Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Our Lady of Good Remedy and Care (Forum Locked Forum Locked)
 4Real Forums : Our Lady of Good Remedy and Care
Subject Topic: T-Tapp ? Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
Jenny
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Online Status: Offline
Posted: Feb 20 2009 at 7:48am | IP Logged Quote Jenny

I have finished my first week. I was afraid to measure in case I had not lost any inches; I did not want to get discouraged. I did measure and have lost a few inches here and there. Nothing spectacular. But...I am stronger and my posture is improving. I catch myself all day long, leaning forward from the torso and stooping my shoulders. A quick T-Tapp posture check and I am instantly taller and in better alignment. My husband said last night he has noticed a difference in my mood and my posture. Here's to week 2!

trish
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Feb 21 2009 at 7:25pm | IP Logged Quote trish

I'm still waiting for my DVD, but I had also ordered the book from amazon.ca which came in the mail yesterday. I read it last night (quick read). I'm very impressed with it and I can't wait to get started. I'm going to re-read it slowly tomorrow and Monday. Very inspirational. I especially like her simple God-made and man-made food explanations.     

+AMDG+
Saintly Soaps

Back to Top View trish's Profile Search for other posts by trish

JennGM
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Feb 21 2009 at 8:16pm | IP Logged Quote JennGM

Day 5 here, but I got discouraged when I read that I'm not doing bootcamp until I do Total Workout. But for now the Basic Plus and stomach exercises will have to do. I'm feeling very guilty how I've let myself go for so long.

Back to Top View JennGM's Profile Search for other posts by JennGM Visit JennGM's Homepage

Matilda
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Feb 21 2009 at 8:28pm | IP Logged Quote Matilda

JennGM wrote:
I'm feeling very guilty how I've let myself go for so long.

Jenn, I know what you mean. A quote from the Lion King seems to help: You got to put your behind in the past!

Waltzing Matilda
Back to Top View Matilda's Profile Search for other posts by Matilda

RamFam
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: Feb 21 2009 at 9:17pm | IP Logged Quote RamFam

I see that her VHS Step away program is only $5, but shipping is $8! Anyone else in NoVA what to order from her to combine shipping? If so, PM me before the 25th.

Back to Top View RamFam's Profile Search for other posts by RamFam Visit RamFam's Homepage

Matilda
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Feb 28 2009 at 4:56pm | IP Logged Quote Matilda

I commented on the differences between Leslie Sansone and T-Tapp in this thread and thought I would share my thoughts on T-Tapp here:

I stopped logging in the T-Tapp workout as exercise accomplished after the first few times I tried it (even though I kept trying it) because I never felt like I was doing it right. Now, that could be just me. I consider myself to be pretty coordinated and can still perform some fairly complex dance moves but she occasionally lost me. Maybe I was doing it right, because I was sweating, but it felt so awkward that I didn't feel like I was doing it right and that started to really bug my inner perfectionist. I know other people have said that it takes a good long while to feel comfortable with it but I don't have that kind of time right now. I need to feel like I am exercising or I won't get into the habit of it? Does that make sense?

I liked the way T-Tapp really did engage my muscles (muscles I didn't even know I had!) and I loved the way it made me more conscious of my posture. I do plan on continuing it and I think it would be a great means of maintenance exercise once I reach that point but as someone who wants to lose between 30-40 pounds, I needed to feel like I was really working out and doing it right, right now!

Waltzing Matilda

JennGM
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Feb 28 2009 at 5:12pm | IP Logged Quote JennGM

I wondered if you were still doing T-Tapp since you didn't have it on your blog.

After a week of T-Tapp I was feeling a bit discouraged. I even wrote to Jen (Mackfarm) for some support. I felt like I wasn't doing it correctly and things weren't changing. Now I'm on Day 11, missing only one day. I do the Basic Plus and the Stomach exercise on the book's DVD.

