Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Our Lady of Good Remedy and Care (Forum Locked Forum Locked)
 4Real Forums : Our Lady of Good Remedy and Care
Subject Topic: T-Tapp ? Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
Mackfam
Board Moderator
Board Moderator
Non Nobis

Online Status: Offline
Posted: Feb 10 2009 at 8:49pm | IP Logged Quote Mackfam

I can't T Tapp in the mornings either. My T Tapp routine (I've almost stuck with it long enough to call it a habit - 3 1/2 weeks now!) takes place after lunch, usually 30 - 45 min after. Because of my hypo-glycemic tendencies I must make sure I've had a good lunch with plenty of protein and then I usually follow T Tapp in the afternoons with a glass of orange juice and piece of whole wheat cheese toast.

Back to Top View Mackfam's Profile Search for other posts by Mackfam Visit Mackfam's Homepage

MicheleQ
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Feb 10 2009 at 8:54pm | IP Logged Quote MicheleQ

Elizabeth wrote:
So...be careful not to diet too much. Make sure you get plenty of protein and fat or you will feel really, really bad. Of this I am quite sure .
Indeed.

I just got my T-Tapp order today and watched the seminar this afternoon. Wow, I really like it and am very excited to start tomorrow!

I had blood sugar issues too but not low ones. My fasting blood sugar has been hovering right around 100 --I need to get that down.    

Back to Top View MicheleQ's Profile Search for other posts by MicheleQ Visit MicheleQ's Homepage

AnaB
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: Feb 12 2009 at 9:24am | IP Logged Quote AnaB

I've been experiencing that drop in blood sugar and blood pressure too.

So, WHEN do you all do your workout? I try to do it in the morning, but then I'm not sure if it is disrupting the flow of our morning? I realize that I now have no time to read to my 5yo in the morning because between exercising and then showering, I'm behind and focusing on the olders with their schooling.

If I wait until the afternoon, I spend the morning in my exercise clothes, ponytail and no makeup....

When do you all fit it in and how?

Jenny
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: Feb 12 2009 at 3:05pm | IP Logged Quote Jenny

Um, what is the learning curve on Instructional Tape #1? I T-Tapped for the first time this afternoon...kind of.

MicheleQ
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Feb 12 2009 at 3:19pm | IP Logged Quote MicheleQ

AnaB wrote:
I've been experiencing that drop in blood sugar and blood pressure too.

I am not getting blood sugar drops just shakiness from tired muscles. My fasting BG was a bit high this morning at 113 so I am hoping to see that go down as a result of "T-Tapping".

Quote:
So, WHEN do you all do your workout? I try to do it in the morning, but then I'm not sure if it is disrupting the flow of our morning? I realize that I now have no time to read to my 5yo in the morning because between exercising and then showering, I'm behind and focusing on the olders with their schooling.

If I wait until the afternoon, I spend the morning in my exercise clothes, ponytail and no makeup....

It can be difficult to find that right time. I'm not really a morning person so I struggle with getting up early to do it before the day begins in earnest but I do find that to be the best time if I can manage it.

Today was before lunch because my dh popped in home for a while and I was able to go up in the bedroom and watch it on my laptop. I was still in my p.j.s but at least I got it done.

Jenny wrote:
Um, what is the learning curve on Instructional Tape #1? I T-Tapped for the first time this afternoon...kind of.

I think it's pretty quick. I did it for the second time today and it was definitely easier to get the moves than it was yesterday. I always shy away from exercise videos with complicated moves because they confuse me but I am doing well with the T-Tapp. No complicated moves just a few things to remember.

I have to admit I am surprised at how much of a workout it really is. I am SORE. And it's not like I haven't been exercising before this, I have been! I also went back and looked at the seminar today (did you watch that?) because I remembered she demonstrated certain exercises for burning off back fat. I added those into my routine as well and doing those shoulder rolls as often as I can throughout the day.

Back to Top View MicheleQ's Profile Search for other posts by MicheleQ Visit MicheleQ's Homepage

teachingmyown
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Feb 13 2009 at 10:23am | IP Logged Quote teachingmyown

I tend to do it in the late afternoon. However, there have been more than a few nights where I do it at 10pm because it is the first quiet I have had all day and I am determined to get it in.

I also bought the walking program when I got my basic plus. I did that yesterday for the first time. It was hard and I didn't even finish. She does use arm movements that will burn off the back fat and help with shoulder and neck definition.

I think I did the Instructional workout at least four times before I went to the Basic Plus. I really needed to hear her talk me through each move as I did it. I wish she talked more in the Basic Plus workout. It is hard to remember it all: knees out, tuck buns, shoulders back, etc!

Remembering Today
Back to Top View teachingmyown's Profile Search for other posts by teachingmyown Visit teachingmyown's Homepage

vmalott
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Feb 13 2009 at 11:34am | IP Logged Quote vmalott

MicheleQ wrote:
I struggle with getting up early to do it before the day begins in earnest but I do find that to be the best time if I can manage it.

