Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Our Lady of Good Remedy and Care (Forum Locked Forum Locked)
 4Real Forums : Our Lady of Good Remedy and Care
Subject Topic: T-Tapp ? Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
MicheleQ
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Online Status: Offline
Posted: Feb 18 2009 at 3:08pm | IP Logged Quote MicheleQ

I did the basic plus today for the first time. I've been doing the instructional up until now and I was worried I would have a hard time remembering what to do but I didn't. Yes it's faster but only because she's not stopping to explain things. Actually I think that helped. I just kept going and as soon as she moved into another position I would remember it and do it.

I feel like the workout was better for me today -- I definitely I felt it more. But I was also able to do some of the movements better too. The side twist and stretch thing for example, I was able to do much better and get a better stretch from it than I have been up to this point.

I really felt it in my legs today on the plies but I also felt stronger --like I was able to go deeper into my muscles like she talks about.

Also, I got the book yesterday and I am glad I did. I didn't realize it came with a DVD. I did the stomach exercises too. Once she teaches you how to do them it only takes 3 minutes (I timed them). I think the book has good information but I don't think it's absolutely necessary either. However if you buy the book there's a coupon in the back to send in and get 30% off another order --so that's a nice bonus. I am looking at maybe going for the core DVD next.

But honestly if you just want to get started get the Basic Workout Plus. I ordered the Old Label DVD and apparently the only difference is in fact the label on the DVD --it's a deal! It comes with the 90 min. seminar which is hugely helpful in getting started and understanding what's going on --don't skip that part!

I find I am checking my posture A LOT more. Standing and sitting properly (like here while I type, when I'm driving, etc.) and I DO look trimmer.

Back to Top View MicheleQ's Profile Search for other posts by MicheleQ Visit MicheleQ's Homepage

Lisa R
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Feb 18 2009 at 4:19pm | IP Logged Quote Lisa R

JennGM wrote:
Lisa R wrote:
Can someone direct me to exactly what to order? What are you all using? I really need this!

I just now found this page, Get Started which can help you figure out what program to get.

Another sister of mine had a good question. Since there are so many choices, what routine does Teresa Tapp actually use every day? What is her personal favorite that she practices on a regular basis?

Thanks, Jenn! That "Get Started" page is exactly what I needed!

I'd love to know what Teresa Tapp uses as well.    

Natalia
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Feb 18 2009 at 9:19pm | IP Logged Quote Natalia

I just did the instructional workout today for the first time. It was hard! I found it hard to try to watch her at the same time I was trying to do it. At least I started...

Back to Top View Natalia's Profile Search for other posts by Natalia

JennGM
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Feb 18 2009 at 9:24pm | IP Logged Quote JennGM

Natalia wrote:
I just did the instructional workout today for the first time. It was hard! I found it hard to try to watch her at the same time I was trying to do it. At least I started...

This was Day 2 for me, and I couldn't believe how much easier following the instructions, if that will make you feel any better, Natalia.

I keep changing positions so I can see what she is doing. The most annoying thing was trying to catch on to the arm movements, and the camera zooms on the people without showing the arms!!! Grrr...

My 5 yo son was watching me and telling me I don't have to move in different positions like she is doing because she's just explaining, and I had to explain that I'm "just trying to see her!" Meanwhile, the 1 yo is making noises imitating the Tuck, tuck, tuck, and lifting his arms like the lady on TV and Mommy.

I also was being hugged and having foam swords swung around me. Not sure the benefits except to my funny bone having all the commotion. And I only have two distractors.

Back to Top View JennGM's Profile Search for other posts by JennGM Visit JennGM's Homepage

teachingmyown
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Feb 19 2009 at 12:33pm | IP Logged Quote teachingmyown

PDyer wrote:
    My knees were not holding up well to plies, particularly at her speed.

I have problems with my knees, too. I have found that you need to be very exact with the technique for the plies to help and not hurt. Keep checking your foot placement and make sure your knees are pushed out. Then just work your way into deeper plies. It has worked for me!

Remembering Today
Back to Top View teachingmyown's Profile Search for other posts by teachingmyown Visit teachingmyown's Homepage

Angie Mc
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Posted: Feb 19 2009 at 12:41pm | IP Logged Quote Angie Mc

teachingmyown wrote:
PDyer wrote:

I have problems with my knees, too. I have found that you need to be very exact with the technique for the plies to help and not hurt. Keep checking your foot placement and make sure your knees are pushed out. Then just work your way into deeper plies. It has worked for me!