Each day I'm finding the muscles and concentrating on holding the stance, tucking, feeling it to be more effective. I need to lose about 15 pounds minimum, more ideally, but inches would be even nicer. My tummy bulge was getting out of control. Not many inches have gone down except for in that tummy/hip measurement -- 1 inch. Yahoo! That zipper scar from 2 c/s and pregnancies made me lose a lot of muscle control.

But I am feeling a bit firmer and more energized. It's so easy to convince myself to just make 20 minutes time for exercise. I'm a high risk for diabetes, so this is all about taking care of my temple of the Holy Spirit!

Back to Top View JennGM's Profile Search for other posts by JennGM Visit JennGM's Homepage

trish
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Feb 28 2009 at 6:03pm | IP Logged Quote trish

I'm still waiting for my dvd. I was hoping it would come by now but I've learned it can take up to 3 weeks sometimes to get something from the US.

+AMDG+
Saintly Soaps

Elizabeth
Founder
Founder

Real Learning

Posted: Feb 28 2009 at 6:27pm | IP Logged Quote Elizabeth

I just wanted to encourage those of you who are sticking with it. I T-Tapped every day for seven weeks before seeing something measurable. I didn't do the tape measuring at the beginning. And, despite jenmack's admonishments not to, I weighed myself along the way. Totally discouraging. At seven weeks,I finally see a good deal of progress. I feel more definition all over and I'm down a size. Oh, and the scale is hidden away for the next seven weeks. Hang in there! I am a bit of a perfectionist, too and I know that I'm not doing everything perfectly, but I do think I'm getting a good workout with the BWO Plus. I've added the walking workout and I really, really like it.

Elizabeth Foss is no longer a member of this forum. Discussions now reflect the current management & are not necessarily expressions of her book, *Real Learning*, her current work, or her philosophy. (posted by E. Foss, Jan 2011)
Back to Top View Elizabeth's Profile Search for other posts by Elizabeth

donnalynn
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Feb 28 2009 at 6:45pm | IP Logged Quote donnalynn

I am just not able to it everyday - it is killing my knees.   

I did five days in a row then took two days off to ease up on my knees. This week I did every other day which is working better but I am taking two days off again.

I am really paying attention to tucking and the KLT which helps - I think I will be ok but I am a little discouraged. Keeping my knees bent for so long - especially durng the twists - is really hard for me.

My bottle of arnica massage oil has not left my bedside!!

molly
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: Feb 28 2009 at 6:48pm | IP Logged Quote molly

I just started the Walking and BWO plus! Arghhhh it is killing me! I did not weigh myself or measure, I already know I need to lose lots of inches and pounds    I am with Jenn, it is a bit embarrassing how far I have let things go.
Great lenten program!!
Back to Top View molly's Profile Search for other posts by molly

Elizabeth
Founder
Founder

Real Learning

Posted: Feb 28 2009 at 6:50pm | IP Logged Quote Elizabeth

The height of absurdity: I just did a double set of hoe-downs *while* eating Quaker Bonnet Buffalo Chips. someone hide these, please!

Elizabeth Foss is no longer a member of this forum. Discussions now reflect the current management & are not necessarily expressions of her book, *Real Learning*, her current work, or her philosophy. (posted by E. Foss, Jan 2011)
Back to Top View Elizabeth's Profile Search for other posts by Elizabeth

aussieannie
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: March 01 2009 at 10:56pm | IP Logged Quote aussieannie

Elizabeth wrote:
The height of absurdity: I just did a double set of hoe-downs *while* eating Quaker Bonnet Buffalo Chips. someone hide these, please!

My T-Tapp arrived in the mail today, for making it's way down under, that was quick!

Back to Top View aussieannie's Profile Search for other posts by aussieannie Visit aussieannie's Homepage

Matilda
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: March 02 2009 at 9:12am | IP Logged Quote Matilda

Let me clarify because I would hate to discourage anyone from trying an exercise program that might work for them. Exercise is so important for mental and physical health!!! I can completely see the benefit of T-Tapp especially for those moms who can't find a lot of time to devote to exercise in their day. My youngest is almost 5 and most nights, I get a completely uninterrupted night's sleep. That makes a big difference in being able to get up an hour early and devote that time to exercise without letting any of my domestic duties slide. For a tired mom with a little one or a mom of many or a mom with older children who have lots of outside obligations, T-Tapp might be the better solution.

