Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Our Lady of Good Remedy and Care (Forum Locked Forum Locked)
 4Real Forums : Our Lady of Good Remedy and Care
Subject Topic: T-Tapp ? Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
donnalynn
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Online Status: Offline
Posted: March 03 2009 at 7:56am | IP Logged Quote donnalynn

MicheleQ wrote:

My knees hurt at first too but it has gotten better and I remember reading somewhere (maybe the T-Tapp forum?) that if you have trouble with your knees don't bend as deep until you get those muscles above the knees built up. I still bend at the knees, just not so deep and I don't have the knee pain anymore. I don't know if this will help since everyone is different but I thought I would offer it anyway.

Oh Michele - a ray of hope - thank you!!

And I did look at the Walking workout - somehow from the intructional portion I got the impression that you did this while walking somewhere.

But I tried the "Workout" section on the DVD and now I get it! I like it a lot!!    That my knees can do -so I am going to alternate the walking workout with the Basic T-Tapp plus.

I think of you all when I'm T-Tapping. For a long time I didn't even look at this thread because for whatever reason I thought it was about cough medicine.

JennGM
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: March 03 2009 at 8:01am | IP Logged Quote JennGM

Irene, That is awesome, and gives me encouragement, too!

donnalynn wrote:
But I tried the "Workout" section on the DVD and now I get it! I like it a lot!!    That my knees can do -so I am going to alternate the walking workout with the Basic T-Tapp plus.

I think of you all when I'm T-Tapping. For a long time I didn't even look at this thread because for whatever reason I thought it was about cough medicine.

I'm glad it can work for you, Donna. And, confidentially, I didn't click on this thread for a long time because I, too, thought it was for coughs.

Back to Top View JennGM's Profile Search for other posts by JennGM Visit JennGM's Homepage

JennGM
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: March 03 2009 at 10:08am | IP Logged Quote JennGM

DeAnn M wrote:
I am also very motivated by good music. This workout is severely lacking in that, for sure! After I finish my workout I hear, "knees out, tuck tuck, palms out, tuck tuck," in my head over and over.

One of my sisters said the same thing, that she wanted music. It's funny how different we can be, because I LOVE that there is no music. I don't want any. I usually find that extra noise, so then the instructions are harder to hear, and then I can get more easily distracted by the music instead of concentrating on tucking and KLT, etc. And music is so personal, and I'm so picky that it's a relief to not have to contend with something I might not like.

I don't ENJOY working out, but it is so doable and brief that I keep going. I do hope to have more time to increase the workout, but one step at a time, right? I just want to feel better and fit into some clothes.

Back to Top View JennGM's Profile Search for other posts by JennGM Visit JennGM's Homepage

PDyer
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: March 03 2009 at 10:43am | IP Logged Quote PDyer

I'm grateful for the lack of music too.

My current plan is to run on the elliptical for 20 minutes and then T-Tapp. Daily is the goal. Sometimes that happens and sometimes it doesn't, and I'm going to work hard on trying to accept that. I keep telling myself I can do 15 minutes! I can do 15 minutes! And I need to stick to *something, and so far I'm sticking to this, so I press on.

Editing to add I'm also starting to take a hard look at The Beck Diet for Life. What I've been doing for the last several years is not working (as I keep adding and dropping the same 30 pounds), so it's time for new ideas. Whatever my weight does, I do feel compelled to work on my health, and eating right daily and exercising daily need to be a focus.

Back to Top View PDyer's Profile Search for other posts by PDyer Visit PDyer's Homepage

DeAnn M
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: March 03 2009 at 11:07am | IP Logged Quote DeAnn M

I suppose it would be silly to have music pounding away in the background of the T-Tapp workouts. It requires so much concentration for me and I definitely need to hear the form reminders.

I did the, "Tempo Torso" workout yesterday. I tend to"collect" fat in my torso area. It is about 30 minutes long but it went by very quickly. Teresa says that you can do spot reduction, (Yes you can!) contrary to most other workout advice out there. For now, I'm going to trust her. It felt very good and I am convinced that all of the twisting, turning and aligning helped my sinuses to clear!

Jenn, I think that being fit and feeling good in your clothes are great, realistic motivators. Those are my goals too!

Blessings Ladies,
DeAnn
Back to Top View DeAnn M's Profile Search for other posts by DeAnn M

Betsy
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: March 03 2009 at 11:15am | IP Logged Quote Betsy

Can I get some support.....
I don't know if you remember, I was one of the first to write in this thread. I have been using T-Tapp for 2.5years. I used it when I had SPD after my 3rd pregnancy for strengthening. It really seemed to work. I was DETERMINED to used it during my 4th pregnancy. However, my body had different plans. I couldn't walk without pain after 18 weeks, to the point of almost not leaving the couch. I have been in the care of a chiropractor and physical therapist since. I have one more PT appointment before I will be discharged. She helped me tremendously, BUT I still have severe pain in my hips...that she can't seem to help. I am grasping for straws and I have started to T-Tapp again, hoping that all of the strengthening will help (My strength has all by disappeared after 1.5 years of not being able to stand/walk-which is a huge part of my problem now). However, after doing it yesterday my hips hurt very bad.