And keep you bottom tucked, which is SO hard, because if you tip you bottom up it throws the knees out of alignment. I wasn't able to go down as far at first (with the tuck) but I'm getting better.

Love,

Back to Top View Angie Mc's Profile Search for other posts by Angie Mc Visit Angie Mc's Homepage

PDyer
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Feb 19 2009 at 1:48pm | IP Logged Quote PDyer

teachingmyown wrote:
PDyer wrote:

I gave my knees the day off yesterday.   I'm going to try again today, maybe alternating plies and arms. I lose it when I try to combine arms and plies, which is probably contributing to the knee issue.

Back to Top View PDyer's Profile Search for other posts by PDyer Visit PDyer's Homepage

DeAnn M
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: Feb 19 2009 at 2:21pm | IP Logged Quote DeAnn M

Have you watched the 90 min. instructional seminar? It has, "Yes You Can" on it. That was very helpful in understanding alignment...not to mention very interesting. I should get rid of my back fat pretty quickly as much as I am pushing around a stroller or a grocery cart. I may get some funny looks but I'm sure I'll get a few knowing nods from fellow T-Tappers!

If you haven't watched it, she basically suggests that you push the cart with palms facing up. That forces your shoulders and back into proper alignment.

Anyone dropped a dress size yet?

Blessings,
DeAnn
Back to Top View DeAnn M's Profile Search for other posts by DeAnn M

Elizabeth
Founder
Founder

Real Learning

Posted: Feb 19 2009 at 2:26pm | IP Logged Quote Elizabeth

teachingmyown wrote:
I also bought the walking program when I got my basic plus. I did that yesterday for the first time. It was hard and I didn't even finish. She does use arm movements that will burn off the back fat and help with shoulder and neck definition.

Molly,
Thanks for recommending this one! I did it today and it's a great one to add in to vary with the BWO.

Elizabeth Foss is no longer a member of this forum. Discussions now reflect the current management & are not necessarily expressions of her book, *Real Learning*, her current work, or her philosophy. (posted by E. Foss, Jan 2011)
Back to Top View Elizabeth's Profile Search for other posts by Elizabeth

CrunchyMom
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Feb 19 2009 at 3:30pm | IP Logged Quote CrunchyMom

I got it today and did the Basic Instruction video.

Thank you for the rec, ladies. It is exactly what I need. I can't say I loved doing it (I do detest exercise), but I could tell it was a good workout, and 15 minutes is a great amount of time. My poor posture is the biggest barrier to my physical well-being at the moment, and I can tell this will help it if I can stick with it.Perhaps I can incorporate this in as a lenten sacrifice on my computer days.

Exercise is something I've never enjoyed and have let go completely as a mother. I know I will have more energy and strength for my other duties if I can commit to this; so, I'll pray for the grace to be consistent!

Now, if only I could floss every day, too, I might reach perfection

[URL=http://mysymphonygarden.blogspot.com/]Lost in the Cosmos[/UR
Back to Top View CrunchyMom's Profile Search for other posts by CrunchyMom

JodieLyn
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Feb 19 2009 at 3:34pm | IP Logged Quote JodieLyn

oh Lindsay.. what a great idea.. incorporating the exercise into Lent.

All men who have turned out worth anything have had the chief hand in their own education.
-Sir Walter Scott
Back to Top View JodieLyn's Profile Search for other posts by JodieLyn

PDyer
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Feb 19 2009 at 3:39pm | IP Logged Quote PDyer

DeAnn M wrote:
Have you watched the 90 min. instructional seminar? It has, "Yes You Can" on it. That was very helpful in understanding alignment...not to mention very interesting.

I haven't watched it yet. Maybe tonight. I understand her cautions about alignment; understanding and being able to do it??? Two different things here.    I have inflammatory arthritis that has made my right knee touchy, so I am proceeding with caution.

I did the instructional exercises today again. I held the plie position (didn't push up and down) and attempted to do the arms. I'm having quite a time coordinating the arms even when I'm not working my legs up and down. I felt like I was starting over again, but that's OK because I"m determined.

