Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Our Lady of Good Remedy and Care (Forum Locked Forum Locked)
 4Real Forums : Our Lady of Good Remedy and Care
Subject Topic: T-Tapp ? Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
Matilda
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Online Status: Offline
Posted: Feb 16 2009 at 4:47pm | IP Logged Quote Matilda

I started this thread and I am ashamed to admit that I just got my DVD in last week. I am going to use it for the first time today! Here I go!!!!

Waltzing Matilda
Back to Top View Matilda's Profile Search for other posts by Matilda

PDyer
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Feb 16 2009 at 5:00pm | IP Logged Quote PDyer

Put me on the list of T-Tapping 4Real-ers. I started today. I'm not sure I want to do the measuring part.   

Back to Top View PDyer's Profile Search for other posts by PDyer Visit PDyer's Homepage

Betsy
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Feb 16 2009 at 5:10pm | IP Logged Quote Betsy

Natalia wrote:
Any of your dhs are joining you?

My husband has always done it with me......
Betsy
Back to Top View Betsy's Profile Search for other posts by Betsy

Natalia
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Feb 16 2009 at 5:34pm | IP Logged Quote Natalia

I watched the seminar and the instructional workout but haven't found a time to do it yet. I will tray to start tomorrow for sure!

Back to Top View Natalia's Profile Search for other posts by Natalia

MicheleQ
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Feb 17 2009 at 12:01pm | IP Logged Quote MicheleQ

Elizabeth wrote:
Someone said that this can be done during pregnancy but I don't know...
oil wells, pulling weeds, those twist and lean over things: there's an awful lot of bending over in that fifteen minutes. How would you do that if pregnant?

Yeah I am wondering that too. There's no way I could do that twist and lean over thing if I was pregnant. And all that bending over? I don't think so.

Maybe they just meant the arm work and hoe downs? Oh and plies --I could do those.

Well I am on day 7, or 6 since Sunday is my off day and I feel good! I went ahead and ordered the book too --it should be arriving today.

Back to Top View MicheleQ's Profile Search for other posts by MicheleQ Visit MicheleQ's Homepage

JennGM
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Feb 17 2009 at 1:43pm | IP Logged Quote JennGM

This was Day 1 for me. And I feel like I failed. I had a hard time following her directions, and didn't feel like I had the right positions or postures. She goes fast, and I'm not familiar with her terminology to what she does.

Since I checked out the book, I'm going to look at her detailed instructions to help my learning curve. I liked the exercises, but I sure wish she went slower for an instructional dvd. I'm not very coordinated.

Back to Top View JennGM's Profile Search for other posts by JennGM Visit JennGM's Homepage

PDyer
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Feb 17 2009 at 1:48pm | IP Logged Quote PDyer

JennGM wrote:
This was Day 1 for me. And I feel like I failed. I had a hard time following her directions, and didn't feel like I had the right positions or postures. She goes fast, and I'm not familiar with her terminology to what she does.

I'm having some trouble keeping up with her too, Jenn. Maybe I'll see if the library has her book. My knees were not holding up well to plies, particularly at her speed.

Back to Top View PDyer's Profile Search for other posts by PDyer Visit PDyer's Homepage

Angie Mc
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Posted: Feb 17 2009 at 2:13pm | IP Logged Quote Angie Mc

JennGM wrote:
This was Day 1 for me. And I feel like I failed. .

Jenn...you succeeded . You did it!... to the best of your ability! Just keep doing it! (I'm pretty coordinated as is my 16yo dd - almost a black belt in karate! - and it took us a full *10* days before it started to click - really!)

Bravo to all

Love,

Back to Top View Angie Mc's Profile Search for other posts by Angie Mc Visit Angie Mc's Homepage

Elizabeth
Founder
Founder

Real Learning

Posted: Feb 17 2009 at 2:17pm | IP Logged Quote Elizabeth

Jenn,
Did you do the instructional track of the Basic workout?

