALLY sore. Just could feel like I exercised right afterwards, and just a little sore in the morning. Never a lot. Maybe I'm not doing enough? I find each time I'm engaging more muscles, so it never gets easier.

Back to Top View JennGM's Profile Search for other posts by JennGM Visit JennGM's Homepage

Betsy
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: March 10 2009 at 9:54am | IP Logged Quote Betsy

JennGM wrote:
Natalia wrote:
Jenn,

Sorry, Natalia. I never was REALLY sore. Just could feel like I exercised right afterwards, and just a little sore in the morning. Never a lot. Maybe I'm not doing enough? I find each time I'm engaging more muscles, so it never gets easier.

I have never gotten REALLY sore. But, I have gotten really fatigued. I completed the exercise yesterday and my legs were wobbly the rest of the afternoon.

Betsy   
Back to Top View Betsy's Profile Search for other posts by Betsy

DeAnn M
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: March 10 2009 at 10:13am | IP Logged Quote DeAnn M

Hi Ladies,

I have officially become my mother. I found two copies of the T-Tapp book at TJ Maxx. They were only $4.99 each. I couldn't resist and I bought them both. (That's my mother) I already have the book so if anyone wants them, I'd be happy to send it to you. Just PM me your address and I'll mail them to you.

The book is really helpful with lots of pictures and a DVD in the back. The DVD has the, "flat tummy" exercises that Jenn mentioned earlier.   

God Bless,
DeAnn

***Books have been claimed ***
Back to Top View DeAnn M's Profile Search for other posts by DeAnn M

Bella
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: March 10 2009 at 2:15pm | IP Logged Quote Bella

Thanks, Jenn!

Well, I went ahead and ordered the T-tapp MORE. It seems like it would be a good fit for me. I actually called the T-tapp ladies today, and was told to just wait on getting the book with the extra tummy exercises-she said I may see that I don't need them. Hmmm! I pray she is right!

DeAnn, your Mom sounds like mine!

Lenten Blessing's!!

Back to Top View Bella's Profile Search for other posts by Bella

MNMom
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posted: March 11 2009 at 9:46am | IP Logged Quote MNMom

Bella,
I've been doing the instructional dvd for the last couple of days and already see a difference in my middle.

Did anyone have flu like symptoms the first week? Each night I feel really lousy, but wake up feeling great the next morning(with a lot more energy!) I'm also breastfeeding a 1yo and have low blood pressure. Could this be part of my problem?

Thanks for motivating me to get off my duff!
Blessings,
Kim
Back to Top View MNMom's Profile Search for other posts by MNMom

teachingmyown
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: March 11 2009 at 6:36pm | IP Logged Quote teachingmyown

I have to admit that I have not been t-tapping for the last couple of weeks. I had been doing it on and off since November. My problem is that I often end up with lower back pain after doing it. Last month it got so bad I hadn't tried it again until today. I ended up in pain again today. I am assuming that I am not "tucking" right, but I am trying to concentrate on doing it right and still end up hurting. Anyone having this problem?

The other thing which caused me to stop for a while was that instead of getting trimmer around the middle, I felt I was getting bigger. (no, I didn't measure ) My upper abs felt harder but almost distended. After I stopped doing it, I seemed to go back to normal. I remember Teresa saying, I think in the instructional part, about doing it incorrectly would lead to a rounded belly rather than a flat belly.

I want to believe in T-tapp's ability to change my body and posture and help me get stronger and healthier. It just seems to be a pain to do something I have to concentrate so hard on. I guess I am looking for that easy, quick fix!

Maybe the book will help.

Remembering Today
Back to Top View teachingmyown's Profile Search for other posts by teachingmyown Visit teachingmyown's Homepage

MicheleQ
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: March 11 2009 at 10:33pm | IP Logged Quote MicheleQ

teachingmyown wrote:
Maybe the book will help.

I think it might. I found it to be very helpful in really understanding the moves (and that I was doing some of them wrong). I am finally beginning to see some results in my midsection and I think the book helped me with that.

In any case you definitely should not have lower back pain from T-Tapping. Have you called the T-Tapp office? They offer free phone support for T-Tappers. I haven't used it but I have heard it's helpful.

Back to Top View MicheleQ's Profile Search for other posts by MicheleQ Visit MicheleQ's Homepage

hylabrook1
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: March 12 2009 at 8:53pm | IP Logged Quote hylabrook1

Which book are you using or would you recommend? I think there is more than one to choose from. I haven't looked too closely at T-Tapp because I didn't realize it wasn't only on DVD.

Peace,
Nancy
Back to Top View hylabrook1's Profile Search for other posts by hylabrook1

MicheleQ
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: March 13 2009 at 10:16pm | IP Logged Quote MicheleQ

OK I feel a bit like I am becoming a T-Tapp groupie or something but I really do like it. Anyway. . .

Nancy, The book is this one: Fit and Fabulous in 15 Minutes.

Also, Molly, I watched the T-Tapp seminar again tonight (my husband wanted to see it) and I realized she mentions the importance of your feet being in the right position to protect your back. Straight toes/feet means that the line up the outside --not the inside-- of the foot needs to be straight (you can use a straight edge to check) and she says you may even feel a pigeon toed when your feet are straight so do check that.

