Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Our Lady of Good Remedy and Care (Forum Locked Forum Locked)
 4Real Forums : Our Lady of Good Remedy and Care
Subject Topic: T-Tapp ? Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
JennGM
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Online Status: Offline
Posted: Feb 03 2009 at 11:37am | IP Logged Quote JennGM

Seems this is really popular. But can someone answer what makes this different from Pilates or Callanetics? The lengthening of muscles idea seems similar to the other approaches. Is it just easier?

Back to Top View JennGM's Profile Search for other posts by JennGM Visit JennGM's Homepage

JennGM
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Feb 03 2009 at 11:40am | IP Logged Quote JennGM

Me again. The links to the Total Workout System aren't working anymore (Angie's and Jennifer's links).

So, can you describe what was in your "package"?

Back to Top View JennGM's Profile Search for other posts by JennGM Visit JennGM's Homepage

JodieLyn
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Feb 03 2009 at 11:57am | IP Logged Quote JodieLyn

Here's the t-tapp store so that you can see the different packages they have.

I've looked at the info for myself.. but haven't bought anything yet.. bad time of year.. maybe soon.

All men who have turned out worth anything have had the chief hand in their own education.
-Sir Walter Scott
Back to Top View JodieLyn's Profile Search for other posts by JodieLyn

MicheleQ
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Feb 03 2009 at 3:54pm | IP Logged Quote MicheleQ

Jenn,

Just yesterday I was convinced by someone (you know who you are) to try the 15 min workout so I ordered the one that was 1/2 off (old label). I'm looking forward to trying it. I have been rebounding but wanted something to change things up a bit. I'll let you know how I like it.

Back to Top View MicheleQ's Profile Search for other posts by MicheleQ Visit MicheleQ's Homepage

JennGM
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Feb 03 2009 at 4:29pm | IP Logged Quote JennGM

MicheleQ wrote:
Jenn,

Just yesterday I was convinced by someone (you know who you are) to try the 15 min workout so I ordered the one that was 1/2 off (old label). I'm looking forward to trying it. I have been rebounding but wanted something to change things up a bit. I'll let you know how I like it.

Thanks. I'm rebounding, too, but I do want to add more. I need it.

My mother and sister brought it up this week, outside of this forum, which was the little push I needed to give it a try.

teachingmom
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star
Virginia Bluebells

Posted: Feb 03 2009 at 4:50pm | IP Logged Quote teachingmom

That half price is a great deal. That's the same workout that dh gave me for Christmas. (But he paid full price a month and a half ago. ) It included Instructional Workout #1, 15 Minute Basic Workout Plus (Plus means that it includes an exercise called Hoedowns that is more aerobic than the rest of the workout), and a seminar by Teresa Tapp called Yes You Can.

As far as how it differs from other things, I can't really help because I've never done much of other things.    But I have now kept up with this for an entire month!    One thing that is different than most workouts is that you stand the entire time. There are no uncomfortable floor positions. You also do not use weights, but the exercises are designed to position your body to cause resistance.

You keep your knees bent for the entire 15 minute workout, and I can tell that it is making a difference in my leg strength. I recently carried my two year old up some steep stairs at church for the first time in a long while. It was rather amazing how much easier it was than before I started T-Tapping.

Mackfam
Board Moderator
Board Moderator
Non Nobis

Posted: Feb 03 2009 at 5:03pm | IP Logged Quote Mackfam

JennGM wrote:
Seems this is really popular. But can someone answer what makes this different from Pilates or Callanetics? The lengthening of muscles idea seems similar to the other approaches. Is it just easier?

I wouldn't say it is easier. In fact, if someone hasn't warned you, you should plan on taking one or two weeks just to get to know the moves. There are many things going on all at once - there is a purpose to them, and with practice they make sense, but at first it is off-putting. I can really *feel* the workout!

I lost my routine around Christmas and am only just getting back to it daily - it's a commitment I'm trying to make...again. I prefer this workout over anything I've ever done. I like the emphasis on form and posture. I appreciate her background in rehabilitative exercise, and I deeply respect the level of research that seems to have gone into her program. I like that I can do this exercise, pregnant, not pregnant, post-partum, with children, without restriction.

In summary, I think what I find appealing about T-Tapp over other exercise programs (which I also find to be worthwhile) is the common sense approach. It's sort of like a "whole foods" approach. I don't know if that's a good analogy or not...I think I mean, it's not faddish, it's just a common sense approach with explanations that make sense. The people demonstrating in the video are quite real, the exercises are meant to provide a level of fitness (not a 20 inch waist), and the science/physiology behind the moves is sound. And...I can commit to 15 minutes...or at least I can keep committing over and over again. Even with my less than stellar workout routine, I am seeing results - trimming, more energy during the day, fewer migraines, improved posture.

The Total Workout package contains the seminar (which I found to be extremely helpful and explanatory), the 15 minute workout (with hoe-downs that really do drop blood sugar if done after eating a meal!), and the longer 55 minute workout (which I have yet to complete - baby steps though...I'm just committing to 15 minutes a day right now.) My 12 yo and I are doing the workouts together after lunch each day. The 8 yo does his best to keep up, and the 4 yo keeps us smiling the whole way through with his sincere efforts to "toes forward, knees out, tuck buns, shoulders back".