Elizabeth Foss is no longer a member of this forum. Discussions now reflect the current management & are not necessarily expressions of her book, *Real Learning*, her current work, or her philosophy. (posted by E. Foss, Jan 2011)
Back to Top View Elizabeth's Profile Search for other posts by Elizabeth

MicheleQ
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Feb 17 2009 at 2:35pm | IP Logged Quote MicheleQ

JennGM wrote:

Since I checked out the book, I'm going to look at her detailed instructions to help my learning curve. I liked the exercises, but I sure wish she went slower for an instructional dvd. I'm not very coordinated.

Jenn you certainly did not fail! Believe me I am not coordinated either and I had a hard time the first day too, but the second day was better and third even more so. You'll get it in no time trust me. I was just saying earlier that I am sure eventually I won't even need the DVD.

See how sore you are tomorrow and then tell us you think you failed.

Back to Top View MicheleQ's Profile Search for other posts by MicheleQ Visit MicheleQ's Homepage

Lisa R
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Feb 17 2009 at 3:50pm | IP Logged Quote Lisa R

Lisa R wrote:
Okay, my interest is very peaked now. So what would I order to start out with?

Can someone direct me to exactly what to order? What are you all using? I really need this!

Thanks!

Matilda
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Feb 17 2009 at 4:03pm | IP Logged Quote Matilda

Jenn,
I was coming here to post the same thing. I did Day 1 yesterday and felt the same thing you did. I tend to see it as a challenge though and I am anxious to try again and see if I can get it. I was glad to hear Angie say that it took her ten days to feel comfortable with it because I was going to give myself a week but now, I might bump that up to two. I also decided to alternate it with my Leslie Sansone walking tapes for variety. There are some similarities (straight back, tuck your bum, shoulders back, tummy muscles tight) so they should compliment each other. But she did go awfully fast and the way she was calling out things rapid fire kind of overwhelmed me until I realized that most of what she was saying were just reminders. (tuck, tuck, tuck, etc...) I wanted to quit but didn't. I say for us!

Waltzing Matilda

vmalott
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Feb 17 2009 at 6:46pm | IP Logged Quote vmalott

Michele and I seem to be on a similar schedule. What is stated in the literature is true regarding days 3 and 4. Days 1-3 you get pretty sore, then day 4 is really extraordinary, as I really didn't feel as wobbly and sore as the previous days! I did day 6 today and because I'm impatient and curious, I went ahead and measured and was stunned by the loss all around! 6.875 inches. So, it *is* effective! Biggest losses were in legs and hips. I'm thrilled!

Yes You Can!

Valerie

Back to Top View vmalott's Profile Search for other posts by vmalott Visit vmalott's Homepage

Marie
Forum Rookie
Forum Rookie

Posted: Feb 17 2009 at 7:00pm | IP Logged Quote Marie

About do it during pregnancy....according to the book and the information on her website, it is safe to do at all stages of pregnancy with a few exceptions and of course, you do it to your personal max, in other words, if it doesn't feel good, don't do it.

Personally, I got my tapes when I was almost 33 weeks pregnant. Pretty late in the game to start. I was exercising prior but did decide to try this anyway.   I did watch the seminar, read the book (our library had it!), and then started with instructional tape 1. I took it slow and modified where necessary but was able to do a fair bit of it. Its 3 weeks later and I feel great.   My posture is better, my back is better (not perfect but better) and I'm much more aware of holding that big belly in. Her voice is in my head all the time! I did not do a boot camp and for the most part I do it every other day. I do the back stretch everyday and sometimes the hoedowns. At first, it all the moves felt awkward but they do get easier the more you do them - and I haven't been doing it that long.

If you have any questions about doing it during pregnancy, her website has a forum and a mommy section under the forum. I spent hours reading the archives to see what others where doing during pregnancy. Many of the moms on there have lots of kids and have great inspirational stories. Even if you only take the basic posture stuff, it does make a difference. I have only every done what felt okay and minimized the twisting etc.