I am discouraged. I am at my ropes end. The only thing else I have to try is a Orthopedic Surgeon, but the PT doesn't really think that will help, but has no other options.

Thanks for letting me vent....
Someone who has reaped benefits from T-Tapping before and is hoping for MIRACLES from it now!
Betsy
Back to Top View Betsy's Profile Search for other posts by Betsy

JennGM
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: March 03 2009 at 11:19am | IP Logged Quote JennGM

Betsy, Did you call to ask support? Have you tried some of the other workouts that are for rehabilitation? I would call their number for support and get advice.

I don't have your problems, but I tend to have some arthritis in my hips, so they are a little sore from workouts, too.

And I'm praying for you. Chronic pain is a hard cross to bear.

MicheleQ
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: March 03 2009 at 11:26am | IP Logged Quote MicheleQ

Betsy, I'll second what Jenn has said --call and ask for support. What workout are you doing? It seems like the MORE workout, from everything I've read, would be your best bet.

Do you have the 90 min Yes You Can seminar? I remember that she demonstrates a technique in there for hip and sciatica pain. That might be something else to check.

Please know that I am praying for you. I have had several pregnancies with debilitating back and hip pain and I know how discouraging chronic pain can be. Bless you!

Back to Top View MicheleQ's Profile Search for other posts by MicheleQ Visit MicheleQ's Homepage

Betsy
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: March 03 2009 at 11:35am | IP Logged Quote Betsy

MicheleQ wrote:

Do you have the 90 min Yes You Can seminar? I remember that she demonstrates a technique in there for hip and sciatica pain. That might be something else to check.

I watched this years ago...I will need to try and pull it out. Thanks for reminding me to call. I have to be very careful not the be in a asymmetrical position. Apparently, I don't have the cartilage between my pubic bone any more and I have real stability issues. Thanks the for the support....
Betsy

It's nice to come to a place that I won't be blamed for my condition because I have had 4 children.

MicheleQ
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: March 03 2009 at 11:40am | IP Logged Quote MicheleQ

donnalynn wrote:
Oh Michele - a ray of hope - thank you!!

And I did look at the Walking workout - somehow from the intructional portion I got the impression that you did this while walking somewhere.

Donna,

Another thing that I remembered this morning as helping the knees was making sure my feet were straight. I thought they were but I realized they actually weren't.   I read that straight toes/feet means that the line up the outside -- not the inside -- of the foot needs to be straight. I was definitely not doing that and when I did my toes were turned in a little bit (which, if you look at Teresa's feet in the book it almost looks like hers are too). You can use a straight edge to line up your foot and get a sense of what straight really is. This has helped me a lot and may be the real reason my knees don't hurt anymore. I know that I can scoop way down into a deep squat with NO KNEE PAIN when my feet are straight like that but not when they are even slightly turned out.

FYI, knee pain can be a good indicator that something's not right but I have had knee issues since I was a teenager so even if you don't have knee pain, check your foot alignment.

Back to Top View MicheleQ's Profile Search for other posts by MicheleQ Visit MicheleQ's Homepage

aussieannie
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: March 03 2009 at 1:59pm | IP Logged Quote aussieannie

Yesterday was my first day..ok, I probably went overboard, I did the 15 min workout twice, in the morning and just before bed plus the hoedowns after each meal..but I felt in bed last night a bit of pain around the back of the neck and a feeling a good headache could come on and I feel very congested as if I were coming down with a head cold (probably am!)

What sort of symptoms did others have after the first day or so? Is this normal?

Could all the lymphatic movement be clearing stuff out of the body do you think?

Back to Top View aussieannie's Profile Search for other posts by aussieannie Visit aussieannie's Homepage

Angie Mc
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Posted: March 03 2009 at 2:33pm | IP Logged Quote Angie Mc

Betsey - I'm so sorry and will pray for a miracle for you each time I TTapp! (I already think of you with gratitude for bringing TTapp to my attention in the first place!)      Keep us posted, please!

Love,

Back to Top View Angie Mc's Profile Search for other posts by Angie Mc Visit Angie Mc's Homepage

MicheleQ
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: March 03 2009 at 2:53pm | IP Logged Quote MicheleQ

aussieannie wrote:
Could all the lymphatic movement be clearing stuff out of the body do you think?