And I do think the T-Tapp routines would be very effective in strengthening, toning and even weight (or inches) loss. I am a little disappointed in myself that I didn't fall in love with it right away but that is just me. I am pursuing other methods of exercise just to keep me going with my routine but still working the T-Tapp in as a bonus.

Anyway, I didn't want my previous comment to discourage anyone from trying it or persisting with it.

Waltzing Matilda

donnalynn
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: March 02 2009 at 9:45am | IP Logged Quote donnalynn

For those who are doing the walking workout - are you actually walking somewhere or do you do it along with video walking in place?

The walking workout was sent to me with my order for free - - I watched the video but haven't really tried it.

DeAnn M
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: March 02 2009 at 10:05am | IP Logged Quote DeAnn M

Elizabeth wrote:

O.K. when I first saw this I was thinking potato chips but then I clicked on the link. Oh my, those look deeelicious. I may have to order some and I'll hoe down right with you!

Also, I wouldn't say that T-tapp is my favorite type of exercise either. I love tennis, but at this time in my life, it's just not feasible for me to make the time to play. I am also very motivated by good music. This workout is severely lacking in that, for sure! After I finish my workout I hear, "knees out, tuck tuck, palms out, tuck tuck," in my head over and over.

I do have to say, however, that after watching the, "Yes You Can" seminar and finding out the, "why" behind the moves, I am much more motivated. I have much more energy after the workout than before. I tried doing longer workouts and was extremely exhausted for the rest of the day. My out-of-shape after-baby body and lack of sleep make it foolish for me to even try to do intense workouts right now. That's just me, though. It may be different later on, but for now, T-Tapp will be just fine. I'm glad I found this thread.

Also, I just ordered the rehab workout for my Mom who has severe knee problems. I'll let you know how that works for her. If you do end up ordering a lot of things, I suggest you call. When I called in my last order she helped me to figure out how to get the best deal and I ended up getting the walking workout for free. I was going to order it by itself but it came with the book which is very helpful for studying and seeing the details of the moves.

I've babbled long enough and my kids are in from the snow! Time to warm up and do some learnin'!

Blessings,
DeAnn
Back to Top View DeAnn M's Profile Search for other posts by DeAnn M

MicheleQ
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: March 02 2009 at 12:41pm | IP Logged Quote MicheleQ

donnalynn wrote:
I am just not able to it everyday - it is killing my knees.   

I did five days in a row then took two days off to ease up on my knees. This week I did every other day which is working better but I am taking two days off again.

Donnalyn,

My knees hurt at first too but it has gotten better and I remember reading somewhere (maybe the T-Tapp forum?) that if you have trouble with your knees don't bend as deep until you get those muscles above the knees built up. I still bend at the knees, just not so deep and I don't have the knee pain anymore. I don't know if this will help since everyone is different but I thought I would offer it anyway.

Back to Top View MicheleQ's Profile Search for other posts by MicheleQ Visit MicheleQ's Homepage

MicheleQ
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: March 02 2009 at 12:43pm | IP Logged Quote MicheleQ

Elizabeth wrote:

Oh that's just wrong. Wrong, wrong , wrong!    Wow they look good --I love coconut and chocolate. What a temptress you are Elizabeth!!

Back to Top View MicheleQ's Profile Search for other posts by MicheleQ Visit MicheleQ's Homepage

trish
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: March 02 2009 at 6:44pm | IP Logged Quote trish

Yay! My dvd's came today! I get to start. I'm looking forward to this.

+AMDG+
Saintly Soaps

teachingmom
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star
Virginia Bluebells

Posted: March 02 2009 at 10:49pm | IP Logged Quote teachingmom

I just have to stop in to report that today is my two month anniversary of T-Tapping. I can't believe this has become a part of my life so easily. I do not believe that I have stuck with a regular exercise program since I was married, so this is amazing!

<< Prev Page of 10 Next >>
  [Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version