Sorry to sound like an infomercial, but I'm impressed with her stuff and I love the 15 minutes a day. Much more manageable for the near future. :)

DeAnn M
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: Feb 17 2009 at 7:54pm | IP Logged Quote DeAnn M

O.K. so I did this for the first time today. I am not in the best shape now, but pre-babies and in between babies I am pretty active. That being said, this was pretty challenging. I certainly did not give this enough credit. I does feel like it awakens your body. I'm anxious to continue doing this and see some results!

Jen, about keeping up. I immediately thought that she teaches this like a Jazzercise class...very fast. I took a couple of classes once and decided it was not for me! I was a dancer in college and I had a hard time keeping up with those little old ladies! Anyway, just keep doing the instructional video and as cheesy as it sounds, do some of the moves in front of the mirror. That's really helpful!

Glad to join the T-tappers!

Blessings,
DeAnn
Back to Top View DeAnn M's Profile Search for other posts by DeAnn M

Matilda
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Feb 17 2009 at 8:20pm | IP Logged Quote Matilda

DeAnn M wrote:
Anyway, just keep doing the instructional video and as cheesy as it sounds, do some of the moves in front of the mirror. That's really helpful!

I was actually thinking of taking my laptop into the bathroom so I could be in front of a mirror! It felt like that would have helped a lot.

Waltzing Matilda

JennGM
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Feb 17 2009 at 8:43pm | IP Logged Quote JennGM

Elizabeth wrote:
Jenn,
Did you do the instructional track of the Basic workout?

I *think* so. I put in the Basic DVD, and played the Instruction 1 workout.

Lisa R wrote:
Can someone direct me to exactly what to order? What are you all using? I really need this!

I bought the Basic Workout DVD Old Label for my mother, and then I bought the Total Workout which includes the Basic. I just now found this page, Get Started which can help you figure out what program to get.

My mother and some of my sisters are doing this, also. It's been a crazy month so far, so when I got the book from the library and the DVDs in the mail, I've just been listening and reading, trying to familiarize myself. I've been practicing the T-Tapp stance everywhere before I started today the real workout.

Thanks all for the encouragement. I'm going to persevere, but I was thinking the same thing that I need a mirror or an exercise buddy to figure out if I've got the right positions.

Another sister of mine had a good question. Since there are so many choices, what routine does Teresa Tapp actually use every day? What is her personal favorite that she practices on a regular basis?

Back to Top View JennGM's Profile Search for other posts by JennGM Visit JennGM's Homepage

MicheleQ
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Feb 17 2009 at 9:25pm | IP Logged Quote MicheleQ

Matilda wrote:
DeAnn M wrote:
Anyway, just keep doing the instructional video and as cheesy as it sounds, do some of the moves in front of the mirror. That's really helpful!

I was actually thinking of taking my laptop into the bathroom so I could be in front of a mirror! It felt like that would have helped a lot.

That's exactly what I do and it does help a lot! I guess I'm cheesy.

But really there's a reason dance studios are lined with mirrors --proper form makes a difference.

trish
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Feb 17 2009 at 10:06pm | IP Logged Quote trish

I can't wait to get mine!   

+AMDG+
Saintly Soaps

Back to Top View trish's Profile Search for other posts by trish

Jenny
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: Feb 18 2009 at 6:59am | IP Logged Quote Jenny

Jen, I just did day 6 yesterday and it does get easier each day. I was surprised how much more I was able to keep up compared to day 5 even. I still cannot keep up with the arm movements during plies though. When she she says, "...like a jumping jack..." I'm thinking "...like a jumping jack on crack!" If my arm movements are correct, I forget to plie. If I plie, my arm are all over the place    I just hope I'll be able to move to the basic workout plus someday I thought I'd be there already. I bet at the end of my week (Thursday), I'll be ready.

<< Prev Page of 10 Next >>
  [Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version