I'm the same way, though I've been sneaking away in the mornings after ds awakens to nurse @7am or so. Of course, I've only been at it for two days, so we'll see how this continues. If I had a functioning DVD player in my bedroom, I probably wouldn't be so tied to the idea of a morning workout.

MicheleQ wrote:
I have to admit I am surprised at how much of a workout it really is. I am SORE.

Oh, good...I am NOT alone!!! I don't remember being this sore after one of those Jane Fonda tapes (~1 hour) I used to work out to , so I'm pretty impressed how efficiently these exercises work the body. WOW!

Valerie

Back to Top View vmalott's Profile Search for other posts by vmalott Visit vmalott's Homepage

MicheleQ
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Feb 13 2009 at 11:54am | IP Logged Quote MicheleQ

teachingmyown wrote:
She does use arm movements that will burn off the back fat and help with shoulder and neck definition.

Molly, are those the ones she does in the seminar? Where you stand with your hands outstretched and reach (not like Titanic ) and then pulse for 8, halfway down for 8 and all the way down for 8? Those are the ones I have been doing and oh my goodness have I felt it in my back! How many sets of 8 does she do? I have only been doing one set. Oh and the shoulder rolls --I do them throughout the day.

Quote:
I think I did the Instructional workout at least four times before I went to the Basic Plus. I really needed to hear her talk me through each move as I did it. I wish she talked more in the Basic Plus workout.

It is hard to remember it all: knees out, tuck buns, shoulders back, etc!

LOL I can hear her saying it as I read it!

Yeah I can see how I'm going to be a little lost without her telling me what to do. I am on day three of the instructional with hoe downs added in.

Angie Mc
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Posted: Feb 13 2009 at 12:23pm | IP Logged Quote Angie Mc

MicheleQ wrote:
teachingmyown wrote:
She does use arm movements that will burn off the back fat and help with shoulder and neck definition.

Molly, are those the ones she does in the seminar? Where you stand with your hands outstretched and reach (not like Titanic ) and then pulse for 8, halfway down for 8 and all the way down for 8? Those are the ones I have been doing and oh my goodness have I felt it in my back! .

Oh, goodness, and to add insult to injury Theresa Tapp calls these "butterflies." Butterflies?! Let's call them something more truthful like... killer painful embarrassingly hard because they look so simple arm exercises?!

Just had to get that out of my system . Thanks.

I'd like to hear more about the walking stuff, too .

Love,

Back to Top View Angie Mc's Profile Search for other posts by Angie Mc Visit Angie Mc's Homepage

Betsy
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Feb 13 2009 at 12:47pm | IP Logged Quote Betsy

MicheleQ wrote:

LOL I can hear her saying it as I read it!

At one point in my life when I was doing T-Tapp regularly, I didn't need to watch the DVD I could just go through it in my head...repeating EVERYTHING that she said.

In fact, as I have been reading through this thread over the weeks I keep hearing her, "...tuck with the bottom, roll it up, one, two..." or ..."Yes you can, one more time, to the left..."

Crazy?!!?

Betsy
Back to Top View Betsy's Profile Search for other posts by Betsy

CrunchyMom
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Feb 13 2009 at 1:26pm | IP Logged Quote CrunchyMom

So, I just did an impulse buy thanks to you ladies. I am woefully in need of an exercise routine. Like Angie, I HATE exercise. Really.

I have terrible posture--especially now nursing a little one. I get headaches from it often. I did Pilates briefly in a past life, and I know it helped, but I didn't enjoy doing it. What sold me is that it will strengthen the core like Pilates (which I need), I don't have to lie on the floor, and 15 minutes a day will help! Yippee! The most intriguing exercise program ever!

I ordered the basic program in the old wrapper for 19.98 that someone linked to. Will that be enough to get started?

[URL=http://mysymphonygarden.blogspot.com/]Lost in the Cosmos[/UR
Back to Top View CrunchyMom's Profile Search for other posts by CrunchyMom

teachingmyown
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Feb 13 2009 at 3:25pm | IP Logged Quote teachingmyown

I can just about do the 15 minute routine on my own now, too, with Theresa's voice in my head. The first week I was t-tapping we were all walking around the house saying "tuck, tuck, goose!"

Michele, the walking doesn't have the Butterflies. The movements are similar to the 15 minute routine: the Jumping Jacks, the one where you bring your arms together in front of your face and out (don't drop those elbows! ). She also has you start by reaching it front, then you reach in front of your face, then above your head. All while walking and trying to remember your technique for that! I was a bit overwhelmed the first time! But I could feel the workout in my back and shoulders, which are sore spots for me, so it felt good!

Lindsay, the basic program is plenty to get you started.

As a total aside- Theresa recommends a type of shoe, Metatrex, that has a negative heel and essentially puts you in proper alignment, butt tuck and all, without your needing to try! Anyone tried these?