The walking program...could people who've done it describe it? I can't do any impact exercise without risking knee injury, so indoor walking, if I could do it on my elliptical, sounds appealing. How does her walking program work? Am I missing a more detailed description on the website? Thanks.

Back to Top View PDyer's Profile Search for other posts by PDyer Visit PDyer's Homepage

Elizabeth
Founder
Founder

Real Learning

Posted: Feb 19 2009 at 3:46pm | IP Logged Quote Elizabeth

No impact Patty. She doesn't jump at all. Imagine doing the BWO, in a modified way, while stepping (without an actual step). You just keep your feet moving the whole time, but it's not complicated steps. Sometimes you go from side to side, sometimes it's a little march. But it's no impact. It's more cardio than the BWO and I know my body felt the difference because I had that blood sugar crash/muscle fatigue that I had in the beginning with the BWO. I needed a nap this afternoon. I also found it more challenging to maintain the tucked tummy and buns.
I that any help at all?

Elizabeth Foss is no longer a member of this forum. Discussions now reflect the current management & are not necessarily expressions of her book, *Real Learning*, her current work, or her philosophy. (posted by E. Foss, Jan 2011)

PDyer
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Feb 19 2009 at 4:38pm | IP Logged Quote PDyer

Elizabeth wrote:
No impact Patty. She doesn't jump at all. Imagine doing the BWO, in a modified way, while stepping (without an actual step). You just keep your feet moving the whole time, but it's not complicated steps. Sometimes you go from side to side, sometimes it's a little march. But it's no impact.

Yes, that's helpful. I'm leery of the marching because I walked in my neighborhood for a few days last summer and irritated the connective tissue in my feet so much I hobbled for days afterward. Defeats the purpose, in teh end, when I exercise only to effectively cripple myself.

I'm in this odd place where to get any benefit at all when I walk I have to walk very quickly (long-legged tall person that I am), but my joints and connective tissue can't handle the strain.

I think I'll wait and see how I do with the BWO for a while before I invest in anything else. Thanks, Elizabeth.

Angie Mc
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Posted: Feb 19 2009 at 4:50pm | IP Logged Quote Angie Mc

Has anyone figured out what routine/s Therese Tapp does? I know that she does the Primary Back Stretch when she wakes and before she goes to bed. I do that too and it really helps, especially if I haven't done a full routine during the day.

Love,

Back to Top View Angie Mc's Profile Search for other posts by Angie Mc Visit Angie Mc's Homepage

Angie Mc
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Posted: Feb 19 2009 at 4:52pm | IP Logged Quote Angie Mc

Forgot to add...thanks for the info. on the walking routine. I'll check it out!

Oh, about doing it while pregnant. Isn't there something at the webpage especially for pregnant women?

Love,

Elizabeth
Founder
Founder

Real Learning

Posted: Feb 19 2009 at 6:39pm | IP Logged Quote Elizabeth

The man in brown just delivered my t-tapp book. Karoline opened the package, took one look, and shouted "Hooray! It's my exercise lady!" Kari likes to tapp with me.

Marie
Forum Rookie
Forum Rookie

Posted: Feb 19 2009 at 7:42pm | IP Logged Quote Marie

There is a mommy section on her main webpage which talks through some trimester things and a mommy section on her forum both of which are quite helpful if you are thinking of doing it while pregnant. You can see my pregnancy experience on page 5 of this discussion. Its been helpful! And from what I got from her book, doing the best positioning that you can is more important than speed or # of reps. Start with what you can do! Her book is pretty inspiring and does help with the details of the exercise - and my local library did have it!

molly
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: Feb 19 2009 at 10:17pm | IP Logged Quote molly

OK, you have all convinced me. I give up, I surrender, I ordered this to start for Lent. I pray I can keep up with you all.
Back to Top View molly's Profile Search for other posts by molly

aussieannie
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Feb 20 2009 at 6:02am | IP Logged Quote aussieannie

Me too, Molly, I just hope that I can play the DVD down under, (the right region) if not, it will have to be played on the computer.

It sounds exciting from finally finishing to read 6 pages of this thread. To think Charlotte, you had to re-bump the thread initially to see if anyone was going to post!!

Back to Top View aussieannie's Profile Search for other posts by aussieannie Visit aussieannie's Homepage

<< Prev Page of 10 Next >>
  [Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version