Definitely! Do you have a body brush? That can help move things along.

teachingmom
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star
Virginia Bluebells

Posted: March 03 2009 at 4:42pm | IP Logged Quote teachingmom

Angie Mc wrote:
Betsey - I'm so sorry and will pray for a miracle for you each time I TTapp! (I already think of you with gratitude for bringing TTapp to my attention in the first place!)      Keep us posted, please!

Love,

I was thinking the same thing as Angie. It was you, Betsy, along with Angie who convinced me to ask for the T-Tapp Workout for Christmas and got me going. Thank you!

I will pray for relief from your pain. I'm so sorry you have to live with that.

Betsy
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: March 04 2009 at 5:54am | IP Logged Quote Betsy

Thank you all for you kind responses. I believe that your prayers got my out of bed to do the routine this morning!!

Angie, you crack me up...since this thread started I have been thinking of how much T-Tapping has helped you and I have been trying to get to a place to begin again. Your words have motivated me to keep trying, as well as every person that has posted on this thread.

It has been good for me to hear how it's difficult for most of you starting out. I felt the same way when I started years ago, but I also remember they way I was able to preform after I had been doing it for quite some time. Huge Difference!! It's frustrating starting over knowing where you once were....but, for now, baby steps! I know that I need to just stick with this, until I get strong enough for it all to come together again.

Thanks again to everyone!!!
Betsy

P.S. Sometime soon I will post about SPD (Symphysis Pubis Dysfunction). It's a condition that is widely accepted in Europe as a condition from pregnancy...but not so much here. I feel like I am breaking ground with everyone that I meet to look for help. SO, I would like to pass on my experiences(hopefully after they have resolved more).

amarytbc
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: March 04 2009 at 12:56pm | IP Logged Quote amarytbc

I had hip pain that would just not go away after my last baby. PT didn't help. I tried
http://www.amazon.ca/Core-Program-Fifteen-Minutes-Change/dp/ 0553801392 I noticed an improvement within a week and now I no longer have the pain. See if your library has the book. I've never T-tapped, but I've heard from others that there are similarities between t-tapp and 15 Minute Core. 15 minute core is done almost completely on the floor.
Back to Top View amarytbc's Profile Search for other posts by amarytbc

Natalia
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: March 04 2009 at 6:36pm | IP Logged Quote Natalia

My update:

I am on day 8 of T-tapping. I am not sure if I am doing it right since I don't feel sore. Maybe I am not trying hard enough. I find the hoe downs the hardest move since I keep getting confused. My kids keep laughing at me. Great for humility!

The main benefit I have experienced is the increased energy level and I have noticed that my back is not hurting as much when I wake up in the morning. I have not measured because I don't want to get discouraged.

Back to Top View Natalia's Profile Search for other posts by Natalia

MelissaClaire
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: March 05 2009 at 1:16pm | IP Logged Quote MelissaClaire

Just saw that the Basic Plus Step Away old dvd is on sale now for $22.50. Makes me wish I hadn't just bought the basic workout for $20!

https://store.t-tapp.com/products/Basic-Plus-and-Step-Away-S et-%252d-DVD-OLD-LABEL.html

MicheleQ
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: March 07 2009 at 12:04am | IP Logged Quote MicheleQ

MelissaClaire wrote:
Just saw that the Basic Plus Step Away old dvd is on sale now for $22.50. Makes me wish I hadn't just bought the basic workout for $20!

https://store.t-tapp.com/products/Basic-Plus-and-Step-Away-S et-%252d-DVD-OLD-LABEL.html

I saw that too Melissa. But I was happy to find out that because I bought the Basic Workout Plus I can buy the "part 2" DVD to make it the Total Workout for just another $40.00 (through 3/20 --the reg. price is $50), instead of having to buy the Total Workout separately. I am doing well with the BWO Plus so I would like to add in the rest and this way if I can only fit in the first part it's still a good workout but if I have time to do the rest then that's even better.

Bella
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: March 07 2009 at 3:56pm | IP Logged Quote Bella

Hi Ladies!
Well, I still haven't ordered the T-tapp! I have the money now, but have a question for T-Tapp vets or anyone who is savvy in the area of exercise.
I have fibromyalgia, have had several surgeries not due to prgenancies, my last one being a hysterectomy, so I dance with surgical menopause symptoms.
Question-my extra inches are in the form of a tube around my middle, with lots of flab in lower tummy area. Will T-Tapp help this? I understand it strengthens the back(which I need), but will it work on my flabby tummy and tire around my middle? ( I will be combining this with walking outside to ward off osteoporosis, and heart disease.)

As always, thank you!!

Back to Top View Bella's Profile Search for other posts by Bella

<< Prev Page of 10 Next >>
  [Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version