Hope this helps.

Back to Top View Mackfam's Profile Search for other posts by Mackfam Visit Mackfam's Homepage

JodieLyn
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Feb 03 2009 at 5:09pm | IP Logged Quote JodieLyn

What attracted me to this program (remember I haven't done it yet.. but it's on my wish list) is how enthusiastic people were about it.. including people I KNEW didn't care much for exercise. And when I started asking about it.. one thing that seemed to me to be different was when I mentioned that my knees can't take too much impact.. that people with arthritic knees said it improved their knees. Well.. something that could improve my knees without hurting them is a MAJOR thing.

But it's those two things that have me interested in this program over others.

All men who have turned out worth anything have had the chief hand in their own education.
-Sir Walter Scott

teachingmom
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star
Virginia Bluebells

Posted: Feb 03 2009 at 7:14pm | IP Logged Quote teachingmom

Yep, there's a huge emphasis on knee safety and strengthening. And the focus on back strengthening really appealed to me. Because it's no impact (no jumping at all, there is always one foot on the ground), it would be great for senior citizens too.

vmalott
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Feb 03 2009 at 7:22pm | IP Logged Quote vmalott

JodieLyn wrote:
that people with arthritic knees said it improved their knees. Well.. something that could improve my knees without hurting them is a MAJOR thing.

So, Jodie, have you started w/the workout yet? Do YOU notice a change in your knees. I've had terrible knees for AGES (my lovely mother loves to get her digs in and point out it's a result from being pregnant so many times, which it is NOT ). I'm really excited by the fact that this is low/no impact.

I just (as in a few minutes ago) placed my order for that 1/2 price DVD that Michele ordered as well, then I ran here to make sure you wonderful 4Real folks knew about it. I've been lurking at this thread for over a month and now I really can't wait to get started. I even think this will be something my daughters will enjoy doing (10 and 14).

Valerie

Back to Top View vmalott's Profile Search for other posts by vmalott Visit vmalott's Homepage

Elizabeth
Founder
Founder

Real Learning

Posted: Feb 03 2009 at 7:34pm | IP Logged Quote Elizabeth

I'd have to echo all the positives. The one warning I'd offer that I haven't seen is that the blood sugar thing is for real. My blood sugar tends to be low and I walked around the whole first week feeling like I was going to pass out. Finally, a friend suggested I break out the check kit I only use when I'm pregnant. Sure enough, it was way low and that explained why I felt like I was 8 weeks pregnant. Now, I'm being really careful with protein. I see a difference in my posture,which tends to be really bad in early nursing and I see a difference in muscle tone. Remember, I went from six weeks of total inactivity on bedrest and then a c-section to doing this workout. Other than the sugar crash, it's all good

One thing I do remember is that the shipping time seemed kind of long. I ordered it too soon after postpartum to use it so it didn't matter and that might have been a Christmas thing, but it was a couple of weeks...

Elizabeth Foss is no longer a member of this forum. Discussions now reflect the current management & are not necessarily expressions of her book, *Real Learning*, her current work, or her philosophy. (posted by E. Foss, Jan 2011)
Back to Top View Elizabeth's Profile Search for other posts by Elizabeth

teachingmyown
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Feb 03 2009 at 8:21pm | IP Logged Quote teachingmyown

I got mine in a couple of days!

Remembering Today
Back to Top View teachingmyown's Profile Search for other posts by teachingmyown Visit teachingmyown's Homepage

JodieLyn
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Feb 03 2009 at 8:24pm | IP Logged Quote JodieLyn

Valerie, I haven't.. I know I could find the free stuff online.. but well there's no room here near the computer really and I dislike "new situations" not that it stops me but I tend to want to know more before jumping in.. I think I'll be much happier with trying it out if I wait and get the book first and then go from there to the videos.. I know people say you don't need to.. to get started asap instead.. but that just feels wrong for me.. I want to have some idea of what I'm supposed to be doing and just generally more knowledge before jumping in.

-Sir Walter Scott

Elizabeth
Founder
Founder

Real Learning

Posted: Feb 03 2009 at 8:28pm | IP Logged Quote Elizabeth

Michele,
The seminar that comes with the 15 minute workout is very explanatory and goes over the science of it all very, very well. Don't skip it because it will come back to inspire you later. And then, the demonstrations of each exercise on the demo part of the DVD gives further info regarding the science and the mechanics of it all. It's well worth working out with the demo a few times in order to know you've got it down before starting the actual 15 minute workout.

Elizabeth Foss is no longer a member of this forum. Discussions now reflect the current management & are not necessarily expressions of her book, *Real Learning*, her current work, or her philosophy. (posted by E. Foss, Jan 2011)

Angie Mc
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Posted: Feb 03 2009 at 9:51pm | IP Logged Quote Angie Mc

I am not supposed to be here, remember I'm on a strict bedtime (see other topic ) but I'm SO excited to have more TTapping buddies! I was going to post here again last week to let you know how, again, TTapp helped me to cut my sick time down last week then I thought, "I'm starting to sound like a TTapp groupie!"