Peace and God bless,

Back to Top View MicheleQ's Profile Search for other posts by MicheleQ Visit MicheleQ's Homepage

Bella
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: March 17 2009 at 2:48pm | IP Logged Quote Bella

MNMom wrote:
Bella,
I've been doing the instructional dvd for the last couple of days and already see a difference in my middle.

Did anyone have flu like symptoms the first week? Each night I feel really lousy, but wake up feeling great the next morning(with a lot more energy!) I'm also breastfeeding a 1yo and have low blood pressure. Could this be part of my problem?

Thanks for motivating me to get off my duff!
Blessings,
Kim

Kim, that is great!

I think maybe it was Elizabeth mentioning that she needed to have a snack before or after(can't remember!) due to her blood pressure or blood sugar issues.

Speaking from a Lymphatic point of view, it would make sense, that if this form of exercise really works the abdominal lymph nodes(aka lymph central), one could experience a sort of cleansing/detoxing-thus leaving the after effect of fatigue/weakness. I would think this to be especially true if one has a lot of toxicity to gert rid of-like me!

I hope you feel better soon! And, welcome to the boards!!

My youngest has been sick, therefore dominating our one and only tv/dvd player...I am REALLY hoping to start tomorrow!

vmalott
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: March 18 2009 at 8:51am | IP Logged Quote vmalott

For those of you who have been T-Tapping for a while, have any of you experienced plateaus? I'm on my fifth week and have been really pleased with my results. I've lost one size on the bottom and I know my top is gradually decreasing.

I was kind of expecting that "lose 2 sizes in 4 weeks" result when I measured last week and was very surprised to have minimal inch loss.

Have any of you noticed some weeks you'll have a BIG loss, followed by a very minimal loss the next?

Another question: does the workout seem to be more effective when you have a day's rest in between workouts? I'm doing Basic Workout Plus and with last week's minimal inch loss I actually did 4 days in a row, then took off Fri. and Sat. I'm experimenting this week by working out every other day.

I'm also in the "inner-tube" camp...it's situated just above where I take my waist measurement, but I measure it too and have seen a slight reduction. I only occasionally do the frog exercise that's on the DVD that came w/the book, as that seems to target more of the lower tummy.

Molly, have you checked for diastasis? The book, Lose Your Mummy Tummy, by Julie Tupler explains how to work those deep abdominals. I think I'm going to check this book out of the library again, as I can't spring for Instructional #2 (which is the rest of the Total Workout, added to BWO+) right now. I suspect that the exercises in part 2 of the Total Workout are designed to work the core abdominals, but it may be that some of us need remedial work because of diastsis. Just a thought.

BTW, I really like the little successes I've seen on this program. Being down a clothing size is HUGE, but how about this little success: I tried on my knee-high boots that I haven't been able to wear for about 3 years, and THEY FIT! Whoo-hoo!

Keep at it, ladies!

Valerie

Back to Top View vmalott's Profile Search for other posts by vmalott Visit vmalott's Homepage

Bella
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: March 18 2009 at 3:30pm | IP Logged Quote Bella

vmalott wrote:
For those of you who have been T-Tapping for a while, have any of you experienced plateaus? I'm on my fifth week and have been really pleased with my results. I've lost one size on the bottom and I know my top is gradually decreasing.

I was kind of expecting that "lose 2 sizes in 4 weeks" result when I measured last week and was very surprised to have minimal inch loss.

Have any of you noticed some weeks you'll have a BIG loss, followed by a very minimal loss the next?

Another question: does the workout seem to be more effective when you have a day's rest in between workouts? I'm doing Basic Workout Plus and with last week's minimal inch loss I actually did 4 days in a row, then took off Fri. and Sat. I'm experimenting this week by working out every other day.

I'm also in the "inner-tube" camp...it's situated just above where I take my waist measurement, but I measure it too and have seen a slight reduction. I only occasionally do the frog exercise that's on the DVD that came w/the book, as that seems to target more of the lower tummy.

Molly, have you checked for diastasis? The book, Lose Your Mummy Tummy, by Julie Tupler explains how to work those deep abdominals. I think I'm going to check this book out of the library again, as I can't spring for Instructional #2 (which is the rest of the Total Workout, added to BWO+) right now. I suspect that the exercises in part 2 of the Total Workout are designed to work the core abdominals, but it may be that some of us need remedial work because of diastsis. Just a thought.

BTW, I really like the little successes I've seen on this program. Being down a clothing size is HUGE, but how about this little success: I tried on my knee-high boots that I haven't been able to wear for about 3 years, and THEY FIT! Whoo-hoo!

Keep at it, ladies!

Valerie

Valerie,

What a smart idea to measure "that area!" Mine,too, lays between the areas of measurement.

I followed the links you provided for Molly, and decided that as great as that book sounds, my neck and back just couldn't handle sit on the floor sit ups. I do think I will check this book out from the library,though, as I would like to explore her concepts of addressing the core, before attempting regular exercises.Thank you, for the suggestion!

