Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Our Lady of Good Remedy and Care (Forum Locked Forum Locked)
 4Real Forums : Our Lady of Good Remedy and Care
Subject Topic: T-Tapp ? Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
Elizabeth
Founder
Founder

Real Learning

Online Status: Offline
Posted: May 07 2009 at 10:38am | IP Logged Quote Elizabeth

Here's a question for the "Mummy Tummy" experts who also know the T-Tapp program: will T-Tapp fix a Mummy Tummy?

Elizabeth Foss is no longer a member of this forum. Discussions now reflect the current management & are not necessarily expressions of her book, *Real Learning*, her current work, or her philosophy. (posted by E. Foss, Jan 2011)
Back to Top View Elizabeth's Profile Search for other posts by Elizabeth

crusermom
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: May 07 2009 at 12:02pm | IP Logged Quote crusermom

Oh, please say yes!

Army wife and Crusermom to 8 wonderful children!
Back to Top View crusermom's Profile Search for other posts by crusermom

DeAnn M
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: May 07 2009 at 12:20pm | IP Logged Quote DeAnn M

Here's my opinion based on a limited knowledge of both programs. I think it all depends on whether or not you actually have a diastasis--where the abdomenal muscles have separated. And then, I think it would also depend on the severity of that separation. Julie Tupler shows in the video how to check for it. I can find my video and try to describe it as best I can if anyone is interested.

In T-Tapp, when you, "tuck butt," you are doing exercises that are similar to the exercises in the Mummy Tummy video. The similarity is tucking deep within the abdominal muscles. Tupler describes the exercise as pushing your ab muscles deeper and deeper into your back. When you tuck your bum, you do the same thing although it is probably not as not as concentrated. (Tupler describes the depth in levels as you are supposed to hold at level 2 and push back to 5 a number of times.) It really helps to visualize tucking your abs deeper and deeper into your back.

Also one other major difference is that Tupler recommends wearing a band over your abdomen. It's basically a sash with a lot of velcro. This sort of keeps everything tucked in and helps the diastasis to come back together. If you have the T-Tapp, "secrets to flat abs" DVD which comes with the book, she does an exercise that seems to incorporate a similar philosophy where you use your hands to move things up and tuck them in while you contract your ab muscles.

I think if you have a small diastasis, T-Tapp alone will take care of it just fine, but if your muscles are really separated, then I think you would need to make a more concentrated effort to correct it.

Could I have just said the last couple of sentences? Sorry for long-winded explanation.

Blessings,
DeAnn
Back to Top View DeAnn M's Profile Search for other posts by DeAnn M

trish
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: May 15 2009 at 10:32am | IP Logged Quote trish

Elizabeth wrote:
Here's a question for the "Mummy Tummy" experts who also know the T-Tapp program: will T-Tapp fix a Mummy Tummy?

Elizabeth..... I just checked my separation yesterday and I can just push my fingers in maybe 1 cm where as before it was at least 2.5 - 3 cm. My midwife said I had better do something about it before I have another baby. Needless to say I was pretty excited! I've only been doing the Basic Work-Out plus for a bit. In fact I've only done it 14 times including today. I've lost at least 2 inches on my waist and 1.5 on my abdomen. I say at least because I didn't take proper measurements before. And I can feel the muscle.
I've lost a total so far of 7.5 inches (at least). I'm so excited about that. I'm going to unofficially do the latest 60 day challenge. And I said I wasn't going to weigh myself... but I did. I gained 2 lbs. Funny. But that's okay because I know I will lose the weight. I just have to build up my core muscles which have been living a pretty lax life for the past 10 years or so. And then I will start to lose lbs. Inches are pretty good though. I'm going to like fitting into smaller clothes. What I love about this work out the most is no dieting and it's only 15 minutes!!! And parts of me are definitely firmer. I can pick up my little (30lb) baby boy easier. I'm definitely stronger!!
I'm so glad I found this thread. Thank you ladies!

+AMDG+
Saintly Soaps

Back to Top View trish's Profile Search for other posts by trish

Angie Mc
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Posted: June 10 2009 at 8:40pm | IP Logged Quote Angie Mc

Hi T-Tappers! I hope you all are going strong and reaping the benefits of your efforts! If for any reason you could use some extra encouragement and accountability to help you reach your T-Tapp goals, consider becoming a T-Tapp Buddy! Thank you .

Love,

Back to Top View Angie Mc's Profile Search for other posts by Angie Mc Visit Angie Mc's Homepage

Courtney
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Nov 17 2009 at 6:39am | IP Logged Quote Courtney

Question for other T-Tappers: Has anyone else felt it strongly in their knees? I could barely climb the stairs yesterday without my knees feeling wobbly! I think I don't realize how often I stand with my knees locked. JUst doing all the exercises with knees bent is a huge workout! I hope this part gets easier! I was actually a little sore this morning when I woke up, but I went ahead and did the workout. I still don't feel like I can do it all (coordination isn't quite there yet for all the moves) and I want to make sure I'm not doing the moves wrong. I did notice, though, that I was more conscious of my posture yesterday. That's a good thing!

Back to Top View Courtney's Profile Search for other posts by Courtney

Sorry, you cannot post a reply to this topic.
This forum has been locked by a forum administrator.

<< Prev Page of 10
  [Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version