Remembering Today
Back to Top View teachingmyown's Profile Search for other posts by teachingmyown Visit teachingmyown's Homepage

Elizabeth
Founder
Founder

Real Learning

Posted: Feb 13 2009 at 3:58pm | IP Logged Quote Elizabeth

Someone said that this can be done during pregnancy but I don't know...
oil wells, pulling weeds, those twist and lean over things: there's an awful lot of bending over in that fifteen minutes. How would you do that if pregnant?

Elizabeth Foss is no longer a member of this forum. Discussions now reflect the current management & are not necessarily expressions of her book, *Real Learning*, her current work, or her philosophy. (posted by E. Foss, Jan 2011)
Back to Top View Elizabeth's Profile Search for other posts by Elizabeth

Elizabeth
Founder
Founder

Real Learning

Posted: Feb 13 2009 at 4:00pm | IP Logged Quote Elizabeth

teachingmyown wrote:

As a total aside- Theresa recommends a type of shoe, Metatrex, that has a negative heel and essentially puts you in proper alignment, butt tuck and all, without your needing to try! Anyone tried these?

I'd love to find these. I just googled and came up empty.

Elizabeth Foss is no longer a member of this forum. Discussions now reflect the current management & are not necessarily expressions of her book, *Real Learning*, her current work, or her philosophy. (posted by E. Foss, Jan 2011)
Back to Top View Elizabeth's Profile Search for other posts by Elizabeth

teachingmyown
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Feb 13 2009 at 4:16pm | IP Logged Quote teachingmyown

Here is the link. Help if spelled it right the first time! It is MetaTreks. Sorry!

Remembering Today

teachingmom
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star
Virginia Bluebells

Posted: Feb 13 2009 at 4:52pm | IP Logged Quote teachingmom

AnaB wrote:
So, WHEN do you all do your workout?

Definitely morning . . . first thing. I am the type of person who cannot stand to go downstairs until I've showered and am ready for the day. If I don't exercise first thing, then I either have to go without a shower for the first part of the day, which I really dislike, or shower twice, which I am not willing to waste time doing!

I think I mentioned it somewhere above, but I keep our small portable dvd player on my dresser now, and just roll out of bed, change into workout clothes and put on athletic shoes and begin. Then, when I shower afterwards, I am only about 20 minutes or so behind where I would have been without exercising. I feel like it's the most efficient way to do it for me.

Oh, and I don't have any blood sugar issues, so exercising, showering, and getting ready . . . and only then eating breakfast doesn't affect me negatively at all.

teachingmom
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star
Virginia Bluebells

Posted: Feb 13 2009 at 5:04pm | IP Logged Quote teachingmom

Jenny wrote:

Hi Jenny,
For me the curve was really quick. I did my first workout on Jan. 2. Except for a couple of months of fairly regular walking awhile back, I had been completely sedentary for years prior to that.

You should have seen me that first time doing the instructional tape.    I thought I was going to die! Everything hurt so much. I could barely keep my arms up for the plies. And doing knee bends just about killed me. I think I prayed my way through the workout. "Ooooh, help me, Lord!!!"

After even a few days it was easier. I think I felt confident enough after 4 or 5 days to move onto the Basic Workout Plus. At the end of the two week bootcamp, it wasn't painful anymore at all. It wasn't necessarily easy, but didn't cause what I would call pain.

Now, I actually enjoy some of the exercises. Ok, so I still dislike the plies - those are really hard work! But the T-Tapp twist feels great to me.

Stick with it, and I'm sure you'll figure out the moves and feel much better about it in no time.

Natalia
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Feb 13 2009 at 6:16pm | IP Logged Quote Natalia

Well joining in the fun I just got my DVDs and watched the seminar yesterday. I started to watch the instructional workout but got interrupted. Hopefully I'll get to it soon. I am actually excited and I am trying to convince my dh to join me. Any of your dhs are joining you?

Back to Top View Natalia's Profile Search for other posts by Natalia

trish
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Feb 13 2009 at 8:45pm | IP Logged Quote trish

I bought mine last night.    I sooo need something like this. But I'll have to wait a bit. It's shipped already but could take a bit getting to Canada. I'm excited about it.   I'm so sick of feeling lazy. I'm aching to try it out and I'm sure I'll be aching when I have.

+AMDG+
Saintly Soaps

Back to Top View trish's Profile Search for other posts by trish

donnalynn
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Feb 16 2009 at 10:42am | IP Logged Quote donnalynn

I am starting today! I have exactly 6 months to get in shape for our summer vacation - I made the reservation this morning!! Yeah!

We camp, kayak, bike ride, swim, hike for two weeks - this year it will be three!! Last year I took a bike ride with everyone on the Cape Cod rail trail and thought I was going to *die* the next day - I was so sore.

<< Prev Page of 10 Next >>
  [Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version