I also wanted to share my latest success...during the Primary Back Stretch, during the part where you put your hands behind your back, straighten your arms, and lift them...well...sheesh, I couldn't get my hands anywhere near each other. My shoulders were so rounded that my hands ended up at least a foot apart. So I used the tip to hold a dish towel for that move. Then I used an elastic band instead and for some mommy reason (because it was there) one day I grabbed a six pack plastic ring holder and started using that. Just last week, I was finally able to join my hands behind my back and lift them ever so slightly!   

I love that I keep seeing different positive results...keeps me motivated!

Good job, everyone .

Good night!

Love,

Back to Top View Angie Mc's Profile Search for other posts by Angie Mc Visit Angie Mc's Homepage

Jamberry77
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: Feb 04 2009 at 7:47am | IP Logged Quote Jamberry77

Just a few thoughts to add: on the third Tuesday of every month, special prices are offered. So you may want to check the website on the morning of the third Tuesday to see what the deals are. The first one I got, MORE, in November, was 40% off on that third Tuesday. I was able to get 50% off my "Basic Instructional" DVD when they had a deal on Dec. 30 and 31st.

Another thing for me - I've had hip pain while doing certain exercises (like warrior pose, and sitting cross legged, and doing runners' stretch) for a few years now, and I'm finding more hip pain while doing the Basic workout. I started out with the MORE video (which does a great job of teaching the moves) and then gave it to my mom and I've been doing the basic workout and have had more hip pain. I was really hoping this would be the perfect program for me. I have emailed a Senior Trainer for help. She's going to get back to me once Teresa Tapp gets back in town. Having support availble by phone and email is great. I just hope this all works out for me. I feel fantastic after doing the exercises - just having problems with my hips. I may have to visit a physical therapist for more ideas.

Another thing - if someone is wondering whether to get the MORE or the Basic instruction version, I'd recommend MORE since there is so much more teaching on that one. I think they go too fast for learning on the other one (for uncoordinated me, they do.) The MORE does have several other short but different workouts on the DVD, too, to add some variety. It's definately at a slower pace than the instructional workout, and will give one a better sense of success if they are out of shape (like me).

Lisa R
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Feb 04 2009 at 3:26pm | IP Logged Quote Lisa R

Okay, my interest is very peaked now. So what would I order to start out with?

Jenny
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: Feb 10 2009 at 6:57pm | IP Logged Quote Jenny

Elizabeth wrote:
I'd have to echo all the positives. The one warning I'd offer that I haven't seen is that the blood sugar thing is for real. My blood sugar tends to be low and I walked around the whole first week feeling like I was going to pass out. Finally, a friend suggested I break out the check kit I only use when I'm pregnant. Sure enough, it was way low and that explained why I felt like I was 8 weeks pregnant. Now, I'm being really careful with protein. ...Other than the sugar crash, it's all good

I think I am having some blood sugar issues right now. During my last pregnancy, I failed the 1hr and passed the 3hr, but at the end of the 3hr, my blood sugar was very, very low, a 35! The dr was not concerned, but did tell me to eat small frequent meals. (The baby is now 8mos old) I have been noticing lately that when I eat something sugary, I feel terrible, really, really terrible afterwards. I feel extremely, extremely sleepy, scary sleepy.

All that to say I just got my dvd in and wondered when you work out? You said you are really careful with protein now. So do you eat breakfast first and then T-Tapp?

Elizabeth
Founder
Founder

Real Learning

Posted: Feb 10 2009 at 7:22pm | IP Logged Quote Elizabeth

Jenny wrote:

All that to say I just got my dvd in and wondered when you work out? You said you are really careful with protein now. So do you eat breakfast first and then T-Tapp?

No. I work out and then I immediately eat two eggs with a little cheese and a cup of tea with cream and a teaspoon of honey. This seems to work. In all honesty, my blood sugar has been too low for a couple of weeks now. I think I'm just plain not eating enough for nursing and exercising and parenting eight kids while dad travels...

So...be careful not to diet too much. Make sure you get plenty of protein and fat or you will feel really, really bad. Of this I am quite sure .

Angie Mc
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Posted: Feb 10 2009 at 8:26pm | IP Logged Quote Angie Mc

My ideal time to TTapp is about an hour after I eat lunch. The main advantage for me is that this is down time in our home and exercising at this time helps me to avoid afternoon fatigue. Sometimes I nap before TTapping too! I don't like to give up my quiet, focused time in the morning to exercise - yuck! And I don't like to exercise too late at night or it revs me up.

As for blood sugar levels, I've made quite a few changes about how I eat, drink, take vitamins, sleep and exercise that its hard to know which variables are helping me, but I consistently feel energized after TTapping and I haven't had as many blood sugar drop problems as I have in the past.

This is all very interesting!

Love,

Back to Top View Angie Mc's Profile Search for other posts by Angie Mc Visit Angie Mc's Homepage

<< Prev Page of 10 Next >>
  [Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version