Lenten Blessing's!

vmalott
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: March 19 2009 at 6:51pm | IP Logged Quote vmalott

Actually, the book takes you through the steps of healing diastasis (which is a primary cause of lower back pain in moms), which includes conditioning the abs with a splint. Much of the preliminary exercises are either done sitting or standing, and are not the "sit-ups" we're all used to (or even crunches for that matter). The one exercise that she does have you lying down for only involves lifting the head (while splinting the abs), not the shoulders or neck. Anyway, all of that is just to encourage you to look into finding the book in the library. Like T-Tapp, there is a lot of good explanation on why so many of us mommies have that inner tube!

Valerie

Back to Top View vmalott's Profile Search for other posts by vmalott Visit vmalott's Homepage

DeAnn M
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: March 31 2009 at 4:59pm | IP Logged Quote DeAnn M

T-Tapp Tidbits:

*Just because there is a sweet little 80-year-old woman on the Total Workout DVD does NOT mean that it's going to be a cake walk! It kicked my t-tappin' toush yesterday!

*Did the Tempo Series Torso workout a few minutes ago. It was really good. I feel like my torso has lengthened a few inches...which is good because maybe all of the fat will just get sucked inside somewhere instead of camping out in my upper and mid-back region.

*Has anyone purchased the Skin-tightening system..especially with the DVD? I've heard of skin brushing before but I'm wondering if she recommends the same sequence...that being to brush with long strokes toward the heart starting with the bottom of the feet. I've also read that if you brush in circular motions it will help to release the fat and toxins from the fat cells. I really need to find out the truth on that one lest I rub my upper back raw for no reason.    I'm not willing to buy a bunch of herbs and what not just release a little fat. I'm sure it will pack it's bags in due time, but I just want to know whether the skin brushing DVD is worth purchasing or not.

Keep up the good work ladies!

Peace,
DeAnn
Back to Top View DeAnn M's Profile Search for other posts by DeAnn M

JennGM
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: March 31 2009 at 7:58pm | IP Logged Quote JennGM

Valerie, I checked out Lose Your Mummy Tummy this week. Did you find this book helpful even if you were a year or so postpartum? I found so much was catering towards immediately having a baby, I wasn't sure how to filter what would work for me.

vmalott
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: April 03 2009 at 8:32am | IP Logged Quote vmalott

Jenn,
Well, I wish I could answer with a personal anecdote, but I can't! I do remember her stating in the book that it didn't matter how long ago you had a baby, that if diastasis hasn't healed completely, any abdominal exercise you do either won't help or could possibly make matters worse. The key, really, is to learn how to check for that separation, then follow the methods of splinting if there is one and do the exercises.

BTW, I checked out a video from the library done by her (Maternal Fitness)...and I DON'T recommend it! I looked at it, just to see if there was anything that echoed the instructions in the book. I took a LOT of time weeding through her rather boring instructions (lots of prenatal stuff) to get to the 5 minute portion of abdominal workout. I've seen poor reviews for her postpartum video on Amazon and now I know why...she is a rather dull presenter...so NOT Teresa Tapp!

Sorry, I don't want to hijack the thread, but I did want to respond. Is there a T-Tapp video that focuses on abs? Is it "Hit the Floor" or something else? I'm still T-Tapping, but I've hit quite a plateau and hate to admit that I might actually need to monitor my diet!

Valerie

JennGM
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: April 04 2009 at 10:42am | IP Logged Quote JennGM

Valerie, that was helpful. Your findings were similar to mine, and it's nice to have it affirmed. Thanks for the feedback on the DVD. Saving me $$$.

After having a sickness and travel my T-Tapp routine fell out of whack so I need to get back on track, but I definitely need more help in the stomach area.

Pilgrim
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: May 07 2009 at 8:56am | IP Logged Quote Pilgrim

Thank you all for these posts, they are all encouraging. I have been getting a little discouraged lately because I am not getting back into shape after this twin pregnancy as I did after my last pregnancy. I know logically that I am only at 11 1/2 wks post partum, but this big spare tire around the belly area is discouraging. I feel now after reading all these posts like i have found some ray of hope.

I do a brisk walk during our rosary almost everyday. That is a good workout, but I want something to tone, and lose this middle fat.

I saw that there was mention of Diastasis Recti/abdominal separation. I have found a very easy to read book, with some great reviews(saying it is better than "Lose Your Mummy Tummy"). The book is"Exercise After Pregnancy: How to Look and Feel Your Best" by Helen Byrne. I found it when doing a search online of how to heal abdominal separation(those precious babies stretched the abdominals so very far this time!:). My library had the book, so I borrowed it to see whther it was worth spending our money on. I like it, the workouts are short, and the book is a pretty quick read. I think it will fit very well with Teresa Tapp's program. She explains the reasons for the changes in your body postpartum, and the exercises needed to fix these problems, and uses some of the same wording, like "dynamic stability".

St. Clare Heirloom Seeds coupon 4Real 20% off

St. Clare Audio
Back to Top View Pilgrim's Profile Search for other posts by Pilgrim Visit Pilgrim's Homepage

<< Prev Page of 10 Next >>
  [Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version